• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I know this has probably been said earlier in the post but I'm in Statisics class and don't have time to read through them all.....but....is there any chance the Wings make a move (and i mean an NHL move not an AHL move) at the trade deadline?

Guest Shoreline

I just don't understand this. Why would any team want this guy?

In case they might be looking at highlights from roughly 10 years ago and mistake that Kovalev for the one we see today.

Maybe Pittsburgh expects that Kovalev re-lives his Penguin glory days. :/

Edited by Shoreline

via McKenzie:

ATL trades Brent Sopel and Nigel Dawes to MTL for Ben Maxwell and a 4th rder. Done deal.

Ben Maxwell was #Bulldogs leading scorer with 11G 29A for 40P. He was top PP producer with 7 PPP.

MTL fills their D need.

Dawes was playing with the Wolves - 25G 17A 42P. 4 years older than Maxwell.

Hmmm... Sopel is a 6th/7th DMan and Dawes is a 4th/5th liner. Maxwell has a lot of potential. I guess both teams got what they wanted, but I think Atlanta will get the best of this eventually and big time.

Extremely sorry about the belated update. I was home watching my daughter all day and didn't have much time to post. I'll be here the rest of the way until the deadline comes and goes.

LAST UPDATED (2-25-2011, 10:14 AM ET)

February 24, 2011

Carolina Acquires: (F) Cory Stillman

Florida Acquires: (F) Ryan Carter, 5th-Round Pick (2011)

MontrealAcquires: (D) Brent Sopel, (F) Nigel Dawes

Atlanta Acquires: (F) Ben Maxwell, 4th Round Pick

Pittsburgh Acquires: (F) Alexei Kovalev

Ottawa Acquires: Conditional 7th-Round Pick

Anaheim Acquires: (G) Dan Ellis

Tampa Bay Acquires: (G) Curtis McElhinney

Guest Scrosby87

Kovalev is a great addition to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kovalev will a lethal goal scorer for us. Crosby plays with Kunitz and Dupuis. Now --- Kunitz Crosby Kovalev. It's going to be scary seeing those 3 playing together.

When Kovy was a penguin he was a one man team (for the last 2-3 seasons he was with us). Everyone here is happy to have him back and we look forward to seeing the old Kovy.

Pens still have a shot at winning the cup --- As long as the Wizard of Cros comes back.

Kovalev WAS a great addition to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kovalev WAS a lethal goal scorer for us. Crosby plays with Kunitz and Dupuis. Now --- Kunitz Crosby Kovalev. It's going to be scary seeing those 3 playing together.

When Kovy was a penguin he was a one man team (for the last 2-3 seasons he was with us). Everyone here is happy to have him back and we look forward to seeing the old Kovy.

Pens still have a shot at winning the cup --- As long as the Wizard of Cros comes back.

I fixed up your post a bit. Yes, Kovalev WAS good when he was on the Penguins, but do you realize that was 8-9 years ago? He's steadily gotten worse since then and while I think he'll be better than he was in Ottawa, he's not going to be the "one man team" that he was in 2002. Its nice to be excited about a player at the deadline, but you should be more excited about Neal than Kovalev.

Kovalev is a great addition to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kovalev will a lethal goal scorer for us. Crosby plays with Kunitz and Dupuis. Now --- Kunitz Crosby Kovalev. It's going to be scary seeing those 3 playing together.

Yinz iz denial.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Getting Kovalev is alot like telling a deaf person to F off. It may sound good but really what's the point? He can't hear you. Kovalev may play for the Pens but he likely will not score much. He'll just be there with his huge nose floating around remembering the glory days with Mario and Jagr from 15 years ago.

Oh and that has to be the worst player nickname I have ever heard. The Wizard of Cros? Really? REALLY? :rolleyes:

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Jan Hrdina for a new skate sharpener.

Maybe Darius Kasparaitis?

I don't know if it's from playing NHL 2000 all those years ago, but all of those names - Hrdina, Morozov, Kovalev, Lang, Kasparaitis, Jagr, Straka - all sounded like names that would identify with a yellow, white, and black jersey.