• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

As much as I loved Pre-Cap Hockey, this is the future and good for the league, 20 + teams competing for playoff spots.

Defensemen are going to be at a premium for a few years to come as Defense will set teams apart/

Parity rules in today's sports world.

Why trade Kennedy and a pick for a guy like McCabe, when the Rangers already have Redden under contract; plus they traded Rosival not long ago.

Rosival > McCabe

Redden = McCabe

Rangers = stupid.

McCabe is a lot better than Redden defensively and offensively. Also hasn't Redden been in the AHL all season even though he still is under contract with NYR?

Ducks acquire Brian McGrattan for some unknown reason.

EDIT:

The Ducks have acquired forward Brian McGrattan and defenceman Sean Zimmerman in exchange they have sent forwards Stefan Chaput and David Laliberte to the Bruins.

Edited by MacK_Attack

I'd say Hemsky, Penner, and Phillips are some bigger names.

Phillips was re-signed by the Sens today.

The rumours are that the Oil are asking way too much for Hemsky/Penner to justify either being picked up as a deadline rental type player. Obviously we don't know whether that rumour is true... it's not like the Oilers have a history of being savvy dealers.

The rumours are that the Oil are asking way too much for Hemsky/Penner to justify either being picked up as a deadline rental type player. Obviously we don't know whether that rumour is true... it's not like the Oilers have a history of being savvy dealers.

Just came to edit my post.

BMac tweeted errbody but the children on the Oilers is available. I did read about the prices, but I'm going to imagine that one of them will be dealt tomorrow. My guess: Hemsky to LA. LA seems desperate for a top guy and are loaded with bait, even to overpay with. If your going to overpay, do it for a guy you get to have for a couple years.

Just came to edit my post.

BMac tweeted errbody but the children on the Oilers is available. I did read about the prices, but I'm going to imagine that one of them will be dealt tomorrow. My guess: Hemsky to LA. LA seems desperate for a top guy and are loaded with bait, even to overpay with. If your going to overpay, do it for a guy you get to have for a couple years.

Los Angeles would be silly to deal Wayne Simmonds. He's among the names being tossed around.

They both have another year on their respective contracts. So it would have to make sense for the team that trades for them to want them for next year as well.

So is it just me or isn't Boyes at least worth more than a 2nd rounder? Even marginally, like the 2nd and some underachieving 24 year old prospect? Boyes, with Ennis as his center, may really get back to putting some goals on the board.

So is it just me or isn't Boyes at least worth more than a 2nd rounder? Even marginally, like the 2nd and some underachieving 24 year old prospect? Boyes, with Ennis as his center, may really get back to putting some goals on the board.

That was my first thought as well. I'm guessing his contract (4 million dollars a season) and declining goal production factored in. Still, he has 41pts in 62 games this year and isn't too old.

That was my first thought as well. I'm guessing his contract (4 million dollars a season) and declining goal production factored in. Still, he has 41pts in 62 games this year and isn't too old.

Slugs got a steal. Good for them. Gained a good player instead of losing one. They should be happy.