• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

my idea for a competitive all-star game...

over under 26 battle.

old guys vs. new guys

lots of EGO in that game.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#22 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Nick Lidstrom=Kenny Holland

Kopitar, what a great late round pick!

#23 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Cam Ward is hilarious.

Jeff Skinner is the Justin Bieber of the NHL.

I like Skinner. Too bad they're reference that puke Bieber.

#24 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Stupid Dish Network. Every channel is fine except for the Versus feed. Can't see anything and the audio is all choppy v

#25 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have an issue with Vs HD. Very choppy. Regular Vs looks fine.

Man, does Team Lids look awful out there, aside from the flash of brilliance from Dracula Kopitar.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

ButtMuffin with the goal
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 Wingers17

Wingers17

Rookie

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Way to go, Dustin!

#28 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

I have an issue with Vs HD. Very choppy. Regular Vs looks fine.

Man, does Team Lids look awful out there, aside from the flash of brilliance from Dracula Kopitar.

Thx! Hadn't thought to check SD feed

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Team Lidstrom playing like the Wings. Starting of slow then coming back strong.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Wingers17

Wingers17

Rookie

• Pip
  • 157 posts

All Star Games! :rolleyes: Could you imagine what it would be like if Hockey was played this way?

#31 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Ooooooooooooooooh Matty!!!! lol

#32 Wingers17

Wingers17

Rookie

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Sweet! Tie game...

#33 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Doc Emerick is the reason Ward keeps getting lit up. They'll be chatting, then all of a sudden, here comes Duchene in on a breakaway.

On the other hand, it's cool to hear from a player actually on the ice about how things are out there. Interesting perspective.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#34 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

on the CBC feed they have Eric Staal micd up :yowza:

#35 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Haven't heard much about lidstrom... probably a good thing. He must be coasting until he wears red again :P

#36 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

I think it'd be a really entertaining game if they'd just play a little more defense. Like use the body but not full checking, kind of like adult league hockey or roller hockey. There's still contact but no checking. I think once Team Lids went down 4-0, they started trying harder which in turn made it more of a hockey game than it started as.

#37 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

This band was ok 10 years ago. They'd be better now i they were wearing jerseys.

Hey it's the one song I know from them!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#38 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Is it just me or is this like watching a shootout with 5 skaters on the ice per team?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#39 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

I find it funny how the NHL uses s***ty bands and songs from a decade ago for this event. This and in those commercials that switchfoot crap.

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Is it just me or is this like watching a shootout with 5 skaters on the ice per team?

You must be new Posted Image

I find it funny how the NHL uses s***ty bands and songs from a decade ago for this event. This and in those commercials that switchfoot crap.

One of my buddies is a huge Christian rock fan, so I've gotten use to Switchfoot. They aren't that bad.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank