• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Have you ever seen.....

Rate this topic

This stat line says it all for this game.

11:20 Jonathan Ericsson: 2 Minutes for Hooking Joe Pavelski

6:33 Jiri Hudler: 2 Minutes for Tripping Joe Pavelski

9:57 Jimmy Howard: 2 Minutes for Roughing Joe Pavelski

9:41 Todd Bertuzzi: 2 Minutes for Boarding Joe Pavelski

The San Jose Sharks are a disgrace in all my years watching hockey i have never seen a team dive so much they look like soccer players when they fall. Very few times do I get really pissed off about losing where I start throwing objects but thats how I am right now. This is an absolute outrage. For those of you who think its sour grapes watch the game and tell me how easy the shark players seem to go down when touched. :ranting:

Guest Grayne Wetzky

What's even worse is that the REFEREES are on board with it. It's the biggest ******* joke in all of professional sports, if you ask me. I can't believe this s*** is tolerated.

1st penalty - not a penalty

2nd penalty - a penalty

3rd penalty - not a penalty

4th penalty - not a penalty

5th&6th penalty - not a penalty

The Sharks got 4 power plays tonight that they shoudn't have had. Meanwhile Detroit gets a couple early calls (which I think were weak, as well), and then the refs' whistles go silent for them.

FRANZEN blew it tonight, though. He needs to put that one home. That's the only thing that's keeping me from putting my fist through some drywall right now. The Wings didn't capitalize, despite having to play against 8 guys out there most of the night.

And Wallin biting his lip to draw blood for the double minor? TSN actually had him on camera very clearly doing it. I mean, come on Walkom, you're not that clueless, are you?

It's not that he's clueless. It's that he's IN ON IT. Bettman wants a different city to win the cup every year. You really think Carolina, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, etc. etc. etc. are all just winning the cup haphazardly and randomly as the years go by. Hockey is going through a sad stage right now, and the cup is going to settle in Vancouver/San Jose/ or Washington no matter how good any of the other teams are. The refs will see to it.

This stat line says it all for this game.

11:20 Jonathan Ericsson: 2 Minutes for Hooking Joe Pavelski

6:33 Jiri Hudler: 2 Minutes for Tripping Joe Pavelski

9:57 Jimmy Howard: 2 Minutes for Roughing Joe Pavelski

9:41 Todd Bertuzzi: 2 Minutes for Boarding Joe Pavelski

No, actually this stat line says it all for this game.

Shots: SJ 46; Det 25

Score: SJ 2; Det 1

They give up 46 shots to only 25 and you guys are bitchin about dives? 18 shots in the 2nd period alone? Sheeyaat.

Half way thru the 3rd my wife said "One goal isn't going to do it for this game. The Wings better pick it up". She was right.

Dive schmive, the Wings had no jump after the 1st period.

The NHL is an absolute Waterded Down Fu$%ing Joke! No wonder they can only get on Versus! This league is now officially a Joke! I guess there is a reason why I only follow the Wings now! I hardly ever watch any other games simply because of the garbage that this league has become! Why don't we just skip the damn regular season and playoffs and then have Buttman draw two teams out of a hat to play for the Cup! GARBAGE!! I would rather watch the KHL than this crap!

Guest Shoreline

The Sharks do dive but this is a product of bush league refereeing. The Sharks are just doing what any team would do and wanting to win by any means necessary, which is surely what the Wings would do, although they don't, and that's what may be the problem. How much longer are we going to sit here and give a pass to this system of reffing that blatantly full of s*** and helps make a mockery of the NHL as a representative of hockey? The excuse of "oh they're just human" has become old. It's unfortunate it takes a Wings loss by this means to rile up fellow Wing fans. I watch it happen in other games often and it pisses me off just seeing it when it isn't this team.

Edited by Shoreline

The San Jose Sharks are a disgrace in all my years watching hockey i have never seen a team dive so much they look like soccer players when they fall. Very few times do I get really pissed off about losing where I start throwing objects but thats how I am right now. This is an absolute outrage. For those of you who think its sour grapes watch the game and tell me how easy the shark players seem to go down when touched. :ranting:

I can agree with this statement, however the Avs were pretty good at it as well. But Ths Shards are becoming second fiddle to the Avs, maybe we should call the Shards the Jr. Dives!! :yowza:

They give up 46 shots to only 25 and you guys are bitchin about dives? 18 shots in the 2nd period alone? Sheeyaat.

