• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/28 GDT: Blue Jackets 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

It's great to see Filppula has been on this team for almost five years and people still can't spell his name :huh:

Valtteri Filppula.

Sound it out. Double the 4th letter. Works for both names.

Look how long it took for the Kronwall/Kronvall debate to be settled.

I still have trouble with Toews. It just never looks right.

The embarrassing one is when I'm thinking "Mac" and type "MacCarty".

Flip has been looking good. Hopefully he keeps it up. He is working well with Bert and Mule. I love it not only because it works, but because it keeps ZDH together.

Can anybody upload the Wings 5 on 3 kill? I know it wasn't against one of the better power plays in the league but it was still nice to watch.

I didn't get to see the game as I was forced to go see HP7, so I'd like to see the kill as well. Reading the comments from the CBJs board it sounded like it was a dismal effort on the BJs part.

I didn't get to see the game as I was forced to go see HP7, so I'd like to see the kill as well. Reading the comments from the CBJs board it sounded like it was a dismal effort on the BJs part.

The effort on the BJs part was okay. It should've been a lot better considering the situation but sometimes teams freeze up during those moments. It's happened to the Wings as we all unfortunately know. <_<

EDIT: On the Wings part, though, they definitely did their part too. They got in the way of shots and made smart plays to get the puck out.

Edited by titanium2

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

I missed the Filppula goal, my wife got home from grocery shopping and went into labor. We heard the last of the game just before we left for the birthing center.

We brought home a beautiful little girl that my wife named Olivia Cleary Lowell. Happy Holidays my fellow Wings fans.

Congrats! :thumbup:

And Cleary? Get that from 'Dan Cleary'?

Awesome, congrats! :thumbup:

Speaking of Filppula...

Has anyone else noticed how he has scored his goals in pairs against the same team?

2 against CHI - same game 10/9

2 against EDM - separate games 11/5 & 11/11 (make a wish)

2 against CBJ - separate games 11/26 & 11/28

So... Does that mean it's only fair we should expect him to score again in about another month, more or less? Perhaps against the Blues, who the Wings play on 12/15 and 12/23?

Beautiful name! Congratulations!

Sucks that you missed part of the game though. Just kidding :)

Speaking of Filppula...

Has anyone else noticed how he has scored his goals in pairs against the same team?

2 against CHI - same game 10/9

2 against EDM - separate games 11/5 & 11/11 (make a wish)

2 against CBJ - separate games 11/26 & 11/28

So... Does that mean it's only fair we should expect him to score again in about another month, more or less? Perhaps against the Blues, who the Wings play on 12/15 and 12/23?

I've been a little disappointed with Filppula's point production. I love that guy, and he totally deserves to be our second line center, I just wish more pucks would go in the net for him. He works his ass off, and contributes in many ways every game, but I feel like he's getting cheated :-p I hope he hits a mutli-game goal streak sometime this season.

Guest mindfly

I wish filppula had the shot of his fellow countryman Selanne, filppula hardly ever snipes a shot, has he ever scored on a slapshot? it's mostly rebound-goals, open nets, backhands, close around the net-goals that he scores

Edited by mindfly

Congratulations and wishes for much happiness.

Congratulations! I like her name :) You could have waited for the game to end :P That reminded me of when I was with my sister and she was in labor, we were watching the Family Guy episode when they did Star Wars (I think, not a fan) but they both said "We'll wait until this is over and then go to the hospital" :lol: Good thing her labor wasn't progressing quickly.

I wish filppula had the shot of his fellow countryman Selanne, filppula hardly ever snipes a shot, has he ever scored on a slapshot? it's mostly rebound-goals, open nets, backhands, close around the net-goals that he scores

With Filppula I think it all comes down to his confidence. Like Babs said last night, he thinks he's really good, he just has to convince Fil. He had a good but underutilized shot. The goal against Phoenix last year in the playoffs when he shot it from outside the circle on the boards was a snipe, but we rarely see that type of shot from him.

The better Filppula does, the better he is going to get. It's all confidence from him, he has all the tools.

OMG congradulations!!! You should have made a poll so LGW could give her the middle name :P Olivia Bertuzzi Lowell, has a nice ring to it!

His first playoff goal ever has slapshot snipe over Kippers left shoulder far post.

With Filppula I think it all comes down to his confidence. Like Babs said last night, he thinks he's really good, he just has to convince Fil. He had a good but underutilized shot. The goal against Phoenix last year in the playoffs when he shot it from outside the circle on the boards was a snipe, but we rarely see that type of shot from him.

The better Filppula does, the better he is going to get. It's all confidence from him, he has all the tools.

Every year we hear this. But Flip hasn't gotten any better. Sure, he's decent and he's not hurting the team, and the line he plays on is great, but I think it's safe to say he's hit a plateau in his career. This is as good as he gets.

Thanks for the well wishes! You guys rock. I guess I'll go ahead and introduce Olivia Cleary Lowell, not even a full day old yet. IF she gets a sister, it'll be Lilja Mae Lowell. Then we'll have Livs and Lils. Go Wings!

Jen (aka The Jenerator) and Little Livsey Clears.

JenandLivsey001.jpg

JenandLivsey004.jpg

Who wouldn't wish that, but they are very different players. The sniping shot is one of the few things Filpp could really improve on.

Edited by T.Low

Thanks for the well wishes! You guys rock. I guess I'll go ahead and introduce Olivia Cleary Lowell, not even a full day old yet. IF she gets a sister, it'll be Lilja Mae Lowell. Then we'll have Livs and Lils. Go Wings!

Jen (aka The Jenerator) and Little Livsey Clears.

JenandLivsey001.jpg

JenandLivsey004.jpg

Who wouldn't wish that, but they are very different players. The sniping shot is one of the few things Filpp could really improve on.

That Mae wouldn't happen to be inspired from the band Mae, would it? Also, Congrats!