Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#521 MOG1TIM611

MOG1TIM611

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Lawson for the NYI suffered a Left Knee injury tonight and Depietro isnt with the team because of the flu... I bet the islanders put in

#522 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Lawson for the NYI suffered a Left Knee injury tonight and Depietro isnt with the team because of the flu... I bet the islanders put in

better them than the Sharks or Hawks.

#523 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

If Nabokov clears Waivers, and ends up in Detroit...

AND if he's allowed to even compete for the Starting role, let alone win it from Howard....

That's proof positive that Babcock is a liar with his "Howie is our Starter. We're going to ride him." schtick, and that his bias against Osgood was personal.

Just as some here have opined.

are you making a reference to last season, when howard's stats absolutely destroyed osgood's?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#524 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

No offense but Ozzie has been given an opportunity this year and played pretty decent and if he wasn't injured he'd probably still be playing. As far as Nabby bs Ozzie... Nabby has been the better goalie for most of the last 10 years accept one season,

Then why was it that, when Osgood went in for surgery, and the Wings re-called Joey MacDonald, that Babcock stated that "nothing would change", that they'd continue to "ride Howard" just as if Osgood hadn't been injured, and use Mac in the games that "Ozzie would've played", such as back-to-back games?

It's been clear since 2005 that Babs has a dislike for Osgood. Since Oz went down with injury LAST Season, he was given ZERO opportunity to regain the Starting role.

Babcock has stated, repeatedly that it's because "Howie is our guy. We're sticking with him."

If he allows a DIFFERENT goalie an opportunity to take the Starting job from Howard, where he wouldn't allow Osgood even the opportunity to even COMPETE for it....

Then how does that not make a liar of the man, and prove that it was ALWAYS about "Anyone BUT Osgood gets a shot! ANYONE, including Manny Freakin' Legace!"

#525 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

Then why was it that, when Osgood went in for surgery, and the Wings re-called Joey MacDonald, that Babcock stated that "nothing would change", that they'd continue to "ride Howard" just as if Osgood hadn't been injured, and use Mac in the games that "Ozzie would've played", such as back-to-back games?

It's been clear since 2005 that Babs has a dislike for Osgood. Since Oz went down with injury LAST Season, he was given ZERO opportunity to regain the Starting role.

Babcock has stated, repeatedly that it's because "Howie is our guy. We're sticking with him."

If he allows a DIFFERENT goalie an opportunity to take the Starting job from Howard, where he wouldn't allow Osgood even the opportunity to even COMPETE for it....

Then how does that not make a liar of the man, and prove that it was ALWAYS about "Anyone BUT Osgood gets a shot! ANYONE, including Manny Freakin' Legace!"

I feel as though you are stating your off base opinions as facts.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#526 Outsider

Outsider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

are you making a reference to last season, when howard's stats absolutelyf****** destroyed osgood's?

When Osgood went down with the injury last Season, HIS stats were "absolutelyf****** destroying Howard's". Then Howard got in there, got a hundred or so games in a row, and when Osgood came BACK from injury, he got ONE game...

And played well. Then he sat.

And then he got another game. And played well. Then he sat. And sat. And sat. For WEEKS.

After that, he played ONE game every MONTH or so. Coming in cold, right off an injury, and thrown into games against the Caps, and the 'Hawks, on the second night of back-to-back games...

And then he'd SIT. Again. For another 3 weeks or so.

Osgood was never given the opportunity to re-gain the Starting role. Never. He was banished to the bench for the entire second half of the Season.

And the Wings paid for it in the Play Offs.

You remember what you want to remember.

#527 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

When Osgood went down with the injury last Season, HIS stats were "absolutelyf****** destroying Howard's". Then Howard got in there, got a hundred or so games in a row, and when Osgood came BACK from injury, he got ONE game...

And played well. Then he sat.

And then he got another game. And played well. Then he sat. And sat. And sat. For WEEKS.

After that, he played ONE game every MONTH or so. Coming in cold, right off an injury, and thrown into games against the Caps, and the 'Hawks, on the second night of back-to-back games...

And then he'd SIT. Again. For another 3 weeks or so.

Osgood was never given the opportunity to re-gain the Starting role. Never. He was banished to the bench for the entire second half of the Season.

And the Wings paid for it in the Play Offs.

