• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I don't see how Detroit played terrible. You guys are delirious. Howard was great, and the Wings played excellently for 2 of the 3 periods. The second period was crap but it was expected that San Jose would step it up. The teams are evenly matched, we're not going to see one of these teams run away with a game this series, I don't think, so we shouldn't expect it.

The only thing I'd like to see more of is heavier hitting. I did notice the puck was taking weird bounces all night, always jumping just past someone's stick.

6 to 2 the power play advantage for san jose. Mmm. yeah. 6 penalties to a team that was the least or second least penalized team in the league. MMMMmMmmm yeahhhhhhhhhh

Oh but the refs are human and make mistakes. MMMMMMM right. How long will people continue to actually believe that bulls***?

Wings definitely need to play better otherwise. They didn't have the puck enough, and didn't sustain much offensive pressure. They let Niemi off the hook. Most of the shots he faced were not threatening in the least.

But the question continues to be, why do the wings continue to be penalized one of the most in the league in the playoffs but the least in the regular season?

What kills me is that after that FREAKING SUPERB PK, we didn't even get the puck out of the zone in the 15-20 secs after we killed it. If we had, who knows what happens.

Devestated, but the Wings really, really need to figure out ways to beat the Sharks.

That's because that fool Abby joined the play after he left the box, and did nothing but get outmuscled for the puck, despite sitting on his ass for 4 minutes and resting.

Tough to win when you have to kill 5 penalties in a row. SJ got that game handed to them on a silver platter. They better thank the NHL officials for that win. The only way we'll see fair and consistent officiating is if they use robots. If they're letting stuff go early, it should be the same through out the game.

Overall I thought we played a great road game. All we have to do is win Game 2, which I think we can, and we're fine.

So it's the official's fault that Abby made a dumb play?

I don't feel like searching the previous threads/post so can someone explain to me why Eaves/Miller/Abdelkader are in the lineup and Mike Modano is not? Modano brings more to the team than any of those clowns.

Except he has played like garbage at the end of the regular season and very mediocre when he has played in these playoffs. After this game..he could replaced Abby for the remaining games of the playoffs after they perma bench Abby.

Wings played like a bunch of losers except Helm Howard and Datsyuk

and they got what they deserved a big L, i f%ck#n hate the sharks

Helm??

Howard, Datsyuk and Hudler were the only guys who showed up. And Lids and Stuart.

Time to change up the line combos and put Hank in between Cleary and Bertuzzi. Why the hell is Abby there anyway? He doesn't have enough skill and is a bonehead playing with another one in Bertuzzi.

Datsyuk needs to go back to playing with Franzen and Homer. Otherwise, we're only gonna have one good line the whole series.

And for the love of f**king Satan, please have different commentators calling our games from now on at Versus.

what you didn't like kermit the ******* frog beating off to the 4 min pen?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

You mean that Bertuzzi gave them the game with his stupid penalty! They get great goaltending and still can't win! They have a 1-0 lead and still can't win! This sound familiar e.g. regular season games when they lose 1-0 or 2-1! This series is over!

Ummm... no. Detroit is only down by one game, they will win the next.

you know considering how long a break Detroit has had, considering how badly they were outworked throw almost a full two periods... this is not the end of the world.. it's an OT loss. Get a grip already!

The board usually goes to DEFCON 2 after a loss, especially after a crap performance.

You guys are weird or just trolling. We got outworked the majority of the game and still made it to OT. Killed off a 4 minute penalty without giving them any chances and then lost on a fluke goal immediately after. It's one game and I don't think anyone thought we were going to sweep. All I hear is "wahh wahh it didn't go my way!" Not gonna win them all - I thought we would have figured that out by now.

We'll get them on Sunday. It sucks we lost on a bulls*** goal but if you think the Red Wings deserved to win this game, then you must be out of your damn mind. If you are bashing the Wings and saying this series is over, do everyone a favor and go kill yourself or at least get off of this board. This board is for fans...not you fair-weather s***heads who cry at the first sight of a weakness. Yeah we lost, so what?!?! Is it the first time the WIngs have lost in the playoffs...NO! Go put your head in your pillow and get the hell over it! Red Wings will rebound and will be better.

For everyone calling for Gator's head....go f*** yourself. He has played amazing all season! He has one bad penalty and a very in opportune moment. He works his ass off every night and hustles to every puck. Shut the f*** up and move on.

You fair-weather assholes make me so damn mad cause all you do is wait for weakness and then scream. I hope all of you look in the mirror in the morning and realize that you aren't a Wings fan. All you are is a person who wears the Jersey cause you think it's cool. SHUT. THE. f***. UP!

Red Wings FAN till I die!

Time to change up the line combos and put Hank in between Cleary and Bertuzzi. Why the hell is Abby there anyway? He doesn't have enough skill and is a bonehead playing with another one in Bertuzzi.

Datsyuk needs to go back to playing with Franzen and Homer. Otherwise, we're only gonna have one good line the whole series.

And for the love of f**king Satan, please have different commentators calling our games from now on at Versus.

Doesn't have the skill? His finesse has been much improved and he's one of the few really physical wings. I'm genuinely curious now, have you always not liked Abby? Not judging, just want to know if this is frustration from the OT or a genuine hatred for him all season

This is the best we could come up with after 10 days of getting ready for the next round. looked like we were skating on water out there. I realize this was a one goal loss but so was every game last year. So much for them being tired and us being fresh.

Detroit needs to find a way to get more shots to the net, plain and simple. The first line generated some chances, and they actually cycled pretty well in the first period, but that was about it. Niemi is ripe to get blown up ... just gotta get some shots and get to the net.

Too many men tripping this is bull s*** I'm going to bed f*** this I quit guys. I'm so ******* tired of watching this s***.

You bring up something even Drew Remenda said. That the Sharks should have been called for too many men. Didn't happen.

I love Z and Dats playing together but if they are going to be our best 2 forwards every night and only get 1 goal then we have to think about switching that line up.

Homer-Dats-Mule

Cleary-Flip-Z

Bert-Abby-Huddles

Helm- and whatever other 2 we want to dress.

Only line that was dominant, was the top line. They need to split D and Z up, we don't seem to have the depth with the current lines we're playing with, our 2nd and 3rd lines were totally outmatched.

Ummm did Heatley and Clowe do anything tonight? I'd hardly say our 2nd line was 'totally outmatched'. I didn't even notice Heatley once.