• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Didn't have to cut staff. Comcast had NBC Sports take over Versus. NBC Sports made the changes.

Gotcha. Thx for correcting my guess.

#22 Zetterberg_40

Zetterberg_40

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

He also did the Flyers/Rangers game for Hockey Day in America; when the Wings were at the Wild and we had Pat Foley (as previously noted)

#23 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

im happy for him, but im not gonna lie, it is kind of pissing me off, because i feel like if your employed by the red wings, why go do another game?

who cares what he does on his days off???

i think its great for him and will only make him a better announcer overall. there's really no downside to this assuming it never interferes with wings games.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#24 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

Finally versus gets a guy who deserves the spot. They let the Hurricanes, the Lightning, the Bruins announcers call games. Now they have a well rounded guy who is more than deserving of the job. Ken before the Red Wings worked for CBC kind of like the position that Elliot Friedman is in currently. I just hope he doesn't leave the Wings.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

I've a friend who is a Flyers fan, and he thought Daniels was fantastic.

I turned the game on a little late and was quite pleasantly surprised. Good for Ken, he deserves it.

I thought the exact same, and I had wondered for quite awhile why he hadn't gotten the opportunity yet.

So out of context!!! It's surreal.

It's interesting to hear him be enthused for plays by both teams. Whatever the case, he certainly couples boundless enthusiasm with a great deal of knowledge of the game.

The Hawks PBP guy did the Wings/Wild game earlier in the season.

Yeah, and hearing him say "SOOOOOOOOYVE!" dozens of times got very annoying.

#26 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

im happy for him, but im not gonna lie, it is kind of pissing me off, because i feel like if your employed by the red wings, why go do another game? but im impressed with how much he know about these teams. and mickey should definately be there too Posted Image

I thought Ken Daniels would be contracted to FSN Detroit and not to the Wings

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#27 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

He managed to work up some enthusiasm for Philly's comeback, but you'd never hear him make a call with this kind of bravado for another team. :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#28 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

everybody in the flyers GDT over at HF boards was calling him unprofessional, a jackass, and so forth. apparently he called a few of their players by the wrong name. :rolleyes:

go wings.

#29 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

He managed to work up some enthusiasm for Philly's comeback, but you'd never hear him make a call with this kind of bravado for another team. :P

Or this one, probably the favorite call by Ken Daniels for a lot of people here:

#30 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

Why would Ken have to leave FSN to do Versus occasionally? Eddie Olczyk still does Hawk games.

#31 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

everybody in the flyers GDT over at HF boards was calling him unprofessional, a jackass, and so forth. apparently he called a few of their players by the wrong name. :rolleyes:

Like this board never done something like that before

#32 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Haha this totally shocked me after I got home from work and chucked on the recorded game. Total shock!

Good for Kenny, he's a fantastic caller. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#33 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

I was the same as all here.... I flipped by VS and watched for a couple seconds..."Wha wha whaaaaaat?"

I was happy for him. as a talent he can sell it to anyone he wants as long as FSN does not require his services.. Good for Kenny...National exposure for a Michigan Broadcaster of the Year!

I wonder if he is in a contract year....leaving?:ph34r:

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 23 March 2011 - 09:21 AM.

#34 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Or this one, probably the favorite call by Ken Daniels for a lot of people here:

Every goal that game was epic with the "GAME...7!!!!" added at the end of each of them. I saw this about Kenny though and good to have him on the national broadcasts. I always wondered if they would use him for that. He has been great.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#35 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

I was wondering why the VS broadcast wasn't irritating me tonight :yowza:

Isn't that the Truth
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#36 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

It was weirding me out, I had the game on as background noise and kept thinking the Wings were on. :lol:

Good for Kenny though, he did a great job! :)

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#37 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

It was weirding me out, I had the game on as background noise and kept thinking the Wings were on. :lol:

Good for Kenny though, he did a great job! :)

Me too. I turned it on and walked in the other room and was like, huh? Ken, is that you?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#38 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hehe. His "pair" phrase...

#39 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

Like this board never done something like that before

oh, i certainly wasn't suggesting that. just making an observation. :)

go wings.

#40 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:13 AM

i noticed that too. i was at the gym and they had versus playing. at first i didnt believe it was him and they showed him again, i had to ask a few friends if he really was on. i was told he ha done a few games before
Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)