• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

If a team like New Jersey or even the Isles claims him, I would have to get the feeling that there's more going on here than meets the eye. Nabby wants a starting gig, according to Meehan's letter, was it? There's no way in hell he's getting that in Jersey with Brodeur. Even with Brodeur playing like garbage, Hedberg didn't get nearly the amount of starts he should have. And in New York...well, DiPietro's their starter for the next decade or whatever, so that's not happening either.

Holland's got some idea of what's going on though and that's why he's the GM and we're not.

EDIT: And just like that...

@Ledger_NJDevils: GM Lou Lamoriello says Devils will not put in a claim for goalie Evgeni Nabokov.
Edited by edicius

How can it not be a good move?

Ozzy is injured for a significant time (maybe whole year).

Nabokov > JMac or anyone else in GR.

Nabokov may rediscover his form from just a year ago and play like one of the best goalies in the league.

And won't have to play 70 games before a playoff run to do it....

last 3 years in the NHL he played 77 , 61 , 71 games...then tried to carry them to a Stanley Cup.

That is ALOT of hockey for a goalie. (as long as your name is not Brodeur)

EDIT: And just like that...

one down.....

New Jersey

Edmonton

NY Islanders

Ottawa

Toronto

Calgary

Buffalo

Florida

Columbus

Los Angeles

San Jose

Carolina

Atlanta

St. Louis

Minnesota

Anaheim

Chicago

Phoenix

Colorado

NY Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

Washington

Tampa Bay

Boston

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Detroit

Philadelphia

Vancouver

Make it easy this is the waiver order I believe for Nabby!

Make it easy this is the waiver order I believe for Nabby!

Even though Philly and Vancouver are unlikely to claim him, I believe they would have the option to before he comes here, since we're the ones trying to pass him through waivers.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Cause you can say no up until the 11th hour and then say yes and all is forgotten.

I can see little advantage to saying you won't claim him, then doing so. I also doubt Lou spoke without the team first making it's decision.

I wouldn't be too excited over teams like New Jersey passing on him if I were you guys

there's no realistic way he makes it all the way through so the more teams pass on him the better team he will end up on in the end

the best realistic outcome for this would be him ending up on an eastern conference bottom feeder(or Edmonton since the Wings only play them one more time this year and they won't make the playoffs)

Even though Philly and Vancouver are unlikely to claim him, I believe they would have the option to before he comes here, since we're the ones trying to pass him through waivers.

I may be wrong, but I think the waiver order is based on standings. So Philly and Vancouver would not get a chance to claim him since they are ahead of us in the standings.

lol I told myself yesterday I was done speculating on this but this post gives me hope again

post from Hfboards:

Originally Posted by danishh viewpost.gif yeah, just checked article 11 for clarity, but none.

'league outside NA' is only referenced in 13.23, and there it is worded "cannot play". Technically speaking, as KDB clarified, the spc is in effect, but nabby cannot play until after waivers.

NMC wording is ambiguous in the CBA. It says a player can block movement by 'waiver claim'. Literally speaking, the player can be placed on waivers involuntarily, but may reject the move once claimed.

this may actually be kenny's loophole.

I may be wrong, but I think the waiver order is based on standings. So Philly and Vancouver would not get a chance to claim him since they are ahead of us in the standings.

I believe it does go by order of standings. However, I believe given the circumstances Philly and Vancouver still get a chance.

I believe it does go by order of standings. However, I believe given the circumstances Philly and Vancouver still get a chance.

You are correct. Vancouver and Philly both have the option of claiming Nabokov off waivers and have higher priority than us, because we are the ones who put him on waivers.

Cause you can say no up until the 11th hour and then say yes and all is forgotten.

pretty much!

I don't know why I am so attached to this....WE WILL NOT GET HIM!

can't......................stay...........................away...........................must...........................check...........................in!

Guest CaliWingsNut

Maybe someone claims him at 11:59 AM tomorrow.

It doesn't matter if someone claims him now, or at 11:59am tomorrow. We won't hear until 1pm. The only thing we will hear until then is speculation and teams saying that they won't claim him.

This is because it's not a "who claims him first situation". Teams make a claim (anytime between now and noon tomorrow), then wait till 12noon tomorrow to hear from the NHL if they get him.

2.5 hours passed, no one has claimed him yet!

>mfw there are over 150 people viewing this thread

17.jpg

We won't know for sure until tomorrow noon. All the teams have 24 hours to submit their interest in Nabokov, then tomorrow at noon the league looks at what team is the lowest in the standings. For all we know 15 teams could have submitted their "claim" already.

So it's not like this certain time block is reserved for X team and X team has to claim him within that time block if they want him otherwise they've lost their chance to claim him?

2.5 hours passed, no one has claimed him yet!

I thought someone said that all interested teams submit interest and then league looks over all and awards him to the lowest team ... that means there's no use checking every hour. No decision until noon tomorrow.

pretty much!

I don't know why I am so attached to this....WE WILL NOT GET HIM!

can't......................stay...........................away...........................must...........................check...........................in!

glad im not the only person feeling this way.

perfect situation for tomorrow:

11:30 - Arrive at Nemo's and order my first crown and coke.

11:50 - Smoke 4 cigarettes and finish my 3rd crown/coke because im so nervous about the nabby deal

12pm - Find out Nabby is a wing and take at least one shot.

1:50pm - Ride on Nemo's shuttle almost over and when slamming 5th crown/coke I nearly puke.

2:30-4:10 - Blackout period

4:45 - Wings win 18 to -4, I walk out of the Joe singing "The good ole hockey game" song.

6pm - I lose my entire paycheck at MGM but dont care because wings won

7pm - Get a few dances from my favorite girl at Bazoukis, Pocahontas.

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Edited by Din758

lol I told myself yesterday I was done speculating on this but this post gives me hope again

post from Hfboards:

Originally Posted by danishh viewpost.gif yeah, just checked article 11 for clarity, but none.

'league outside NA' is only referenced in 13.23, and there it is worded "cannot play". Technically speaking, as KDB clarified, the spc is in effect, but nabby cannot play until after waivers.

NMC wording is ambiguous in the CBA. It says a player can block movement by 'waiver claim'. Literally speaking, the player can be placed on waivers involuntarily, but may reject the move once claimed.

this may actually be kenny's loophole.

So wait, let me see if I'm getting this right...theoretically, Nabby could just say "No thanks" to any team that claims him, right up until the end when Detroit is the last team standing...at which point he says, "Okay, I'm cool with this claim"? I mean, if this interpretation of the CBA is correct.

Rule 18.18b

A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.

>mfw

32.jpg

Edited by CanadaBoy

glad im not the only person feeling this way.

perfect situation for tomorrow:

11:30 - Arrive at Nemo's and order my first crown and coke.

11:50 - Smoke 4 cigarettes and finish my 3rd crown/coke because im so nervous about the nabby deal

12pm - Find out Nabby is a wing and take at least one shot.

1:50pm - Ride on Nemo's shuttle almost over and when slamming 5th crown/coke I nearly puke.

2:30-4:10 - Blackout period

4:45 - Wings win 18 to -4, I walk out of the Joe singing "The good ole hockey game" song.

6pm - I lose my entire paycheck at MGM but dont care because wings won

7pm - Get a few dances from my favorite girl at Bazoukis, Pocahontas.

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Meet me at Nemo's? ha