• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

....a professional hockey team dive as much as the San Jose Sharks? It's beyondf****** embarrassing.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

This stat line says it all for this game.

11:20 Jonathan Ericsson: 2 Minutes for Hooking Joe Pavelski
6:33 Jiri Hudler: 2 Minutes for Tripping Joe Pavelski
9:57 Jimmy Howard: 2 Minutes for Roughing Joe Pavelski
9:41 Todd Bertuzzi: 2 Minutes for Boarding Joe Pavelski
"I believe we have a team that can make the playoffs" -Brian Burke

#3 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

The San Jose Sharks are a disgrace in all my years watching hockey i have never seen a team dive so much they look like soccer players when they fall. Very few times do I get really pissed off about losing where I start throwing objects but thats how I am right now. This is an absolute outrage. For those of you who think its sour grapes watch the game and tell me how easy the shark players seem to go down when touched. :ranting:
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#4 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

I know it's horrible you know why the wings got that 3on1? A sharks players felt contact and went down watch the replay :)

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Who was it that got bumped and flopped over behind the net near the end of regulation?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:09 AM

You guys must have forgotten the divealanche.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

Doesn't matter. Wings got seriously outplayed all but the first period

#8 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

And Wallin biting his lip to draw blood for the double minor? TSN actually had him on camera very clearly doing it. I mean, come on Walkom, you're not that clueless, are you?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#9 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

What's even worse is that the REFEREES are on board with it. It's the biggestf****** joke in all of professional sports, if you ask me. I can't believe this s*** is tolerated.

1st penalty - not a penalty
2nd penalty - a penalty
3rd penalty - not a penalty
4th penalty - not a penalty
5th&6th penalty - not a penalty

The Sharks got 4 power plays tonight that they shoudn't have had. Meanwhile Detroit gets a couple early calls (which I think were weak, as well), and then the refs' whistles go silent for them.

FRANZEN blew it tonight, though. He needs to put that one home. That's the only thing that's keeping me from putting my fist through some drywall right now. The Wings didn't capitalize, despite having to play against 8 guys out there most of the night.

And Wallin biting his lip to draw blood for the double minor? TSN actually had him on camera very clearly doing it. I mean, come on Walkom, you're not that clueless, are you?

It's not that he's clueless. It's that he's IN ON IT. Bettman wants a different city to win the cup every year. You really think Carolina, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, etc. etc. etc. are all just winning the cup haphazardly and randomly as the years go by. Hockey is going through a sad stage right now, and the cup is going to settle in Vancouver/San Jose/ or Washington no matter how good any of the other teams are. The refs will see to it.

#10 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

This stat line says it all for this game.

11:20 Jonathan Ericsson: 2 Minutes for Hooking Joe Pavelski
6:33 Jiri Hudler: 2 Minutes for Tripping Joe Pavelski
9:57 Jimmy Howard: 2 Minutes for Roughing Joe Pavelski
9:41 Todd Bertuzzi: 2 Minutes for Boarding Joe Pavelski

No, actually this stat line says it all for this game.

Shots: SJ 46; Det 25
Score: SJ 2; Det 1

They give up 46 shots to only 25 and you guys are bitchin about dives? 18 shots in the 2nd period alone? Sheeyaat.

Half way thru the 3rd my wife said "One goal isn't going to do it for this game. The Wings better pick it up". She was right.

Dive schmive, the Wings had no jump after the 1st period.

#11 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

The NHL is an absolute Waterded Down Fu$%ing Joke! No wonder they can only get on Versus! This league is now officially a Joke! I guess there is a reason why I only follow the Wings now! I hardly ever watch any other games simply because of the garbage that this league has become! Why don't we just skip the damn regular season and playoffs and then have Buttman draw two teams out of a hat to play for the Cup! GARBAGE!! I would rather watch the KHL than this crap!

#12 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:19 AM

The Sharks do dive but this is a product of bush league refereeing. The Sharks are just doing what any team would do and wanting to win by any means necessary, which is surely what the Wings would do, although they don't, and that's what may be the problem. How much longer are we going to sit here and give a pass to this system of reffing that blatantly full of s*** and helps make a mockery of the NHL as a representative of hockey? The excuse of "oh they're just human" has become old. It's unfortunate it takes a Wings loss by this means to rile up fellow Wing fans. I watch it happen in other games often and it pisses me off just seeing it when it isn't this team.

Edited by Shoreline, 30 April 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#13 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

The Sharks are my most hated team in hockey. Tonight just reinforced that.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#14 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

The San Jose Sharks are a disgrace in all my years watching hockey i have never seen a team dive so much they look like soccer players when they fall. Very few times do I get really pissed off about losing where I start throwing objects but thats how I am right now. This is an absolute outrage. For those of you who think its sour grapes watch the game and tell me how easy the shark players seem to go down when touched. :ranting:

I can agree with this statement, however the Avs were pretty good at it as well. But Ths Shards are becoming second fiddle to the Avs, maybe we should call the Shards the Jr. Dives!! :yowza:

#15 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

They give up 46 shots to only 25 and you guys are bitchin about dives? 18 shots in the 2nd period alone? Sheeyaat.

Half way thru the 3rd my wife said "One goal isn't going to do it for this game. The Wings better pick it up". She was right.

While I agree with you that the wings didn't get enough offense going, I disagree with how you disregarded the dives. The dives have nothing to do with red wing offense. They do however, have something to do with putting the sharks on fake power plays and having increased chances at scoring goals, and oh they tied it on one of those bulls*** powerplays.

So, while I do agree the wings need to pick it up, the fans have every right to ***** about diving and bad calls. Sorry.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#16 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

The Sharks do dive but this is a product of bush league refereeing. The Sharks are just doing what any team would do and wanting to win by any means necessary, which is surely what the Wings would do, although they don't, and that's what may be the problem. How much longer are we going to sit here and give a pass to this system of reffing that blatantly full of s*** and helps make a mockery of the NHL as a representative of hockey?

I stated the same thing on hf boards. The league has allowed diving to creep into the game. They have done nothing to get rid of it. Penalties should be reviewed and divers should be fined.

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 30 April 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#17 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

The sharks have probably taken lessons from all the soccer playing illegals in the San Jose area.

#18 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

When the wind is taken out of your sails with bulls*** dives and then bulls*** calls all night...what exactly did you expect?

Nothing is new here...Detroit now has shaken the rust off and needs to come out with fire in game 2 as San Jose will be able to muster up some weak calls later in the game to catch up on the PP.
"I believe we have a team that can make the playoffs" -Brian Burke

#19 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

While there were some really weak calls throughout, they out shot us, and for a big part of the game, outplayed us in every way.

Honestly, Howard's penalty should have given them a power play. Pavelski was acting like a jerk, but he did not break a rule by sending the ice spray into Jimmy's face.

The Bertuzzi 'Boarding' call was weak, and the high sticking should have only been 2 minutes. That was a classic wrestling move, cut yourself open to show the blood.

#20 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

I guess on a brighter note it is only Game 1 and we have another shot at the Circus act known as the NHL Playoffs on Sunday! Gear up and at least we know we are right back in the same 3 rings we faced last year!! Niemi is beatable and he looked lost out there tonight, so we need to step up our play!!