• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

seriously, if they DESPERATELY consider aquiring a third goalie, and nabokov doesnt fall through, who would be surprised if hasek get signed...

he is 18-17 with a 2.54 gaa with the Spartak Moscow

Edited by redwingcapt

i hope to see nabby in a wings jersey when i wake up later :thumbup:

Me too I woke up because I couldn't sleep anymore. This will be the first time I wish noon was here!!!! Especially on sleep in Saturday.

With Nabokov =. :)

Without Nabokov = >=(

Hasek ... he doesn't have to clear any waivers :lol:.

Ray Emery's name has been thrown around although I'm not sure if I would want him.

Hasek actually does have to clear waivers and he actually has better KHL numbers than Nabakov, had played more games, and makes 3million a year. He's not coming back.

And what was that exactly?

Call me out, eh?

Unfortunately, I have only drunken psychobabble to retort. Here is what I have gathered so far…

Well… so we made a bid for Nabakov , as you already know.

There seems to be discrepancies with interpretation of the contract.

There seems to be discrepancies with the count of teams that have a legitimate bid on this refugee.

There seems to be some talk about 18b or 11.18b that could benefit us (Red Wings) somehow. Something about something, and NJ is going to do us a favor.

There is the question of, how will this affect Jimmy as #1. Will he still be #1?

Will this change the gravitational pull in any way?

Will this possibly change what we know about physics?

My point being….. uh… I spent all day on this thread and I still don’t know s***. I want to see Nabby on this team, and if it doesn’t happen… then this is all one BIG, CRUEL, JOKE

my $0.02: Kenny has nothing up his sleeve. he has an opportunity to add a proven goalie for next to nothing to give Howard some rest before the playoffs start and thats all it is, and who knows maybe Nabby takes over as the #1 and is our guy for the playoffs. If he is claimed by another team(which i'am expecting) he will stay with that team for the rest of the season and there will be no weird or unusual deals that will get him to Detroit, Kenny saw what NJ went through with the whole Kovi thing and doesn't want anything like that to happen here(plus if bettman ACTUALLY does have it out for the wings, as a lot of us think he does, he would love to screw us out of draft picks and money). Nabokov will not be with Detroit next year, he will either re-sign with the team that claims him or take a good-great deal with a team that will have a shot to win a cup within the next few years.

Guest Crymson

seriously, if they DESPERATELY consider aquiring a third goalie, and nabokov doesnt fall through, who would be surprised if hasek get signed...

he is 18-17 with a 2.54 gaa with the Spartak Moscow

Hasek, too, would need to pass through waivers; he is in another league. Also, I don't see Hasek leaving his club high and dry to run to the NHL. It'd be unethical and a breach of his contract.

As I type this it's 1AM. I think we're safe for tonight. Let's see what happens in the morning. I still think it's cheap insurance, and nothing more. If he pulls this off, I'd say he's a sly dog who hedges his bets. We shall see.

15 teams could have put claims on him today and we wouldnt know. wont know til 12 noon tomorrow either way.

This is how it goes: Nabokov has a NMC so he can't be forced to join a team he doesn't want to when getting traded/waived/etc.

He'll end up either in Detroit or some other team he wants to. Maybe he chooses Sharks instead. :rolleyes:

Has there ever been a bigger name to get thrown on the waiver wire in nhl history before Nabokov?

Michael Leighton.

: D

Edited by vladdy16

I don't see why people are worrying about San Jose, Chicago, etc. There are a lot of lower teams that are more likely to put in claims.

But the Wings just can't catch a freaking break, I guess we should've expected multiple goalies to become injured the day we claim Nabokov.

Michael Leighton

: D

Thanks for that one, gave me a good chuckle :D. Now it's just time to wait. Hopefully Detroit management has been in contact with other teams to make sure this works out... would be a pain in the ass if he gets picked up by some random team after Detroit does the main part of the negotiating.

Just read this ... Sharks are very desperate for a backup ... wouldn't this be ironic?

TSN Article on Sharks Goalie Situation

Here's the thing. Nabby's agent has let it be known that he is not interested in being a backup. If I were a team claiming him with the intent to use him as a back-up I wouldn't do it. The last thing a team wants is an unhappy back-up goaltender. That narrows the number of teams SIGNIFICANTLY.

So who is left that is looking for a STARTING goalie? My guess is that Kenny told him that he would have the chance to compete for the top spot. Any other team that is really interested would have to offer him the same opportunity. The other thing is all most all teams already have 2 goalies so they would have to send one down to the minors (if they could without the waiver problem).

Let's consider the situation in Chicago as an example. Say they claim Nabby. Now what happens to Crawford? Turco isn't going anywhere. Somebody has to be the odd man out. San Jose might have a chance with Nitty injured but I can't believe that Nabby would be happy in San Jose after they cut him loose once.

IMO 3 things have to be right for a team to claim Nabby: 1) He must be given a chance to compete for the top job which means that the top guy is currently struggling 2) The team must have a way to dump one of their current goalies without losing him to waivers. 3) The team must have a chance to make the playoffs or it doesn't make sense to bring in Nabby for the end of a non-playoff season.

Detroit fits the bill with Ozzie out and Jimmy struggling. If Ozzie comes back 2-3 weeks before the season ends, they could carry 3 goalies for the short time period or he could be persuaded to not come back.

We will see........

Who else fits the bill?

Guest CaliWingsNut

Has there ever been a bigger name to get thrown on the waiver wire in nhl history before Nabokov?

Jeff Finger

OMG I can't believe I'm awake this early. I hate early saturday games.

Glad to wake up and see that he still hasn't been claimed. Hour and a half to go...

Anyone think that something dramatic is going to happen at the last minute, or will this Nabakov situation come to an anti-climatic conclusion with him donning the winged wheel at 12:01?

Glad to wake up and see that he still hasn't been claimed. Hour and a half to go...

Anyone think that something dramatic is going to happen at the last minute, or will this Nabakov situation come to an anti-climatic conclusion with him donning the winged wheel at 12:01?

i dont think we will find out til and hour after noon

I just realized that 12 Detroit time is 11 my time. Yay! I get the news an hour earlier than I thought!

I suppose there will be some sort of announcement made by the League as to who the lowest team is?

Now that I think about it, they will have to wait until noon to be sure that all of the bids are in, and then make sure that the winning team is cap-compliant before they announce it. Of course they could be doing this right now with the winner-apparent just in case no lower teams put in a bid.

I wonder if we'll be told at noon, or if there will be a bit of a wait.

I'm also wondering something else. Does anyone know where Nabokov is right now? When will he have to report to his new team?

Edited by 55fan