Give the conspiracy theories a rest for the night. Osgood was considerably worse than Howard last year and Jimmy almost played to a Calder then was just too gassed at the end. Nothing more or less. This isn't "Who shot JFK?"
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#528 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

"a liar of a man" LOL

he's a coach. if he thinks ozzie is playing like dogs***, he benches him. that's the way it works.

he's not here to make friends - not with ozzie, and not with delusional ozzie supporters.

LOL

#529 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Everyone here is over analyzing the situation. Nabokov will be a Red Wing or won't be in the NHL at all. Think about it...

Nabokov wants to play for the Wings; obviously. Unfortunately, he has the possibility of being snatched away on waivers. If Nabokov is claimed by another team then he can just say that he doesn't want to play for that team. He's not signing to play for any NHL team, he's signing to play with the RED WINGS. 250k is peanuts for a guy that just made 30 million over the last 5 years. For a guy making this much money, it wouldn't be worth moving across continents to play with a subpar team that has no chance of winning.

My gut says that Nabokov will be a RED WING. However, if he is claimed, I predict he rejects the offer and stays in Russia.

Thats not what his agent says;

"Asked if there is any way Nabokov could wind up in Detroit after another club claims him, his agent, Don Meehan, said on Friday, “Anything’s possible, but not likely.”

Meehan said Nabokov will play regardless of where he ends up, nixing speculation that he would sit out the season if he were claimed by a club for whom he did not want to play.

“He wants to get visibility for next year,” Meehan said."

From;

http://www.mlive.com...vgeni_nabo.html

#530 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Do you remember why Ozzie only got one game? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "We were trying to make the playoffs and Howard was playing Vezina caliber goaltending."
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#531 Outsider

Outsider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Do you remember why Ozzie only got one game? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "We were trying to make the playoffs and Howard was playing Vezina caliber goaltending."

Again, you remember what you want to remember.

If you want to "remember" Howard's play as "Vezina caliber", be my guest. Howard was fantastic in November/early December. After that? It was the same story he's lived by his entire career, (College and AHL): Inconsistent.

Just like this year.

Edited by Outsider, 21 January 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#532 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

So do we have a running tab on who has said no?
Posted Image

#533 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

My gut says he ends up here. Don't know why, but it does.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#534 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

If you want to "remember" Howard's play as "Vezina caliber", be my guest. Howard was fantastic in November/early December. After that? It was the same story he's lived by his entire career, (College and AHL): Inconsistent.

Just like this year.

You remember wrong. His best month wasn't November, it was the 60 day month called Decemuary where he had roughly a .938 save percentage and a GAA of roughly 2.08.

He then finished the month Febarchay with 4 regulation loses in 26 games.

So yah, I remember what I want to remember.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#535 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

If you want to "remember" Howard's play from as "Vezina caliber", be my guest. Howard was fantastic in November/early December. After that? It was the same story he's lived by his entire career, (College and AHL): Inconsistent.

Just like this year.

what would qualify as "consistent"?

December 09: 9/11 games above .900 sv%
January 2010: 10/13 games above .900 sv%
February: 5/6 games above .900 sv%
March: 12/15 games above .900 sv%

let's compare that to osgood who was UNDER .900 vs% 13 out of his 23 starts last season, and didn't post a .900 sv% game after 1/1/2010.

LOL

#536 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

So do we have a running tab on who has said no?

It really doesn't matter if they say no a 100 times, it only takes them once to say yes.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#537 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Any confirmations on San Jose's claim?

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#538 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

this might sound silly but some may agree with me... here it goes.. i dont know about san jose gettin nabby.. neimi looked great lastnight in vancouver and sharks would of not let kyle wellwood wear #20 they probably would of held that out just incase they want nabby back by wellwood is rockin #20 so i dont know and as wel all know that was nabbys number in san jose #20 so think about this hmm haha

#539 RedWingskiddo

RedWingskiddo

blue eyed red wing lady

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

seriously, where are you all looking for updates? i might just sit here for a while tonight. i couldnt imagine how many of you have sat here all day but kudos!
i see a claim at 11:59am tomorrow personally
HUDLER!
all-star game is in raleigh.. which means you will witness the most weekend canes fans EVER.

#540 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

this might sound silly but some may agree with me... here it goes.. i dont know about san jose gettin nabby.. neimi looked great lastnight in vancouver and sharks would of not let kyle wellwood wear #20 they probably would of held that out just incase they want nabby back by wellwood is rockin #20 so i dont know and as wel all know that was nabbys number in san jose #20 so think about this hmm haha

Number 20 has nothing to do with it but way to look for signs. I appreciate the positive outlook.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.