• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#61 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Cocky guy, cheap artist, etc... Just seems to always say and do the wrong things. But with that said I think he's an amazing player at both ends of the ice and this year he's really taken it up a notch hence why I hate him even more.

What do you mean "cheap"? If you mean cheap shot artist he certainly doesn't have a history of that. The main criticism of Kesler from opposing fans has always been that he yaps too much, but he's totally dropped that aspect of his game. And his game has done nothing but improve. Burrows has also gone a long way to dropping that kind of stuff.

http://www.vancouver...1599/story.html
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#62 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

I am bummed about Ozzie not playing, I just hope that he can deal with it and come back. I did my game day rituals for when he's in net, so I hope that's not going to be bad for Howard. :P

Go Wings!!! Play like we know you can and you'll win the game.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#63 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

Howard will be fine, if the rest of the Wings show up tonight. I have to believe, they KNOW they had better. Of course, it won't stop people here from blaming every goal on Jimmy, regardless of the back to back and missing a top D-man on top of everything else.

Yes, I am psychic. Not. Just been here a long time. :D

Hey, Chairman Maouth, what kind of reception do you think Bert will get tonight? I loved him so much as a Canuck... love him more as a Wing, of course. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#64 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Howard would do well to build off the energy he was able to get going for the last 15 minutes of yesterdays game. If he plays at all like he did in the first 40 last night, we're toast. I'd feel better with Osgood in based on how things have gone the last couple months, but Jimmy's certainly capable of playing better. Hopefully he'll get it going. He'll absolutely have to or we will be toast.

Agreed. Because of Ozzie's condition, Howard has to hold it together. It would be way counter-productive to have to bring Ozzie in. And the TEAM has to play well because of Howard AND Ozzie. And the other guys who are out.

Aaaack!! :shocking:

Edited by Vladifan, 08 January 2011 - 08:35 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#65 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

Jimmy was upset with himself over the losses, but said he sure didn't intend to make it three (last night). I have faith that he will stand tall tonight and going forward. He's got the right stuff.

This constant barrage of losing key players and then adding in the young talent can't be all that easy for him, to have to adjust to the way the different lines and players react in front of him on a nightly basis. Ozzie's a veteran so it probably is easier for him, but Jimmy has to learn on the job. I think he can do it. :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#66 agziolkow

agziolkow

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

He is.

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#67 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Kesler is awesome and I'm sure most Wings fans would agree he fits the Red Wing mold.

Over the past few seasons, out of the teams in the West, the Nucks have done the best job emulating the Wings from their European personnel on the ice, and their playing style and drafting.

They are one of the few teams I like.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#68 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hey, Chairman Maouth, what kind of reception do you think Bert will get tonight? I loved him so much as a Canuck... love him more as a Wing, of course. :P

I don't recall him ever getting treated too poorly when he comes back. There might be the odd boo, but for the most part the fans still appreciate that he was a big part of one of the best lines in Canuck's history.

On a sidenote - with it being a big game tonight, I expect to see the Green Men in attendance and tormenting any Wings who find their way to the penalty box. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR90G4u5rdw

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 08 January 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#69 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRU7zNNv40

i have never laughed at a red wings telecast like i did then (and now). f****** murph.

ken daniels couldnt even do the play by play after that because he was too busy laughing :fro:

#70 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

What do you mean "cheap"? If you mean cheap shot artist he certainly doesn't have a history of that. The main criticism of Kesler from opposing fans has always been that he yaps too much, but he's totally dropped that aspect of his game. And his game has done nothing but improve. Burrows has also gone a long way to dropping that kind of stuff.

Watch how many times tonight he hacks and whacks and taps at zetterberg behind plays or after whistles... He's cheap s***. Always been always will. He becomes a wing I become tb fan. He's NO red wing!!! Regardless if he's from Michigan.

http://www.vancouver...1599/story.html

#71 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

i have never laughed at a red wings telecast like i did then (and now). f****** murph.

ken daniels couldnt even do the play by play after that because he was too busy laughing :fro:

"Food for thought..." :lol: I can never decide if Murph is actually drunk or just goofier than Hell, and those sorts of things just occur to him and he says them out loud.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#72 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Watch how many times tonight he hacks and whacks and taps at zetterberg behind plays or after whistles... He's cheap s***. Always been always will. He becomes a wing I become tb fan. He's NO red wing!!! Regardless if he's from Michigan.

you must never have watched Yzerman ;).

Edited by Konnan511, 08 January 2011 - 09:07 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#73 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

I don't recall him ever getting treated too poorly when he comes back. There might be the odd boo, but for the most part the fans still appreciate that he was a big part of one of the best lines in Canuck's history.

that's a good thing to hear. I like Bert a lot, and while I know they can take it, I hate to hear players boo'ed in their old arenas. Bert and Naslund were the Canucks to me. I am sure he has many fond memories re: Vancouver.

That said, I hope he blasts three past Bobby Lou tonight. A girl can wish, right? :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#74 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'll be pleasanty surprised, and happy if we get a point tonight.

Posted Image

#75 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

that's a good thing to hear. I like Bert a lot, and while I know they can take it, I hate to hear players boo'ed in their old arenas. Bert and Naslund were the Canucks to me. I am sure he has many fond memories re: Vancouver.

That said, I hope he blasts three past Bobby Lou tonight. A girl can wish, right? :D

My wishes counter your wishes. :P

#76 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

So I take it you're not a big Gordie Howe fan either.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 08 January 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#77 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

My wishes counter your wishes. :P

Ok, then, I am not gonna tell you what else I am wishing. :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#78 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Nice post!!
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#79 kilgore

kilgore

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Time to pass the torch guys.
You've had it long enough.

Be prepared to be demolished.:cool:

#80 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Ok, then, I am not gonna tell you what else I am wishing. :lol:

:yowza: