• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flexodious

Chants

Rate this topic

I would love to see our fans chanting, like the U of M students at their hockey games. They don't have to be as obscene as them, but something to make us different from other NHL teams. It would be nice if we could get organized and start chants through out the game. For example here are some of U of M chants...

With 1:04 left in a period:

(4) HOW (3) MUCH (2) TIME (1) IS (0) LEFT?. (after announcer announces the time left) THANK YOU!

(When opposing team gets a penalty, raise your hand and wave)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH (until the player steps in the box) (edited)

(When the refs step on the ice at the beginning of a period)

BOO!!!!! CHECK THE NET… CHECK THE NET (until he checks it). GET INSIDE (until he gets inside the net). CHECK IT AGAIN (after he leaves the net).

We could do something about Bettman once a game or period.

Suggestions....

dude college hockey is awesome but its the student section that always gets the place pumped. Most of the fans who can afford wings games are not the true fans just business guys who leave early and come late. Thats why there isnt as much passion and chanting from the fans. I would personally love to make the joe more electric

Edited by Hossa4Life

I was at Game 2 in the Phoenix series, and it was crazy electric. A lot of the name chanting was started by some guys in my section, actually. It was great!

I did hear a big JIMMY HOWARD chant last game after he'd made some great saves, too. The more fans in the seats and the less corporate owned seats the better!

I would love to see our fans chanting, like the U of M students at their hockey games. They don't have to be as obscene as them, but something to make us different from other NHL teams. It would be nice if we could get organized and start chants through out the game. For example here are some of U of M chants...

(4) HOW (3) MUCH (2) TIME (1) IS (0) LEFT?. (after announcer announces the time left) THANK YOU!

BOO!!!!! CHECK THE NET… CHECK THE NET (until he checks it). GET INSIDE (until he gets inside the net). CHECK IT AGAIN (after he leaves the net).

Suggestions....

The best chants in college hockey are spontaneous, and with an arena for 20,000 people instead of 6,000 as at Yost, it would be very difficult to have effective planned chants. I don't see a need for Red Wings fans to copy U of M's chants. If you want chants, go to the games and start them based on what's happening on the ice. TODD BER-TUZZI appreciates you.

I've been to plenty of college hockey games. I'm sorry, but all of those chants are really pretty dumb. We can stick to the tried and true classic of "LETS GO RED WINGS (clap clap clapclapclap)", or this year's variation using individual player names. I took a college buddy of mine to a red wings game last year, and he kept belting out all the dumb college hockey chants, and I just ducked my head in shame.

dude college hockey is awesome but its the student section that always gets the place pumped. Most of the fans who can afford wings games are not the true fans just business guys who leave early and come late. Thats why there isnt as much passion and chanting from the fans. I would personally love to make the joe more electric

Wings games aren't that expensive to go to. You can get really good deals on regular season tickets. The upper bowl is always louder than the lower, but thats the case at any arena. Since a lot of the corporate guys dont use their lower bowl tickets, just find your way down into some empty seats and enjoy the game.

Suggestions....

I have always been partial to the chant "It's all your fault" to the visiting goalie when the home team scores.....

I think some different chants would spice things up a little..."Let's go Red Wings" is always good, but every now and then we could use a little extra oomph. I think the name chants are a keeper for sure (©Homer). I personally like these college ones, too, but I'm a cheesy kind of person, so maybe I'm not the best judge of those. A little more energy from the crowd in general would be a good thing, though. I mean, come on, you have the privilege of watching the best team in hockey (even if the past couple of seasons haven't been the best indicators of that) live and in color, and not everybody gets a chance to do that...get happy!

I think that due to the European influence there should be some European style chants :thumbup:

Can't beat a good bit of bouncing!

I love that energy in that empty stadium.

The chants don't have to be exactly like college, just using as an example since the yost arena is the craziest one for sure. I just want the crowd to be into it. What ever happened to wave, I haven't seen it for a while at the Joe. We should get it started at the start of the periods before they drop the puck each period.

How about KRON WALLED everytime Heatley touches the puck. I know impossible but it would be funny.