• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Damn Matt. These are awesome, like seriously, very impressive.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#22 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'm in. Just don't tell my wife - she doesn't think I need any more t-shirts (and she's right :P).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I asked Mindfly and he said "Onward to Victory" is "Mot Seger"
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

I asked Mindfly and he said "Onward to Victory" is "Mot Seger"

Hell lets get a Free Mindfly shirt in there while we're at it. :hehe:
  • Nev likes this
Posted Image

#25 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

Instead of Viva la Octolution, to properly follow the Spanish I would propose "Viva la octolución".

Exactly. Spanish -ción = English -tion.

I too love the octopus-in-hand with the slogan. Great work, Matt. If I can find a picture of Al looking up and to the side like in the Che portrait, I'll send it along.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#26 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

This + the "Don't Tread On Me" = Brilliant!
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#27 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Love 'em...especially the Viva la Octolution (or cion, whatever), and the fist with the octopus. I'd probably end up making a request for a women's shirt, but yeah, I'd buy one!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#28 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I love them. Id totally buy them. I want the Al one for sure!!!

#29 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

I've added the "Octolucion" version and also added this one (both are awaiting approval. When/if that comes I'll add them to the store:

Posted Image

#30 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Needs an anti-bettman reference. :cool:

I lack the mad photoshopz skillz, but how about Bettmans face on this?

Posted Image

I wanted a Rage Against The Machine image for Know Your Enemy, but I couldn't find anything suitable with a quick google images search.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#31 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

Mot Seger = to Victory
framåt till seger = forward to victory
vidare till seger = In addition to victory

Checked w/ a combination of google translate & freetranslation.com -- I don't speak Swedish.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 16 April 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#32 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

I lack the mad photoshopz skillz, but how about Bettmans face on this?

I wanted a Rage Against The Machine image for Know Your Enemy, but I couldn't find anything suitable with a quick google images search.

Posted Image

Edited by kook_10, 16 April 2011 - 04:41 PM.

works every time

#33 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Mot Seger = to Victory
framċt till seger = forward to victory
vidare till seger = In addition to victory

Checked w/ a combination of google translate & freetranslation.com -- I don't speak Swedish.

I personally asked Swedish people and "Onward to Victory" is "Mot Seger". The way Matt has it is the literal word for word spelling for "Onward to Victory" and is not how they say it in Sweden or Swedish. It's like we would translate "Солнце Желты" to "The yellow sun" instead of "Sun yellow".
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#34 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Asked my swedish friend and he said that "Mot seger" works but is not really something a swede would say. Probably best to go with another phrase or just the original spanish one.

#35 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

These are awesome. I might just have to get the viva la octolucion one.

#36 DYags

DYags

WingedGunnerlHybrid

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Matt,
Your t-shirt designs are great, I have two of them - but you need to print them on higher quality and better cut shirts. I never wear mine because they're so baggie all around.

#37 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

Matt,
Your t-shirt designs are great, I have two of them - but you need to print them on higher quality and better cut shirts. I never wear mine because they're so baggie all around.

I don't physically print them myself -- I use Spreadshirt, which is immensely popular and the same company that manufactures the t-shirts for SnorgTees (if memory serves correctly, and other shirt sites such as this). I own a few of the shirts I've designed myself as well and have been immensely happy with the print and the finish (it's light-years beyond the product that I received when I previously sold my designs on CafePress.com). They've done a fantastic job in completing orders quickly and efficiently to not only customers in the US and Canada but also fulfilling orders as far away as Australia, England, Estonia, and Denmark, among others.

Each product page comes with a sizing chart so you can purchase the right size for your body type and there are plenty of different clothing styles offered and available by request.

____

As an aside... it is always amazingly cool to see how popular the "Feed the Mule" shirts have been over the last three years. I remember going to Game 5 of the 2009 Cup Final and seeing no fewer than four of them just from where I was sitting in the stands!

#38 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Those are cool. I think I like the fist with white octopus design without the phrase. Would it be possible to put hockeytown on the back or a sleeve? Or is that copyright protected?
mccarty3

#39 Bar Down

Bar Down

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

Sorry I musta missed the thread with the "Don't Tread on Me" idea. What'd they look like? I'd definitely be interested in one.

#40 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

Sorry I musta missed the thread with the "Don't Tread on Me" idea. What'd they look like? I'd definitely be interested in one.

find out for urself http://www.letsgowin.../shop/index.php

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard