• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Lidstrom +7? That has to be a record for the all-star game. That's unreal.

Rafalaksi and 1st round draft choice for Weber! Get'er done Kenny.

#82 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Lidstrom +7? That has to be a record for the all-star game. That's unreal.

Rafalaksi and 1st round draft choice for Weber! Get'er done Kenny.

Don't forget to throw in either Filppula or Hudler. Ever true LGW trade involves one of those two.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#83 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

The game was more fun than I remember. I also dug how great the Lidstrom pair played.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#84 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I'm surprised that this thread only went 2 1/4 pages thus far. Were that many people not watching it this year?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#85 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm surprised that this thread only went 2 1/4 pages thus far. Were that many people not watching it this year?

I only like watching the skills competition.

#86 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

I watched the whole thing. I wasn't going to but I'm glad I did and actually enjoyed it.

#87 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

This game turned out to be very enjoyable. Cam Ward needs to always be mic'd.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#88 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hard to watch a hockey game with no defense on both sides.

Posted Image

#89 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Doesn't stop people watching East games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#90 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

Was Hockey not popular in the 80s?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#91 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

What if the Sedin Twins got into a fight? Who would win?

#92 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

The Honda NHL SuperSkills competition on Saturday night averaged 1,183,000 viewers on VERSUS, making it the most watched SuperSkills competition on cable since 2003 (1,127,000 viewers on ESPN). VERSUS saw significant gains in ratings and viewership over the 2009 SuperSkills competition. Average viewership increased 35 percent (1,183,000 vs. 875,000), while HH ratings jumped 43 percent (1.0 HH rating vs. 0.7 HH rating). The telecast also made VERSUS the No. 2-rated cable network in the country among Men 18-49 (for that time period).

puck daddy

Could possibly attribute it to the fine looking ladies on the page here Posted Image

Here are the top five local ratings for the NHL All-Star Game. The Team Lidstrom Effect!

Detroit - 3.8
Pittsburgh - 3.6
Chicago - 2.8
Raleigh - 2.5
Philly - 2.4
Boston - 2.3

Way to go Hockeytown

Edited by HankthaTank, 02 February 2011 - 08:56 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#93 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Not so much a fan of those ladies but Charissa Thompson is quite good eye candy for me.