• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/13 GDT: Avalanche 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Wow, with about 5 minutes left in the game, the Wings registered their first shot on net this period! Wings not doing much, as well as not getting much, in this period.

EDIT: Finally a whistle! Last one was, what, 8-9 minutes ago.

Edited by commadore183

No complaints here, though. Bergfors scores one to get Atlanta back within one. Hope Pittsburgh can suffer another 3rd period collapse. :D

Get use to this trend. A lot of the post-cap successes, are spending all their cap space, to lock up breakout guys, who may or may not do their job 2-3-4 years down the road. The cap makes teams move people around, clear up space, and take gambles on people.

In a poker game, Chicago went "All in", and won. But nothing left for later tournaments. Can't bully out a win now.

Pittsburgh, is a high card team. They bet on high cards, and can't play a low card game for s***.

Detroit, likes to slow play the f*** out of the system, but they're the quiet guy who gets you in the end, round after round. Win some, lose some, but always in the game.

Where's Draper to bury this EN?

I totally blame him.

would be too much to ask to not sit back in the 3rd when you have a lead

too much to ask to score an empty net goal and end the game too

but its a win. impressive 40 mins and congrats to huds getting his first finally

go wings

Guest scottj

we get it mindfly, you want to see 60 minutes of pure domination.

So wings played for 40mins tonight, why not a full 60? too much to ask for? :ranting:

maybe cause 40 was enough for 2 pts?

Edited by scottj

You don't like how it turned out? The only other outcome would have been a loss, so would that have been more acceptable?

Good game,too bad Howard didn't get the shutout there.Lol@ franzens penalty,it looked as though the other guy pulled a crosby as he flung his body to the ice while franzen held his jersey.

Get use to this trend. A lot of the post-cap successes, are spending all their cap space, to lock up breakout guys, who may or may not do their job 2-3-4 years down the road. The cap makes teams move people around, clear up space, and take gambles on people.

In a poker game, Chicago went "All in", and won. But nothing left for later tournaments. Can't bully out a win now.

Pittsburgh, is a high card team. They bet on high cards, and can't play a low card game for s***.

Detroit, likes to slow play the f*** out of the system, but they're the quiet guy who gets you in the end, round after round. Win some, lose some, but always in the game.

That is, simply put, one of the finest analogies I've ever heard. :clap:

Good game,too bad Howard didn't get the shutout there.Lol@ franzens penalty,it looked as though the other guy pulled a crosby as he flung his body to the ice while franzen held his jersey.

As angry as I was that we got a penalty, I couldnt help but laugh at that.....flop..? :lol:

I am not a fan of the prevent defense this team displays after a lead. The past two cup teams for Detroit never did this stuff, but as long as we keep winning I'm happy.

That's all I saw from Detroit back in 08.

That's why they lost game 5, and that's why the Penguins were able to get one final great chance on Osgood in game 6.

Something in Babcock's system causes that, but I have no idea what.