• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

well i think the whole signing with Detroit proves that he wants to play here...again i dont see us doing nabby and his agent a favor like that just to get him back into the nhl unless there was more to it. and i dont' see holland doing this knowing that 99% positive he would not make it through the waiver unless there is something in the rules that we are missing or not reading right.

Well didn't we let Sopel come to our training camp so other teams can get a look at him?

Well didn't we let Sopel come to our training camp so other teams can get a look at him?

Well knowing that Holland poked his head in to tell Ken and Mick that we just signed Nabby before the end of last nights game with the blues just seems like there is too much excitement within our team for it just to be a "here we go nabby and agent. we will help you get back into the league by wasting our time signing him knowing that 99% that he will be claimed by any team before us. ohhh and we are going to put in a NMC in the contract because that makes teams want you even more"

not sure if i believe that.

Guest scottj

I'm an optimist but I'm also a realist... Holland has a method to his madness so if we don't get Nabakov, I think we should benefit from this in SOME way

but man... Howard + Nabakov?

YES PLEASE

:unsure:

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm an optimist but I'm also a realist... Holland has a method to his madness so if we don't get Nabakov, I think we should benefit from this in SOME way

but man... Howard + Nabakov?

YES PLEASE

:unsure:

It's paperwork for a potential very big upside... how is that not a benefit?

Fixed. wink.gif

Actually, from my understanding, not fixed. It was right the first time around. The Wings placed him on waivers, so we would immediately fall to the back of the pack. Teams that currently have more points than us would still have a chance to claim him. So if New Jersey had been the one to sign him, it's not like he wouldn't go on waivers. He would have still been available to everyone.

Actually, from my understanding, not fixed. It was right the first time around. The Wings placed him on waivers, so we would immediately fall to the back of the pack. Teams that currently have more points than us would still have a chance to claim him. So if New Jersey had been the one to sign him, it's not like he wouldn't go on waivers. He would have still been available to everyone.

Nah, there are 27 other teams ahead of us. With NJ not taking him that still leaves the other 26. So yes. Fixed. Thanks.

If Meehan told the rest of the NHL that Nabby wants to be a starter ... what does that imply here in Detroit? I would have thought Jimmy is starter, Nabby is backup. Or will we go with tandem, like Hasek and Osgood?

How does it work exactly. Like each team gets an hour to decide? Lol. I am so confused and anxious.

Read earlier posts - every team that is interested submit intent to league and after receiving them all by noon tomorrow, NHL will then award him to the team who is the worst in the standings.

Nah, there are 27 other teams ahead of us. With NJ not taking him that still leaves the other 26. So yes. Fixed. Thanks.

But there are 30 teams in the NHL. So Philly and Vancouver don't get a chance to claim him? That doesn't make any sense to me. Like I said if NJ had signed him, then he wouldn't have ever gone on waivers?

If Meehan told the rest of the NHL that Nabby wants to be a starter ... what does that imply here in Detroit? I would have thought Jimmy is starter, Nabby is backup. Or will we go with tandem, like Hasek and Osgood?

No crap?!?! Thanks that was way easier then sifting through the hundreds of post. So we won't even know who isn't interested?! So exciting.

Read earlier posts - every team that is interested submit intent to league and after receiving them all by noon tomorrow, NHL will then award him to the team who is the worst in the standings.

Imagine if the Sharks put in their bid and gets him back for $500K/yr instead of 5 mill ??? Nittymaki was injured last night and they had to use a UBC emergency goalie.

That'd be nuts. Something tells me he wouldn't report.

But there are 30 teams in the NHL. So Philly and Vancouver don't get a chance to claim him? That doesn't make any sense to me. Like I said if NJ had signed him, then he wouldn't have ever gone on waivers?

laugh.gif Woops.... There has been so much info toss around these boards the last 2 days that I read somewhere that starting yesterday that 27 teams would now have a shot at him. LOL who even knows with all the armchair gm talk. My bad fellow Hank fan thumbup.gif