• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/13 GDT: Avalanche 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

So wings played for 40mins tonight, why not a full 60? too much to ask for? :ranting:

ROFL. You have such a childish system of entitlement. I pity you.

I am not a fan of the prevent defense this team displays after a lead. The past two cup teams for Detroit never did this stuff, but as long as we keep winning I'm happy.

Yeah, Wings suck at it - you'd think they would realize it one of these days.

That's all I saw from Detroit back in 08.

That's why they lost game 5, and that's why the Penguins were able to get one final great chance on Osgood in game 6.

Something in Babcock's system causes that, but I have no idea what.

Hmmm, I don't remember it, I remember it more prevalently from the 09' team.

I'm a homer for our guys as much as anybody, but the Mule got his leg behind the Avs guy. Even though the other guy embellished, 2 minutes beats having his eggshell head cracked for a poorly executed slew foot.

Guest mindfly

ROFL. You have such a childish system of entitlement. I pity you.

Why? it's the truth, horrendous 3rd period that will come back and haunt you in 9 of 10 nights, with a little more luck avs would have won that game, it was a lucky win, avs hade a post, hudler a lucky goal and alot of mad scrambles in front of the wings net, avs made wings look silly in the faceoff department too unacceptable...

Edited by mindfly

Guest scottj

So if you, as a team, only have 20 minutes of good play, the other team is lucky to have a win?

Edited by scottj

Good to see the win, but another slow GDT? What gives? :blink:

It's a Saturday night. My guess college football and parties are the priority. Only reason I was in tonight was because my brakes went out on my truck :(

plus, we're super spoiled, we don't need to be posting in every thread :P. The Avs GDT on HF was super slow as well. i blame the economy :sly:

Edited by Konnan511

Well looked it up:

07-08 team:

GF: 3rd

GA: 1st

08-09 team:

GF: 1st

GA: 19th

The 08-09 team shut down in late games, the 07-08 team shut the teams down in the late games.

Other big differences in the GA between the two are:

Osgood had one of his best regular seasons and was a Vezina contender in 07-08, but had one of his worst regular seasons in 08-09

Hasek was Osgood's partner in 07-08 and played at a comparable level for most of the year; Conklin was Osgood's partner in 08-09 and played at a comparable level most of the year.

The 08-09 team was not as good defensively as the 07-08 team, but goaltending was a notable factor.

Other big differences in the GA between the two are:

Osgood had one of his best regular seasons and was a Vezina contender in 07-08, but had one of his worst regular seasons in 08-09

Hasek was Osgood's partner in 07-08 and played at a comparable level for most of the year; Conklin was Osgood's partner in 08-09 and played at a comparable level most of the year.

The 08-09 team was not as good defensively as the 07-08 team, but goaltending was a notable factor.

If memory serves the defense was terrible in '09, which would result in worse goaltending numbers.

I'm a homer for our guys as much as anybody, but the Mule got his leg behind the Avs guy. Even though the other guy embellished, 2 minutes beats having his eggshell head cracked for a poorly executed slew foot.

Franzen was trying to stop. He wasn't trying to slew foot Duchene, and it is irrelevant because Duchene embellished the call as soon as Franzen's skate got his. It was a flat out dive.

Why? it's the truth, horrendous 3rd period that will come back and haunt you in 9 of 10 nights

Rolling into the third period up 3-0 will get you 82 Ws in 9 out of 10 seasons.

They were toying with them at times through 40. They didn't expend any energy sitting back in the last 20. It wasn't pretty but you can appreciate their economy of motion. ;)

Guest Crymson

I love Huddles reaction after his goal.

To me, it said, "Thank god; maybe this will reduce my chances of being benched for the next five games."

Guest Heaten

I think I like the Miller-Helm-Eaves line better than with Abdelkader. Abby belongs on the 3rd line. Hopefully Holland is showcasing Hudler for a possible trade.