Chris Osgood (groin) out,

----
Posted Image COYOTES
Martin Hanzal (undisclosed) questionable, Ed Jovanovski (face) out,
David Schlemko (concussion) out

On Deck
Posted Image
3/9, Kings at Red Wings; 7:30 EST

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 05 August 2011 - 11:52 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Need. A. Win.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Indeed

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Keep it rollin' Jimmy. Going to need another strong start from ya and for them players in front of you to give enough of a damn to play hard. I will be trashed the majority of this one because it is Saturday night and that is a rule or something....

If you can do it 5 times in 1 game Mule maybe you can figure out how to get maybe just 1 here. Our enforcer needs to become relevant again. Hope Raf is back for this one.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

I never say this regarding the wings, but I believe tomorrow is a MUST WIN. Phoenix has lost 5 in a row and are playing terrible right now. Another point they have given up 10 PPGs on their last 22 chances, which is astronomically bad... So Let's Go Boys and Let's Go PP!

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Nice GDT, HT.. as always, quality stuff -- and so prompt! ;) That pic of the arena just weirds me out. Palm trees and pucks do not mix.

Win it, Wings. Enough already of the single goal nonsense.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#7 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Keep it rollin' Jimmy. Going to need another strong start from ya and for them players in front of you to give enough of a damn to play hard. I will be trashed the majority of this one because it is Saturday night and that is a rule or something....

If you can do it 5 times in 1 game Mule maybe you can figure out how to get maybe just 1 here. Our enforcer needs to become relevant again. Hope Raf is back for this one.

He was hoping to be back against the Sharks, so here's hoping he's in against Phoenix.

#8 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Nice GDT, HT.. as always, quality stuff -- and so prompt! ;) That pic of the arena just weirds me out. Palm trees and pucks do not mix.

Win it, Wings. Enough already of the single goal nonsense.

Seriously! I was like, is that...sand...in their parking lot? I mean, I'm used to the desert, but that's weird even to me. (I don't even see the palm trees anymore, though; they're invisible to me.)

Okay, let's end this road trip on a high note. The last two games were just some weird shizz, so let's just get out of the Twilight Zone and get a win.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Seriously! I was like, is that...sand...in their parking lot? I mean, I'm used to the desert, but that's weird even to me. (I don't even see the palm trees anymore, though; they're invisible to me.)

Okay, let's end this road trip on a high note. The last two games were just some weird shizz, so let's just get out of the Twilight Zone and get a win.

It's right next to a shopping complex which, alongside University of Phoenix Stadium, is in the middle of nowhere.

Posted Image

#10 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

It's right next to a shopping complex which, alongside University of Phoenix Stadium, is in the middle of nowhere.

Middle of nowhere, yet still has more to do in and around it than the Joe does. Just epic sadness here.

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Middle of nowhere, yet still has more to do in and around it than the Joe does. Just epic sadness here.

But it always boils down to - would you rather have a new, modern arena with no atmosphere and an average hockey team with no fan support or an older arena filled with a winning history and atmosphere in a city nicknamed "Hockeytown"?

#12 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

But it always boils down to - would you rather have a new, modern arena with no atmosphere and an average hockey team with no fan support or an older arena filled with a winning history and atmosphere in a city nicknamed "Hockeytown"?

No I know but professional sports is a copycat type scenario in some aspects. I hear such great things about the surrounding Jobing.Com Posted Image area there. I already know when the Wings do get a new arena it will have all the bells and whistles and give or take a few more. I will take our history, atmosphere, and the moniker any day. Posted Image

#13 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

I hope Jimmy takes his anger and frustration about what happened in Anahiem out against the yotes and we JUST WIN! Btw anyone else a little nervous about Raffi's back maybe being worse then what we're hearing?
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#14 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

I hope Jimmy takes his anger and frustration about what happened in Anahiem out against the yotes and we JUST WIN! Btw anyone else a little nervous about Raffi's back maybe being worse then what we're hearing?

Regarding Rafi, I doubt it... Back spasms aren't something you should take lightly, I fully expect #28 to be back in the lineup when the Wings return home and play on Wednesday against LA.

#15 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hoping for a good effort and a convincing W tonight.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

It's weird to think we haven't played them since November... Seems like every road trip we have we play them.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

This. Jimmy looked great his last game.

#18 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

That's the view I remember. Last time Wings were there I was there and we won the game. My friend I was with is going again tomorrow night so hopefully it will be another win.

Go Wings!!! I don't care what the score is as long as we have at least 1 more goal than the Coyotes.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

That's the view I remember. Last time Wings were there I was there and we won the game. My friend I was with is going again tomorrow night so hopefully it will be another win.

Go Wings!!! I don't care what the score is as long as we have at least 1 more goal than the Coyotes.

Hopefully they were good luck!

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

We need more octopi thrown on the road. We won the games with them and lost the proceeding ones where there were none....
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".