• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Predators 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Pick one to sit:

BigRig

Salei

Which one?

And, a big :rolleyes: to all of you commenting on other people comments like you're better fans than they are. You all need to post on a sociology forum and not a sports one. Try commenting on hockey and making all of this 'Hope' you guys have for the team become infectious to others instead of trying to s*** on them all the time.

It makes me sad I have but one +1 to give this post, because it deserves many more.

Really?

Tonight's game excepted, they have a goaltender that can be scary good and are a physical forechecking team. More often than not, that hard forechecking game rattles the Wings and they have problems scoring.

This is true, but Nashville has always had that kind of team and the Wings have always dispatched them in the playoffs. Not with ease, mind you, but I think that's a secondary benefit of playing Nashville; they're a rival who plays the Wings tough and Detroit would get up for the series and it could keep them from getting complacent.

I just think it's hard to judge Detroit by what we've seen in the regular season, because as they showed today versus the last game, they don't always come to play. When they do, they can abuse a forechecking team with their puck-possession game and they can handle the physical play if they put their minds to it.

One of the best games I have ever seen from Howard, save for the third goal. Abby is in playoff mode and Franzen showed hustle the first time all season.

Stay out of the box and we will be fine when we meet them in a couple weeks.

I agree with everything except I missed the Franzen hustle. I saw him floating a bit, and he let up on a few hits. He can definitely bring it harder than this.

Nah, to the sociology thing and trying to measure up to other fans. It's just the easiest route to take to say, "GEEZZZ!!! SHOOT! WE SUCK! WE LOST"

Then come back when we also come back with, "Meh, whatever, that was still crap."

Opinions are absolutely fine but to sound like smarmy, holier than thou hockey minds and fans makes it even worse. That's the point. We aren't having "I'm the best fan" debates here, we are just pointing out that so many people can pull chute a lot quicker than to hold onto hope.

Be tough, work together, dig deep, and never quit is why the Wings are the best team for 20 years!!! In any sport! The owners, management, and players know this expectation, and I love to be a fan. Being physical isn't the key to winning, but it is a big part of team synergy....Go Wings!!

This is true, but Nashville has always had that kind of team and the Wings have always dispatched them in the playoffs. Not with ease, mind you, but I think that's a secondary benefit of playing Nashville; they're a rival who plays the Wings tough and Detroit would get up for the series and it could keep them from getting complacent.

I just think it's hard to judge Detroit by what we've seen in the regular season, because as they showed today versus the last game, they don't always come to play. When they do, they can abuse a forechecking team with their puck-possession game and they can handle the physical play if they put their minds to it.

Agreed. You never know which REd Wings team is going to show up game to game. Sometimes even shift to shift.

It's not that I don't think they could beat the Preds, but I don't agree with Mick that they'd be the top choice, if only for having Pecker in net.

Greene scores for the Kings! They're up on Dallas 2-1.

Ericsson, no hesitation. He's turning into Lebda out there. Almost.

It must've been a while since you've seen Lebda play. Probably because he's been a healthy scratch 25+ times this season.

For the Leafs.

"Lebad" as some Leafs fans call him (why didn't we think of that here?) is a name that should never be spoken here, for fear it will somehow conjure him back onto the Wings.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

No joke. I wonder how efficient they are at it relative to other teams in the NHL. They seem to bungle easy clears routinely.

Stuart scares the pee out of me sometimes on his attempted clears. :ph34r:

Guest Crymson

It must've been a while since you've seen Lebda play. Probably because he's been a healthy scratch 25+ times this season.

For the Leafs.

"Lebad" as some Leafs fans call him (why didn't we think of that here?) is a name that should never be spoken here, for fear it will somehow conjure him back onto the Wings.

Lebda doesn't bring anything to the ice. Ericsson can, but often doesn't. That's one of the reasons I ride him so much: he has shown that he can be a solid defenseman.

I agree with everything except I missed the Franzen hustle. I saw him floating a bit, and he let up on a few hits. He can definitely bring it harder than this.

I've been pulling for franzen to get at least 30 for some time now. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Lebda doesn't bring anything to the ice. Ericsson can, but often doesn't. That's one of the reasons I ride him so much: he has shown that he can be a solid defenseman.

That I can agree with.

Honestly I just don't know if Ericsson has enough between the ears to be a middle pairing defenseman. I'd like him to be, but he seems to lose focus over the course of the game.

And in the past I know people had said he's supposedly fast, but he needs to take a power skating class or something. To me, most of his problems come from not moving his feet.

Either way, I know bashing him has become sport here, but the reality is that right now he's still better than Salei and Kindl.

I'm sitting here with Puckloo eating dinner after enjoying that game live and in person!

May I just say that watching Todd fight made my heart soar! :)

Amazing comeback!

Jimmy, we bow down before you. You played an amazing game!

Way to go, gals!!!! :thumbup: Glad they came back for ya!!!

Great cherry picking out of the thread from two hours ago! What an awesome talent. Take a screenshot and send it to your parents...they'll be proud.

Now...how many times this year have we come back from a 3 goal deficit and won, and how many have we lost. Bet the statistics are on my side.

I could go back and select at least 3-4 posts where you were just pretty much dumping. I didn't respond to to the first few but maybe I should have. And I'll clue you. I'm probably old enough to be your parent. We're both lucky I'm not.

And it is my usual habit to read the board after the game is over.