• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingskiddo

All-Star Game

Rate this topic

I apologize if there is a thread out there about this already, but I didn't see it.

I have had serious thoughts about going to the game but nose bleed seats start $300 a pop. I'm not sure if I want to drop that on seeing nothing but pens and ovi and a very few other random players market their egos and show off crazily. Granted, seeing ovi shoot would be AMAZING. I heard you can't even see the puck going to the net. But as it is, Nick is the only Wing going and honestly I hope he doesn't go somehow so he can rest.

Overall, I hate how everything was set up this year and not to mention the jersey situation is rather odd.

However, this probably be the only time this event comes to NC.

Thoughts?

I haven't watched the ASG in years.....probably close to a decade or more now. Much like the MLB ASG, it's not about the best players, it's about the players with the most name/face recognition, so deserving players don't get picked. Which makes it less an "All-Star Game" and more "Sweet Valley High Prom King Finals."

Edited by Electrophile

Site duped my reply for some reason... Since it's here, I guess I'll mention that I paid not too much over that for tickets to the Winter Classic in Wrigley. That was worth the money. An ASG wouldn't be in my opinion.

Edited by ogreslayer

Lids will develop a groin injury in the final moments of the 3rd period of the game against the debils and wont play in the all star game. DRW are already planning this attack

Edited by nate94gt

$300 for the Raleigh Comedy Festival? I think not. Save your money to party when we win the Cup. You can have a hell of a good party with that kind of money.

I would go to the skills competition, but wouldn't spend the money on the game itself... the actual games have become almost un-watchable in the last several years and are kinda a joke in my opinion

With that said, as was already touched on, if this is something YOU want to do, then do it, it's your money and your decision, so follow your gut...

$300 for the whole weekend would be tempting. $300 for a single game, and not good seats at that, is just not a good deal. For $300 you should get a meet and greet and wine and cheese and some little cracker things on a tray with weird leafy stuff coming out of some sort of dip.

Site duped my reply for some reason... Since it's here, I guess I'll mention that I paid not too much over that for tickets to the Winter Classic in Wrigley. That was worth the money. An ASG wouldn't be in my opinion.

I agree that cost for Winter Classic would be worth it, especially if it were the Wings here at home.

$300 for the whole weekend would be tempting. $300 for a single game, and not good seats at that, is just not a good deal. For $300 you should get a meet and greet and wine and cheese and some little cracker things on a tray with weird leafy stuff coming out of some sort of dip.

You can do that and some very good food for $200 at the Toast :)

I would say if you really want to see Ovie you could always get tickets when they come to play the Hurricanes, that would probably be cheaper.

Gross overpayment for a game of this stature. However, I did just drop $75 a ticket for the lady's v day gift (stupid holiday) to see Lewis Black at the Michigan Theatre, main floor seats, like row b or some s***. Meh, priorities go where they must I suppose. This should guarantee me getting a few more Wings games out of the deal and maybe some nude activity laugh.gif. Who knows.....

I know that everyone has soured on the All-Star weekend. I likely won't watch it this year either.

But I really think you should go. It's a once or twice in a lifetime opportunity to see some of the best players of this generation all together at once.

If it were me, it would only come down to the money. If you have the money to spare, I say do it. If money's tight, I certainly wouldn't stop paying bills to go watch it.