• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/21 GDT: Penguins 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

Great comeback by the Wings... to think they would have won this game if it wasn't for Howard. IDC if they were not playing well enough the first two periods, they did not play bad enough to be down 4-0 that was ALL on Howard. I am very happy with the point. Modano had a GREAT game... he was a force every single shift and showed how useful he will be for us in the playoffs. I was thinking I would like to see Modano paired with Pavs because I think Modano still has a lot of potential and could really stand out on a line with Pavs. Modano- Pavs- Hudler would be a solid line I think.

Anyways, I am going to the game on Wednesday and Howard better NOT BE PLAYING. Ideally Ozzie will be able to play, but if not than play Macdonald. I do not want to see Howard in net after his terrible performance tonight. Also, I expect that Pavs , Franzen and Hudler will be back in the line up/

Great comeback by the Wings... to think they would have won this game if it wasn't for Howard. IDC if they were not playing well enough the first two periods, they did not play bad enough to be down 4-0 that was ALL on Howard. I am very happy with the point. Modano had a GREAT game... he was a force every single shift and showed how useful he will be for us in the playoffs. I was thinking I would like to see Modano paired with Pavs because I think Modano still has a lot of potential and could really stand out on a line with Pavs. Modano- Pavs- Hudler would be a solid line I think.

Anyways, I am going to the game on Wednesday and Howard better NOT BE PLAYING. Ideally Ozzie will be able to play, but if not than play Macdonald. I do not want to see Howard in net after his terrible performance tonight. Also, I expect that Pavs , Franzen and Hudler will be back in the line up/

Can't say I blame him for all four goals,but that first one got the ball rolling for s***sburgh.

We could have had 7 unanswered in the third if we could only lift the puck.

No shootouts in the playoffs,but it still sucks that they beat us in our building.

We really only played one period and could have walked away with a win.

Can't say I blame him for all four goals,but that first one got the ball rolling for s***sburgh.

Maybe not all 4, but definitely more than one.

I don't know... I feel like sometimes he thinks hes Hasek or something, and gets way out of position and starts flopping around all over the ice, which usually doesn't work out too well for him.

I refute on my suggested lines I just re-thought them and I think Babs should stack the lines:

Zetterbert- Datsyuk- Modano

Bert- Filpulla- Franzen

Cleary- Helm- Hudler

Homer- Draper- Eaves

IMO I think that top line would work magic in the playoffs; Pavs and Hank would dominate and that would get the most out of Modano, who I think will be a big part of our Cup chances. That is a solid 2nd line as Fil and Mule are always good with one another, solid 3rd line that can provide offense and be responsible in our own end, and a solid 4th line. Those lines would work well for the Wings.

Also to the poster above, no I think Ozzie should start Wednesday and if he looks good, start him again Saturday because if he can get going, Babs would be wrong to not start him in the playoffs because Howard is not the answer for this team.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Also to the poster above, no I think Ozzie should start Wednesday and if he looks good, start him again Saturday because if he can get going, Babs would be wrong to not start him in the playoffs because Howard is not the answer for this team.

How do you expect him to look after this long of a lay off? I'm glad you're not the coach. Howard had a bad game after playing two stellar games. Put your lynching rope away.

No there is a bad game and then there is that. There are the 4 lousy goals, the two posts they hit AND the goal they scored should not have been waived off imo as I would have been ticked off if that was the Wings. Also take into account the two WIDE open nets where s***sburg missed the net that Howard was COMPLETELY down and out for. So basically, they could have had 8 or 9 gimme goals against Howard that is how bad he was. So no I do not expect Ozzie to be great in his first game back, but anything is better than Howard. It is time Wings fans come to realize that Howard will only fail the Wings in the playoffs... he lets in WAY too many bad goals and more and more people are beginning to realize this... it is time for Ozzie to be given a chance.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

No there is a bad game and then there is that. There are the 4 lousy goals, the two posts they hit AND the goal they scored should not have been waived off imo as I would have been ticked off if that was the Wings. Also take into account the two WIDE open nets where s***sburg missed the net that Howard was COMPLETELY down and out for. So basically, they could have had 8 or 9 gimme goals against Howard that is how bad he was. So no I do not expect Ozzie to be great in his first game back, but anything is better than Howard. It is time Wings fans come to realize that Howard will only fail the Wings in the playoffs... he lets in WAY too many bad goals and more and more people are beginning to realize this... it is time for Ozzie to be given a chance.

