• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 28th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Tough time to be a Sens fan. Hard to imagine that they won't be the worst team in the league next year.

On the other hand, the organization can afford to do it; it's not like they're going to lose many fans.

That's a pretty sweet return for Penner, more than I was expecting. LA had a need but Lombardi just got played.

Doesn't really seem bad at all. The prospect is a middle to bottom pairing in the AHL and he gets a late first rounder then a second/third. Fisher commanded a 1st and a 3rd and arguably Penner is more valuable then Fisher.

Kings have plenty of prospects, and this team seriously improves their top line. Plus he's not a rental because he has another year to go.

Guest Crymson

Apparently Penner's wife lives in L.A. Good for him.

Could Vokoun not be moved?

Who really needs him?

Agreed. Since this is probably a trend thanks to the Cap, I think we better stop getting excited over the trade deadlines.

Not only that, I think GM's are making a stand. They're no longer going to be making overpriced trade after overpriced trade. This could set things up for a more active Deadline day next year since all GM's may now realize they don't have teams by their balls (unless they happen to be the LA Kings :lol: ).

Did anyone just see the Penner press conference? He's huge... maybe it was the coat he was wearing but he looked really big. I knew he was tall but most NHL players don't look so big off the ice. The amount of cardio they do really slimms you down.

Arnott to Washington confirmed
Fredrik Modin has been traded to Calgary Flames
#Canucks have acquired winger Chris Higgins from the #Panthers for D-man Evan Oberg and third-round pick.
#Canucks land fourth-line centre Maxim Lapierre from #Ducks for Joel Perrault and third-round pick. Right-hand shot has 72 PIM.

TSN reports NYR trades F-Greg Moore and F-Michael Chaput for the CBJ F-Tom Sestito.

Atlanta deals goalie Drew MacIntyre to Montreal for d-man Brett Festerling
Edited by Tim.D