• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut40

"Everybody Hates Lebda"

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

don't feel bad for lebda. he's making a cool 1.5mil/yr playing part-time.

Who on Earth was that? I don't think anybody thought that. I guess it was hoped he'd provide 3rd pairing depth and would eat up some powerplay time.

It might have been Eklund.

Emphasis on the 'idiot' part. :P

Who on Earth was that? I don't think anybody thought that. I guess it was hoped he'd provide 3rd pairing depth and would eat up some powerplay time.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember Burke saying something about Lebda proving everyone wrong and becoming a top 3 D-man on the Leafs. Something about unshackling him from Detroit's system will unleash him on the league.

The finger pointing for why the Leafs suck is at Brett Lebda??? biggrin.gif Wow...just....wow. I mean, bad signing and all but is he even on the ice enough to affect that?

Was/Is Jeff Finger? Kyle Wellwood? Toronto needs their lower-tiered scapegoats as much as they need to bash their superstars.

but yes, Yes. It's true the numbers don't lie.

It's all Brett Lebda's fault. :lol:

Really, I just think it's hilarious that he was signed to such a ridiculous contract, that he has obviously not lived up to the level of play that his contract number might suggest -- could he have possibly??

Most of all, it's hilarious that the bashing of Brett Lebda has leapt from the boards of LGW to national media levels.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember Burke saying something about Lebda proving everyone wrong and becoming a top 3 D-man on the Leafs. Something about unshackling him from Detroit's system will unleash him on the league.

In Burke's defense... he drinks a lot...

Most of those guys were old and past their primes. Also, it seems like a million years ago when those guys were Leafs.

Point is, none of them were younger players that the Leafs developed and were able to keep. Kaberle is overrated, so I wouldn't exactly consider him a great accomplishment for the Leafs.

Hmm...

Sundin became a Leaf at 23. Potvin was drafted by the Leafs. So was Mironov. Kaberle too. And Modin. Kubina signed with the Leafs at 29, in his prime when he was one of the better defensemen in the league. Allison and Nolan both joined the Leafs at 30, Yushkevich at 24, and Sullivan at 21.

Of note; Mironov was traded to Pittsburgh for Larry Murphy.

Hmm...

Sundin became a Leaf at 23. Potvin was drafted by the Leafs. So was Mironov. Kaberle too. And Modin. Kubina signed with the Leafs at 29, in his prime when he was one of the better defensemen in the league. Allison and Nolan both joined the Leafs at 30, Yushkevich at 24, and Sullivan at 21.

Of note; Mironov was traded to Pittsburgh for Larry Murphy.

But the real question is: Does Mironov like hot dogs?