35 replies to this topic

#1 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

ESPN.com

I loved the series and I think its great for the NHL. But would you want to see the Wings in one of these series? I think It would be really cool to see our Wings behind the scenes but, then again do you think it would be distracting? Some Caps alluded that the HBO crews made it harder for them to get out of their losing streak, sounds more like and excuse. I'm for more 24/7 but not sure how it would affect the Wings.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Not sure how I feel about the Wings doing this...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

I'm all for another NHL 24/7 but......keep the Wings out of it.

#4 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

already was one pretty much called ESPN: Detroit Red Wings: The Season. Although I would't mind seeing one newer one and get some epic Datsyuk quotes.

Edited by darkmanx, 10 January 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#5 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

already was one pretty much called ESPN: Detroit Red Wings: The Season.

oh yeah, I've seen this. Cool stuff
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#6 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

already was one pretty much called ESPN: Detroit Red Wings: The Season. Although I would't mind seeing one newer one and get some epic Datsyuk quotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx5Ds-FDsi8

That was during the 2002-2003 season right?

#7 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

That was during the 2002-2003 season right?

yep. Awesome series.

#8 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

i dont think the caps can blame HBO for the losing streak, especially when the pens were on their winning streak. it sounds more like it was coincidental that the losing streak and filming were the same time.

and how could they not do it again? i dont think there was a single hockey fan that didnt like the series. i mean, we all hate the pens it seems like, but we watched it and enjoyed it anyway. why not put the wings in there though? whats the worst that can happen? we got on an 8 game losing streak but still win the division and make the playoffs anyway? id sacrifice 2 weeks of heartache to get the back stage look on our players and their personal lives, the same players we love and cheer for every game.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

All I know is, the non hockey pundits over on ESPN really dig this series. I even heard them say it was the best look at sports ever, even giving it higher marks than NFL films.

I don't think the extra exposure to the Wings would make me hate or love them more than I do so I am indifferent to them being involved.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

I'm all for another 24/7. Just helps remind me of when I coached and how much I loved and loathed it!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#11 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Only if it follows Paul Bissonnette.

#12 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

would love to see more 24/7. Even though I dont like the Penguins and the Capitals, I found this series to be very interesting to watch. Again: I would love to see more 24/7-hockey stuff from HBO :)
Posted Image

#13 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

ESPN.com

I loved the series and I think its great for the NHL. But would you want to see the Wings in one of these series? I think It would be really cool to see our Wings behind the scenes but, then again do you think it would be distracting? Some Caps alluded that the HBO crews made it harder for them to get out of their losing streak, sounds more like and excuse. I'm for more 24/7 but not sure how it would affect the Wings.

It just made it harder to give Ovie steroids. :ph34r:

Edited by dragonballgtz, 10 January 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#14 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Before HBO's 24/7, there was ESPN's Detroit Red Wings: The Season

Edited by drumnj, 10 January 2011 - 01:58 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

would love to see more 24/7. Even though I dont like the Penguins and the Capitals, I found this series to be very interesting to watch. Again: I would love to see more 24/7-hockey stuff from HBO :)

Same here. I don't have any real feeling towards either team, but I thought 24/7 was great television. I'd love to see the Wings do one. The Season on ESPN was great, and it was a much more surface experience than 24/7, I thought.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Being covered by HBO especially 24/7 you had to expect the series to be covered with great emotion and it showed. I absolutely loved watching the series. I've gained more respect for some players I thought were complete douches. Also, the final episode I found to be really emotional, I'm not sure it was but the outdoor arena part with the kids hit me pretty hard and the final 5 minutes where they were playing exogenesis pt 3 by muse was amazing. The passion they put into the show and showcased it was beautiful.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#17 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Only question is, what team will it feature along with Pittsburgh this time around? ;)

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#18 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

They will be following the Penguins and Rimouski Océanic. Yup, those guys.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#19 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

a veteran team like detroit wouldnt be distracted by it.

#20 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'd love to see the kinds of things that go on in New Jersey's dressing room this season.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman