487 replies to this topic

#481 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

EXACTLY.

Same thing happened when McCrimmon went to Atlanta, I think it was. Their GA increased dramatically from the previous season.

Is there really no one else for the job? i dont understand why we have him after 3 bad defensive years

#482 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Is there really no one else for the job?

I have a feeling that there are A LOT of candidates with similar experience who are willing to prove themselves. If you're a coach, why wouldn't you want to be a part of the Red Wings coaching staff? And the same goes for other successful franchises in the NHL.

That in addition to the fact that he's been here as long as he has makes me think that he's really not the problem. Kenny has to think that he's doing a good job.

#483 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

If we (OK, I...)go with the theory that the third and fourth lines actually do play in another gear (and subsequently usually force the deefense to play up-speed), then perchance Babcock should play those two lines more - even starting the game with them, and letting them play more the first period. (Maybe he's already doing it and because of my frustration, I don't see it.) Yeah, I know - you take the chance of lack of experience making things even worse for us, but it sends two messages. Play harder and faster and more focused in the first period; and if you don't, you may sit longer than you might wish for. I swear, if this s*** keeps up, they're going to have to try something dramatic and drastic, especially in the first period.

Edited by Vladifan, 19 January 2011 - 12:26 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#484 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,915 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

Final score and recap now in OP.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#485 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Is there really no one else for the job? i dont understand why we have him after 3 bad defensive years

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#486 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

This team is suppose to have such great leadership but where is it when game after game half of the players don't start skating until about half way through the second period?

I would be TOTALLY PISSED if I had paid 2 hundred bucks for tickets and all I got was the s***ty wholesale turnover cluster f*** I listened to last night.

#487 SergeiIsMyHero

SergeiIsMyHero

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

This team is suppose to have such great leadership but where is it when game after game half of the players don't start skating until about half way through the second period?

I would be TOTALLY PISSED if I had paid 2 hundred bucks for tickets and all I got was the s***ty wholesale turnover cluster f*** I listened to last night.

I'm pissed I paid $80 for tickets to witness that

#488 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image