Half way thru the 3rd my wife said "One goal isn't going to do it for this game. The Wings better pick it up". She was right.

While I agree with you that the wings didn't get enough offense going, I disagree with how you disregarded the dives. The dives have nothing to do with red wing offense. They do however, have something to do with putting the sharks on fake power plays and having increased chances at scoring goals, and oh they tied it on one of those bulls*** powerplays.

So, while I do agree the wings need to pick it up, the fans have every right to ***** about diving and bad calls. Sorry.

The Sharks do dive but this is a product of bush league refereeing. The Sharks are just doing what any team would do and wanting to win by any means necessary, which is surely what the Wings would do, although they don't, and that's what may be the problem. How much longer are we going to sit here and give a pass to this system of reffing that blatantly full of s*** and helps make a mockery of the NHL as a representative of hockey?

I stated the same thing on hf boards. The league has allowed diving to creep into the game. They have done nothing to get rid of it. Penalties should be reviewed and divers should be fined.

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

When the wind is taken out of your sails with bulls*** dives and then bulls*** calls all night...what exactly did you expect?

Nothing is new here...Detroit now has shaken the rust off and needs to come out with fire in game 2 as San Jose will be able to muster up some weak calls later in the game to catch up on the PP.

While there were some really weak calls throughout, they out shot us, and for a big part of the game, outplayed us in every way.

Honestly, Howard's penalty should have given them a power play. Pavelski was acting like a jerk, but he did not break a rule by sending the ice spray into Jimmy's face.

The Bertuzzi 'Boarding' call was weak, and the high sticking should have only been 2 minutes. That was a classic wrestling move, cut yourself open to show the blood.

I guess on a brighter note it is only Game 1 and we have another shot at the Circus act known as the NHL Playoffs on Sunday! Gear up and at least we know we are right back in the same 3 rings we faced last year!! Niemi is beatable and he looked lost out there tonight, so we need to step up our play!!

Guest Shoreline

Sure, it does if you didn't watch the game. The Sharks had shots that were on net, a lot of them, and a lot more than the Red Wings. So what? Howard was stellar. The Sharks dominated the Wings in offensive zone time. Great for them. However, it was in fact bulls*** calls that led to the goals they scored. The Red Wings did a fine job of keeping it out of the net even strength. I don't care if the Sharks had 20 shots or 95 shots. Shots only tells the story from those who would judge a game by the box score.

The Red Wings do have some changes to make, like reducing turnovers, not making so many bad stretch passes, and so on. However, there's no way of prepping for dumbass refs to make s***ty calls.

Edited by Shoreline

While I agree with you that the wings didn't get enough offense going, I disagree with how you disregarded the dives. The dives have nothing to do with red wing offense. They do however, have something to do with putting the sharks on fake power plays and having increased chances at scoring goals, and oh they tied it on one of those bulls*** powerplays.

So, while I do agree the wings need to pick it up, the fans have every right to ***** about diving and bad calls. Sorry.

I am going to disregard them because they are out of our control. If it was an even game, then I may point out of dive or two. But when we play two periods like we did, I would be very embarrassed to even bring it up.

We did not take care of our own business. We got severely outplayed in the 2nd, and got beat badly in the third.

The OT PK was a thing of beauty for 3:55, then not clearing it and getting fresh legs out there cost the game. But at fortyf***ingsix shots on goal, it was just a matter of time before one fluked it's way past Jimmy.

It was an embarrassing 40 minutes of playoff hockey by us, and you guys are worried about dives? We have much bigger things to worry about than that.

You guys are worse than Canuck and Pittsburgh fans. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by T.Low

Wow, who needs talented players when all you need are actors and ignorant refs! Those were some weak penalty calls. I will also agree that the wings did not bring their A game in the second/third/OT periods. It probably doesn't help that our own defenseman redirected the winning shot!

While there were some really weak calls throughout, they out shot us, and for a big part of the game, outplayed us in every way.

Honestly, Howard's penalty should have given them a power play. Pavelski was acting like a jerk, but he did not break a rule by sending the ice spray into Jimmy's face.

The Bertuzzi 'Boarding' call was weak, and the high sticking should have only been 2 minutes. That was a classic wrestling move, cut yourself open to show the blood.

Except for his retaliation on another Wings player after the shove from Howard <_<

Except for his retaliation on another Wings player after the shove from Howard <_<

Howard would have gotten the call for instigating the whole thing. After that, it was just a after-whistle scrum.

We played very poorly, and although the refs gift-wrapped the tying goal, we need to be better in game two.