• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Campbell calls (likely Savard) "Fake Artist" in email

Rate this topic

Let me get this straight: Campbell is writing e-mails which he assumes will be for the people to whom he is sending them and not read by others, and people are appalled because his grammar and spelling are terrible. On the other hand, people post here on a public forum every day with terrible grammar and spelling, and it is considered perfectly normal.

Which leads me to my question: How do people get ahold of these e-mails? Don't people delete? Do they get passed on? Are the accounts hacked? How do things like this become public?

They're appalled at his lack of professionalism (which includes spelling and grammar) and his willingness to abuse power to target players and influence reffing. It's no doubt grounds for dismissal and if I was the NHLPA I'd be raising hell over this as it's not fair for the players to have to be punished by this thug.

EDIT: And of course his targeting of refs which could explain the bizarre reffing we've had the past few years.

Edited by VM1138

Guest Hatethedrake!

It's quite obvious that Colie Campbell has little to no education. This is what happens when the ex-players get important jobs after they are done playing. I mean some players are very well educated and go on to do very well in their new roles after their playing days are over. But reading those emails by Campbell was almost embarrassing. He sounds like someone who has done time since he was in Grade 8.

And grammar aside, they're just unprofessional. In a work-related e-mail, I would never even consider using the words "s***" or "f***" as prolifically as Campbell does.

Now I'm curious what Bettman's e-mails look like. Probably just as juvenile.

Very, very unlikely. Betmman is a lawyer, and an extremely good one at that. He'll know enough to know that if he writes something in an email, expect it to last forever and go to everyone, so I suspect he's very careful about what he sends via email.

It's quite obvious that Colie Campbell has little to no education. This is what happens when the ex-players get important jobs after they are done playing. I mean some players are very well educated and go on to do very well in their new roles after their playing days are over. But reading those emails by Campbell was almost embarrassing. He sounds like someone who has done time since he was in Grade 8.

Wait - you mean all hockey players aren't Rhodes scholars? I thought the OHL was an academic society and filled the requirements for the Commissioner position.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wait - you mean all hockey players aren't Rhodes scholars? I thought the OHL was an academic society and filled the requirements for the Commissioner position.

Yeah what was I thinking? Campbell is the modern day Socrates.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I'm not going to give Campbell s*** for the grammar, spelling or even professionalism of his e-mails. Realistically, he works closely with a group of 5-10 people (I just totally made up that number, but that seems like about the correct number of senior NHL execs) and probably knows them all quite well. I'm not at all surprised that he uses profanity and colloquial speech in an e-mail sent to somebody who probably works in the office next door. And really, does it affect anyone? I don't think the word s*** has caused any specific NHL-related problems.

That being said, the bias and favouritism he shows is appalling. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns in the next 10 days... once it's on Puck Daddy, everybody in the hockey world is going to know about it and there is simply no way the NHL can cover this one up (again). Colin's in trouble.

It is funny when things like this and the NBA reffing scandal come about - and you see evidence things are actully •worse• than what the conspiracy theorists rant and rave about.

It's pretty sad - I've always believed Campbell was a biased tool with no sense of consistency - and hey, looks like I might have been giving him too much credit!

I mean, we're now talking about him maliciously abusing his power to single out individuals - extremely disturbing stuff, and I hope it continues to pick up steam and is investigated.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'll be surprised if Campbell loses his job over this. He may be slapped on the wrist. But in the end, it will be business as usual. Heck he may even get a promotion.

I love this comment from a "Henrik Zetterberg" at the end of this blog -

"How about when Evgeni Malkin jumped me late in the game during the ’09 Finals and Malkin escaped the automatic suspension for an instigator penalty with less than 5 minutes left?"

Too bad the person who made that statement has no idea what they are talking about.

Guest Hatethedrake!

"How about when Evgeni Malkin jumped me late in the game during the ’09 Finals and Malkin escaped the automatic suspension for an instigator penalty with less than 5 minutes left?"

That is a great example of Campbell's dartboard justice. Ignore the rulebook. It's Malkin. We can't suspend him in the Stanley Cup Final. :ranting:

Forget spelling, forget grammar (in this case only!!), even forget the unprofessionalism; anyone stupid enough to commit these thoughts to the written word where it can come back to bite him in the ass isn't smart enough to hold any management position.

They should check his texts - there's probably a fount of information in there as well.

Well, more like it's a superstar and we've made exceptions to superstars before.

More like, the rule isn't meant to stop people from fighting with less than 5 minutes left, rather to stop coaches from sending out goons to start fights and send a message.

Malkin's fight was purely reactionary to the play that was unfolding on the ice. It's not like it was the first time that year that the rule was amended based on those circumstances.

Forget spelling, forget grammar (in this case only!!), even forget the unprofessionalism; anyone stupid enough to commit these thoughts to the written word where it can come back to bite him in the ass isn't smart enough to hold any management position.

They should check his texts - there's probably a fount of information in there as well.

amd_kwame_kilpatrick.jpg

"SAY WHAA?"

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Guest Shoreline

That was pretty funny.

(Even though there's a multitude of Wings fans that will take this seriously and continue the silly bitchfest from 2009)

More like, the rule isn't meant to stop people from fighting with less than 5 minutes left, rather to stop coaches from sending out goons to start fights and send a message.

Malkin's fight was purely reactionary to the play that was unfolding on the ice. It's not like it was the first time that year that the rule was amended based on those circumstances.

Is that stated in the rules?