Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#501 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

So why the big difference between the two periods? Did the Sharks make adjustments and we failed to respond? Did they just bring more than we did?

They forechecked the hell out of us for most of the period, and we didn't respond.

At the end of the day, they're a bigger team than us, and can wear us down unless we push back. The puck movement out of the zone has to be quicker and so do the clearing attempts.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#502 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

WIngs need to stay physical like that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#503 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Omg, I just realized the game is also on FSND.... FML lol.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#504 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Detroit is a smarter team than San Jose, they even taught Bertuzzi how not to take penalties. Love how they pace themselves in a game they are being outworked in too.

#505 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

so did anyone pick up the announce showing the amount of stupidity he has stating Selke was an offensive player? no s*** numb nuts...thats the point.

I thought the same thing but I just bit my tongue...a.k.a grabbed another cold snack
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#506 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

I missed the hit dammit

#507 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Horrid first 15 of that period, if not for Howard who knows, Sharks outplayed the crap out of us. The last 5 minutes they finally seemed to be getting their legs hopefully it carries over to the 3rd. Datsyuk solo effort so close.

GO WINGS!

#508 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

That period was all about survival. And survive they did. No goals allowed = a good period in my book.

That's not to say we couldn't do better, though...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#509 Palooka Slapper

Palooka Slapper

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

I'm doing the same, it's about a minute, tv ahead. Therefore I just delayed with my DVR, love listening to announcers that know what they're talking about.

Hey bud, I'm with ya! Thanks for a fresh idea..... :) What the hell, I can be a minute behind. My wife says I'm lost anyway. Lol!
Don't concentrate on the finger..... Or you'll miss all of that heavenly glory!

#510 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

I am surprised Datsyuk didn't put one in that period, he is playing amazing.

#511 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

I think I speak for all of us when I say that the commentating has been very unbiased in this game.

Finally, we get some announcers who aren't homers.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#512 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

GDT Signature? :)

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#513 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Detroit was in their end most of the time because they didn't know what they were doing once they got the puck in the defensive zone.

It was like shooting fish in a barrel for the Sharks.

Posted Image

#514 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

They forechecked the hell out of us for most of the period, and we didn't respond.

At the end of the day, they're a bigger team than us, and can wear us down unless we push back. The puck movement out of the zone has to be quicker and so do the clearing attempts.

I've noticed that too, our break out has been lethargic. We are taking a VERY catious approach when leaving our zone. We don't need guys to cherry pick, but we need more speed out of our zone as you just said.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#515 jdwheelz

jdwheelz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Nope. :shout:

I think the only time I've seen a FSD feed broadcast nationally was on NHL Network near the beginning of the season. I want to listen to Ken & Mickey, though Ken and Paul is better than anything else I can get, even with the delay.

#516 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Have you been suffering through VS all this time? Poor you

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#517 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

GDT Signature? :)

If we were allowed more lines. I think I am already close o the maximum haha
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#518 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Gotta love the remark on the TSN broadcast:

"Niemi's like eating soup with a fork, can't pick up anything in net"

Let's get a few more past him in the 3rd

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#519 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Wow, Wings were down 9-6 in faceoffs at end of 1, and it seemed to continue that way into the 2nd. But we're leading that stat 19-17 now. :)

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#520 jdwheelz

jdwheelz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hey bud, I'm with ya! Thanks for a fresh idea..... :) What the hell, I can be a minute behind. My wife says I'm lost anyway. Lol!

You just have to be careful of how far you go in the thread. Since your a minute behind you can find out what's happening before it happens. :blink: