• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

that rainout really screwed us over. we had our wrong lineup in for tne non-CC pitcher, and that screwed everything up.

Exactly. Not only that, but it also moves Scherzer up to start at Yankee Stadium. Max is clearly better off pitching at Comerica with all of the fly balls and HR's he allows. I'm so pissed Torre and MLB sent the teams out there and wasted our best chance of winning the series. Only positive I can see today is Freddy Garcia blows and hopefully the Tigers can win 11-10.

Jackson 8, Maggs 9, Young 7, Cabby 3, V-Mart DH, Avila 2, Peralta 6, Betemit 5, Santiago 4 is the Tigers starting lineup for Game 2. I'm fine with Maggs starting, but can we please ditch him batting second? Put Avila there with his high OBP or hell even Betemit or Santiago would be fine. Gotta even this series up and let JV take over tomorrow night!

Edited by GoWings1905

Very encouraged by Scherzer today. Split in NY is what we wanted to do, and now we got the beast, CY Verlander, going in Detroit tomorrow. Little bit of a nail biter, but hey, a win is a win and the series is now a best of 3.

Man that was close, but we tied the series. The Tigs could win this series in 4! The 27 hour Game 1 is a big advantage for us, the Yankees can't use a 3 man rotation. Nova won't be ready until a possible Game 5.

I'm looking forward to this series going to Detroit tomorrow and Tuesday. Comerica will be rockin' with Verlander in Game 3. In Game 4 the Yankees will have to use A.J. and his batting practice style pitching. I like our chances to move on to the ALCS!

that rainout really screwed us over. we had our wrong lineup in for tne non-CC pitcher, and that screwed everything up.

After today's win, it's an advantage for the Tigs.

I was nervous as hell Max was going to implode when he had control issues in the first inning. I'm incredibly impressed though -- six shutout innings at Yankee Stadium in a game the Tigers had to win.

Comerica is going to be insane tomorrow, even more now with JV pitching. I want 2006 and no trip back to New York.

I was nervous as hell Max was going to implode when he had control issues in the first inning. I'm incredibly impressed though -- six shutout innings at Yankee Stadium in a game the Tigers had to win.

Comerica is going to be insane tomorrow, even more now with JV pitching. I want 2006 and no trip back to New York.

No kidding. That was the worst case scnerio IMO: Scherzer pitching at Yankee stadium. But he proved me and the doubters wrong and pitched great and gave the Tigers a much needed win. I have to say though, that 9th inning almost gave me a heart attack. I'm sure everyone besides me was thinking the Yankees were going to pull it off right after Avila slipped. Thankfully they didn't.

Tomorrow they need the crowd rocking and get to C.C. early. HAVE to win tomorrow and take it to Burnett in Game 4.

The entire Valverde exchange:

“It’ s over,” Valverde told a crowd of reporters after the game. “Tomorrow’s the second game, and when’s the last game? Tuesday? Tuesday’s the celebration. …

“I’m just kidding, guys,” he said, laughing out loud like somebody pulling a gag.

I can't wait for tonight! I'm expecting the Game 3 fans will be the loudest Baseball crowd in Tigers history! There's going to be a lot of "Yankees Suck", "Steriods" (for ARod), "MVP" (for Verlander or Cabrera), and "Cy" chants tonight.

Dan Patrick today was saying he thinks the Yankees are going to regret trying to play that game Friday night, and I agree.

Great game! That's post season Baseball at it's best, and most importantly Tigers are up 2-1 :yahoo:! I like our chances tomorrow against AJ.

If the Tigs have a long run this post season, I don't know how much more I can take watching Valverde pitch the 9th. He takes to much time in between pitches. :scared:

Brandon Inge is looking solid tonight :thumbup:

Santiago too! It's great watching those guys come through.

If we played that same game in New York, we lose lol. At least 2 balls to right field were caught on the track. The Yankees must hate playing away from their little league field. JV was solid against the buzz-saw yankees, and papa does what he does. Confident going in tomorrow against Burnett, just need Rick to keep it close and our offense will hopefully beat up on AJ.

Way too much stress in that one. JV wasn't himself and still had, what, 11 strikeouts? Also, that ump's strike zone was bulls***. CC had some particularly poor calls I thought, not that I felt too bad for him haha.

I'm not gonna fall asleep awhile. The nerves are making me twitch still.

Finish it tomorrow! Go Tigers!

Way too much stress in that one. JV wasn't himself and still had, what, 11 strikeouts? Also, that ump's strike zone was bulls***. CC had some particularly poor calls I thought, not that I felt too bad for him haha.

I'm not gonna fall asleep awhile. The nerves are making me twitch still.

Finish it tomorrow! Go Tigers!

That was an unacceptably inconsistent strike zone. Great win for our Boys, though!

The fiancee was great and sat at a sports bar with me all night to watch. What a game!