• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Wouldn't it be logical for the other NHL teams to look at this and realize that he doesn't want to play anywhere else but Hockeytown and realize that he won't play there and just let him come to Detroit!

I think this was exactly what Kenny was thinking about in the first place.

And if he doesn't report, then what?

Either Isles waive him which probably eventually leads to Wings getting him. Or they keep his 570k salary and get nothing but bad reputation among Meehan's other clients.

I mean if it were the Sharks or Blackhawks - just to prevent Detroit from getting him - it wouldn't been such a big deal. But cmon the ISLANDERS? : DDD

Garth Snow is a real player, I gotta tell ya.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Wouldn't it be logical for the other NHL teams to look at this and realize that he doesn't want to play anywhere else but Hockeytown and realize that he won't play there and just let him come to Detroit!

What a mess!

lmao, you would think that - right?

But it's always more than that. Watch another team snag him and then says he doesn't report. Then mean that he now he can't play in the NHL 'till next year to spite us. -__-

Edited by Christ0pherXx

If he doesn't report there's only 2 options:

1. Suspend him for the remainder of the season.

2. Put him back on waivers, with his permission of course.

If I was Snow, I'd just let him move on - no sense in playing hardball and scaring future FA's away.

Can't Nabokov just declare he won't report to any team but the Wings? Is that against the rules? At least he would clear waivers.

The Islanders look like a joke here.

Edited by TheOwl

Guest Four

As a longtime Sharks fan, I could not stand to see Nabby in a detroit jersey. This news makes my day.

Oh, and Nabby: Grow the fock up. You wanted out of Russia, here is your chance. You are acting like an eleventeen year old by not reporting

To be fair, NYI also looks like an "eleventeen" year old by claiming a goalie out of left field that they probably hadn't even had negotiations with.

As a longtime Sharks fan, I could not stand to see Nabby in a detroit jersey. This news makes my day.

Oh, and Nabby: Grow the fock up. You wanted out of Russia, here is your chance. You are acting like an eleventeen year old by not reporting

He wanted out of Russia because of his family issues. Big difference than Hudler wanting out of Russia because he had gone through all the prostitutes.

well it seems like he wants to be here with the wings... which is a nice sobering thought, but... dontcha wish it was today? Stupid Islanders... he would at least wanna be with some type of Play off Contender~!

I wonder why my post was deleted along with some others.

My bad: Some were deleted by accident (I thought I was in the GDT - don't ask!) and the forums won't let me restore them for some reason.

Mod functions are acting up very badly today and I'm the only one online. Please bear with me.