• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/26 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sabres 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

How did Modano look?

I say pretty good...had a good back hand shot on goal very early in the game.

He had a good rush and shot on goal late in the game. Couple of good face-off wins...couple of bad losses, timing looked off.

I take back the face-off good comment...he went 1 for 8.

Edited by 26point2

Too many people on an internet thread thought alike on this one... Therefore, by internet law, the idea cannot be a good one. Ruthers Law.

Dumb ideas were plentiful before the internet came around.

what's all this talk about trading hudler? the guy has tons of skill and when he's finally playing up to his potential you wanna trade him?

Because this team is so good defensively that we need to unload some offensive talent before the playoffs come. If I remember correctly having a strong PP isn't as important in the playoffs.

what's all this talk about trading hudler? the guy has tons of skill and when he's finally playing up to his potential you wanna trade him?

My comment was tongue in cheek but Huds for Bogo and a 2nd rounder would be almost a no brainer. He is loving playing with Datsyuk. In some ways it reminds me of how Ysebaert clicked well on Yzerman's wing in the early 90's. Will ZDH2.0 be Z, Pavs, Hudler?

best away record in the league

That is a great thing but the home record isn't the greatest which, if the trend continues may end up negating the away dominance come playoff time, but I do think the boys are in a bit of a coast mode and they will amp it up for the stretch drive.

My comment was tongue in cheek but Huds for Bogo and a 2nd rounder would be almost a no brainer. He is loving playing with Datsyuk. In some ways it reminds me of how Ysebaert clicked well on Yzerman's wing in the early 90's. Will ZDH2.0 be Z, Pavs, Hudler?

Ysebaert worked very well with Stevie, and was one of the best wingers in the league in the early 90s even when he wasn't on Stevie's wing. But he barely got a flash of stardom and it was gone.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Hudler results simply in one thing. No Puck For You!

Because this team is so good defensively that we need to unload some offensive talent before the playoffs come. If I remember correctly having a strong PP isn't as important in the playoffs.

i know our defensive game has been mediocre all season but i don't think it's because we have defensively mediocre players. to me it feels like problems in the d-zone are usually caused by bad passes from d-men to our forwards in the neutral zone creating odd-man rushes. that and horrible rebounds at inopportune times. also, we all know scorers can go cold at any time. that's why it's good to have depth up front. i'm fine with our forwards, both offensively and defensively.

who is he gonna replace in the lineup though? salei? ericsson?

i'd rather keep hudler anyways. i'd like to see rafalski go but i don't think that's happening. i think what everyone's been saying about detroit not trading at the deadline will probably end up being true. but at the same time, this team is top 5 in the league so a trade may not be necessary.

Was @ the Penalty Box for the game...nice to see a comeback win...good game to watch from the bar. I thought we were all right overall...only faceoffs reeked (Modano gets a pass, he's rusty).

LGW!

Just got back from the game:

Few thoughts.

#1 J-Mac played better than I could have dreamed of

#2 Hudler is really starting to come around

#3 Datsyuk is by far one of the top 3 players in the NHL

#4 Salei is terrible

#5 Jon Ericsson has earned the crown of Shin-Guard Assassin from Sammy's departure.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Hudler results simply in one thing. No Puck For You!

That sounds like it's begging for a Photoshop. Great point about Ysebaert. I think it would be neat if Stevie brought him to TB for a second stint but as a scout.

i know our defensive game has been mediocre all season but i don't think it's because we have defensively mediocre players. to me it feels like problems in the d-zone are usually caused by bad passes from d-men to our forwards in the neutral zone creating odd-man rushes. that and horrible rebounds at inopportune times. also, we all know scorers can go cold at any time. that's why it's good to have depth up front. i'm fine with our forwards, both offensively and defensively.

I agree dude. I was being sarcastic about the foolish idea of trading one of our top 6 before the playoffs.

Just got back from the game:

Few thoughts.

#1 J-Mac played better than I could have dreamed of

#2 Hudler is really starting to come around

#3 Datsyuk is by far one of the top 3 players in the NHL

#4 Salei is terrible

#5 Jon Ericsson has earned the crown of Shin-Guard Assassin from Sammy's departure.

Agreed, I'd rather Kindl permanently have his spot.

I agree dude. I was being sarcastic about the foolish idea of trading one of our top 6 before the playoffs.

:lol: ok, my bad. for some reason i read it as "we're awful on D and we should trade a good forward for a d-man." i'll shut up now.

Other than the fact that he couldn't win a faceoff to save his soul, he could have done a whole lot worse. But it's understandable, and he's forgiven.

Huddie must have thought "monkey see, monkey do" was a good theory for the shootout. And is it me, or did it look like Joey Mac came out and challenged the shooters a bit? Whatever, it worked.

With out going back through all this how did Modano look tonight?

He was pretty much the only guy who had a jump in his step out of the gate (actually Val did too). Modano looked pumped to be back out there. He just needs to get back in sync with his linemates.

He was pretty much the only guy who had a jump in his step out of the gate (actually Val did too). Modano looked pumped to be back out there. He just needs to get back in sync with his linemates.

Give him a few game and he will get back in sync. Although, his faceoff win percentage could of been better (same goes for the entire team).