This is just ridiculous. Could you be more of an Ozzie slap?

Just keep ignoring the two amazing games that Howard played before this game and continue to point out all of the missed chances that the Pens had. I could point out the same number of missed chances for the Wings.

And learn to use the reply button.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

This has probably already been said but, just glad there are no shootouts in the playoffs and we are not in a predicament like last year where we were struggling for a spot in the playoffs and these shootouts counted much more.

Jimmy looked terrible. Everyone did. Can't always put the blame completely on the goalie. There's a reason why a goalie change is usually a physchological move by the coach to get his team goin, not necessarily because the goalie is doing so poorly (wouldn't you have wanted Jimmy in the shootout? I did.) I wish they could have brought the playoff-like intensity for the whole 60, but if this is what was needed for them to realize that the playoffs are coming very soon, so be it.

Big game on Wednesday versus the Nucks.

Edited by Ram

Am I the only one not thinking Osgood right now? I have been saying it throughout the thread, give MacDonald the start against the Canucks. He had a shutout and then came in and kept Pittsburgh off the board in the third period and overtime(sure only ten shots) but you should get my point.

Give MacDonald another start or two, never know he could just become a brick wall and heat up before the playoffs.

Edited by MGreenberg

Guest Howard He Do It?!

howard sure was awful tonight BUT, he should definitely start on wednesday.

It really is the best move. Howard had two fantastic games before this abysmal performance. Don't give him any time to think about it. Get him right back in between the pipes against the league's best.

It really is the best move. Howard had two fantastic games before this abysmal performance. Don't give him any time to think about it. Get him right back in between the pipes against the league's best.

that's what i was thinking. usually goalies come up with big games right after horrible ones. also, doesn't it almost always seem like the opposite of what you'd expect to happen, happens?

Just got back from the game. OMFG the Joe was just nuts in the 3rd. By far the best Wings game I've been to despite the SO loss. Way too many Pens fans there but I guess that made being at the game a lot of fun. As others have said, very happy to get a point out of this game.

Edited by Vladiator

Just got back from the game. OMFG the Joe was just nuts in the 3rd. By far the best Wings game I've been to despite the SO loss. Way too many Pens fans there but I guess that made being at the game a lot of fun. As others have said, very happy to get a point out of this game.

I was at the game too. I couldn't believe the amount of Pens fans there, all wearing Crosby jerseys. It was so quiet and boring for the first 2 periods, then the 3rd was insane. Great game overall to attend. Wings got screwed in the shootout. Great save by MacDonald on Kovalev, that was a pretty nice dangle.

anyone else think the comeback was due to penguins gassing out from back to back games?

A team can't play two games in a row without getting tired? I think the Pens let up for a bit, but I'd be hesitant to call it getting gassed out. I don't think they'd use that excuse.

They lost their focus when Holmstrom started getting under their skin.

Wow.. what a game! really nice comeback regardless of our loss.

Three things that stand out to me the most :D :

--Please please howie get back up! It seemed like he didn't show much emotion compared to how he usually is, which made it worse. I'm still [one of the very few] rooting for him. Every goalie has these years.. i just would like to see him step it up come next month!

--Extremely happy for MO! long overdue!!! But what better team than to score on pitt?

--& lastly, I have the biggest crush on Helm. :tounge:

Edited by LadyInRed

The Joe's reaction to Modano's tying goal was one of the loudest I've ever heard come out of the venue!

listened to the game at work...just got home and have paging through the GDT. it's only natural, of course, but it's so funny to me to read posts from different times in the game. knowing that the wings would eventually come back to tie the game, it's funny reading posts from people who were willing to murder every member of the red wings organization when we were down 4-0 only to revel in the joy later on. i can't say that i don't feel the same way, but it's just interesting to take a step back afterward and see how fickle we all are. :)

anyway, glad to get the point, and, IMO more importantly, for the guys to prove to themselves that they can come back no matter what. yeah, we suck at shootouts (esp. with our third-string goalie in there, though joey has been playing well as of late), but you get the feeling that in a playoff game, with eternal five-on-five overtime, the wings end up winning it. like we've said before, hopefully the wings can build on the momentum of this game.

even if it's a loss in the standings, it's still, somehow, a win emotionally.

wish i could have been at the joe for mo's 4rd period goal. moments like that are why i like sports (magglio's walk-off homer to send the tigers to the series, usa's late goal vs. algeria come to mind. pure ecstasy.)