• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Ducks 0

Rate this topic

More Wings fans then Duck fan if you ask me LOL.

There were definitely a ton of us there, and we were LOUD. Don't know what's wrong with the Ducks fans, but even before we buried them, they weren't exactly the most enthusiastic of crowds. Meanwhile, we were chanting it up. Of course, in the last few minutes, they all starting leaving, so then we REALLY took over the place, and if you ignored the logo on the ice, you would've thought you were at the Joe with everybody cheering for the Wings' win. God dang I had a good time. I had great seats with a bunch of Wings fans around me, and HOT DOGGIE was revenge sweet for that last game at the Suck Pond! You da man, Howard!

Edit: Can I also just say how nice it was to not have to hear Bro Hymn at any point tonight? If there was ever a good reason to get an SO, that's it. Here's hoping for another you-know-what at the next Hawks home game...that's even worse.

PPS: I'd also like to say that you can poke fun all you want, but you will NEVER get me to say the S-O word before a game. Case in point: before the game, a Ducks fan in front of me said Hiller was going to get a shut-out. I couldn't believe it. I kinda stared at the guy for a while like he was nuts, and I then thought, "Oh well, works for me - the guy just totally jinxed the Ducks." And wow, did he ever. Not only did Hiller let in 4, but OUR goalie got the S-O. Never will I be so bold. Scoff if you will, but the only time you will hear me say the word shut-out will be in reference to one that's already happened.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Guest mindfly

Woho jimmy loves playing against the ducks

Great game overall again, 3rd period was the best, a bit lucky in the 2nd but a good team has luck as well...

BFF line was pure dominance this game

Datsyuk is only 4 points behind Ovi for 3rd place in points and has played 5 less games. Thats pretty scary, anyone else think he might hit 100 ?

I really hope Dats does, but ovi is no indicator of that. He has i guess been struggling considering Cleary AND Franzen have more goals then he does!

Great game, especially for Jimmy.

the Ducks actually played well (41 shots on goal??), the Wings just made them pay for turnovers. The score makes it look so much more lopsided than it actually was. The Wings were outshot, outhit, took more penalties, and the Ducks were better in the faceoff circle, but walk away with a 4-0 win. That's pretty great.

Lidstrom didn't register on the scoresheet but was his usual awesome self defensively.

I don't want to jinx it, but it seems like whatever is going on with Ericsson last season has stopped. He looked solid out there, playing more physical, making the simple play, and clearing the crease (though I still wish he would've hit the guy harder), and made a great play on Flips goal.

The only players who I think had a couple cringe-worthy plays were Kronwall and Homer. Homer got the goal but made a couple terrible passes under pressure that handcuffed his defenseman that led to odd man rushes.

All in all, great game.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Like his Mom's cancer being a lot more manageable.

wow, I somehow missed that story (I don't live in Detroit so don't read the Freep or anything). But did a quick search on the story. That's definitely got to be a distraction, especially when you're so far away from home.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Plus Babs started out last season with Ericsson and Stuart as the #1 and #2 PK defensemen to give Lidstrom a break or something like that. Didn't seem to work at all. No doubt it had an influence on his psyche to start the season.

The only players who I think had a couple cringe-worthy plays were Kronwall and Homer. Homer got the goal but made a couple terrible passes under pressure that handcuffed his defenseman that led to odd man rushes.

All in all, great game.

I also remember Homer coming close to hooking a guy and just riding behind him to try and catch up. Homer has never been the fastest guy in the league (okay, maybe the slowest) but it was pretty sad looking even for him.

Guest scottj

Wonder if ducks fans will just forget the pp ratio between teams in this game and continue to act like the wings get favoritism