• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Ken Holland: Open to trade to replace Rafalski

Rate this topic

Predators' Trotz: We'll match any offer for Shea Weber

one could argue that what else should we expect Trotz to say. another way to look at it is, teams can still get Weber to sign an offer sheet so that Nashville has to pay more for him than they planned to, perhaps losing the money to pay Suter or Rinne.

I have never seen him a real possibilty for the Wings. I just don't see Holland as a guy who would do another franchise like that......now the Islanders....

Guest Heaten

Unless Holland is willing to severely overpay pay Bieska/Ehroff, neither are coming here. They are going to get LOTS of money in the offseason, and I mean LOTS of money. And they aren't even THAT good. Bieska was Canucks whipping boy, and Ehroff makes Ericsson's defense look elite.

Holland isn't the type of GM to overpay players. He might make a few small moves, sign a few lesser knowns, and wait for trade deadline splash. This is a re-tooling year, so don't expect the cup or going deep in the playoffs.

I think Sutter is they guy on Holland's mind. And he won't be [potentially] available til next year. I think trade deadline is the best way to get high-quality players.

I have never seen him a real possibilty for the Wings. I just don't see Holland as a guy who would do another franchise like that......now the Islanders....

agreed about Holland, but there's nothing stopping other GMs trying to raise Weber's price, like what doug wilson did with this offer sheet to Hjarlmasson, he forced Chicago to pay more for him than they planned to and lose a goalie.

@CraigCustance

"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

Hey Kenny, this alone, makes me want to see Wiz on the Wings even more!

even though it looks like Wiz hurt himself somehow, man that was a donnybrook with Tootie...

I would love a trade to (try to)replace Rafalski, PLUS sign Wiz to round out what would be the best defense corps in the league! (spoken through red glasses)

Lidstrom Kronwall

Stuart Bogosian

Wiz - Kindl

Smith

Heck they could even sign two UFA's and leave Smith in GRR, but I have a feeling they are gonna make this year Kindl's make or break year...

Edited by LeftWinger

Wrong (salary arbitration).

Here's a good question concerning RFA's....Let say Nashville offers Weber a contract and he turns it down and elects arbitration, if he gets rewarded a contract that Nashville doesn't like, then signs somewhere else (Detroit for example, ...just saying :ninja: ) do the Preds STILL receive the compensatory draft picks?

Here's a good question concerning RFA's....Let say Nashville offers Weber a contract and he turns it down and elects arbitration, if he gets rewarded a contract that Nashville doesn't like, then signs somewhere else (Detroit for example, ...just saying :ninja: ) do the Preds STILL receive the compensatory draft picks?

No. Once they receive a verdict in arbitration, the team has a 48 period to accept the contract. If they don't, the team relinquishes all rights and the player becomes a UFA.

However, if Weber receives a salary in arbitration that's too high for Nashville to want to keep and he's looking for that kind of money in FA, then holy crap, do not want (can't see that happening, though).

Somewhat... he was invisible for most of the Sharks series. He is trade able to get a more consistent 2nd liner that can take some of the load off of Z and D.

Fil seams to have reached his plateau. He was expected to get better every year for the past 3 years and it doesn't look like he will improve over what he is now. He's very good but he has peaked. Abby on the other hand has just completed his first full season and was much better than even last year. He has a big upside. There is no comparison between the 2.

No. Once they receive a verdict in arbitration, the team has a 48 period to accept the contract. If they don't, the team relinquishes all rights and the player becomes a UFA.

However, if Weber receives a salary in arbitration that's too high for Nashville to want to keep and he's looking for that kind of money in FA, then holy crap, do not want (can't see that happening, though).

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Holland said that he won't tend an offer and Nashville has said that if anybody did that they would match it. What more needs to be said?

Fil seams to have reached his plateau. He was expected to get better every year for the past 3 years and it doesn't look like he will improve over what he is now. He's very good but he has peaked. Abby on the other hand has just completed his first full season and was much better than even last year. He has a big upside. There is no comparison between the 2.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Holland said that he won't tend an offer and Nashville has said that if anybody did that they would match it. What more needs to be said?

Well hell, I know it's not happening. I was just answering a question about RFAs :P

Unless Holland is willing to severely overpay pay Bieska/Ehroff, neither are coming here. They are going to get LOTS of money in the offseason, and I mean LOTS of money. And they aren't even THAT good. Bieska was Canucks whipping boy, and Ehroff makes Ericsson's defense look elite.

Holland isn't the type of GM to overpay players. He might make a few small moves, sign a few lesser knowns, and wait for trade deadline splash. This is a re-tooling year, so don't expect the cup or going deep in the playoffs.

I think Sutter is they guy on Holland's mind. And he won't be [potentially] available til next year. I think trade deadline is the best way to get high-quality players.

I know one thing for sure. Holland will spend up to or nearly up to the Cap. With Ralfalski's $6 mil, he is going to make at least 1 big move or a number of medium size moves. I am expecting a big trade. Hudler, Fil, Mursak are all possible trades.

Isn't the off season exciting? Especially knowing that Holland HAS to make a move or two? :w00t2:

I still say either sign or trade for someone to play with Dastyuk as a pure scorer. Put Filppula on his line as well as it seemed they had a bit of chemistry together, move Zetterberg to line 2 with Franzen and Bertuzzi, Helm would center the 3rd line with Cleary and Eaves, then Abby can center Holmstrom and Miller, with Mursak as the 13th forward...

I know everyone is posting names and line combos everywhere, but let me just say that if the Cap goes up to $64.5M, before ANY UFA's are signed, Holland has $25M available to sign/trade for players! Awesome! I know Holland wouldn't take on the long term contract, but man with that money I would love to see Kovalchuk on Dastyuk's wing next season!

I am not sure Jersey would want to trade him away, unless they are looking to get out from under that contract... they only have 11 fwds, 5 D and 1 goalie signed next year and ONLY have $7M avail in cap. Even if the Cap goes up $5.1M that still isn't much to re-sign the like of Parise, Greene and Hedburg, let alone the rest of the open spots. I am pretty positive Kovalchuk would accept a trade to Detroit... of course I am pretty sure it would cost us at least a roster player AND some high end prospects/draft picks to acquire him...but WOW!

Edited by LeftWinger

Isn't the off season exciting? Especially knowing that Holland HAS to make a move or two? :w00t2:

I still say either sign or trade for someone to play with Dastyuk as a pure scorer. Put Filppula on his line as well as it seemed they had a bit of chemistry together, move Zetterberg to line 2 with Franzen and Bertuzzi, Helm would center the 3rd line with Cleary and Eaves, then Abby can center Holmstrom and Miller, with Mursak as the 13th forward...

I know everyone is posting names and line combos everywhere, but let me just say that if the Cap goes up to $64.5M, before ANY UFA's are signed, Holland has $25M available to sign/trade for players! Awesome! I know Holland wouldn't take on the long term contract, but man with that money I would love to see Kovalchuk on Dastyuk's wing next season!

I am not sure Jersey would want to trade him away, unless they are looking to get out from under that contract... they only have 11 fwds, 5 D and 1 goalie signed next year and ONLY have $7M avail in cap. Even if the Cap goes up $5.1M that still isn't much to re-sign the like of Parise, Greene and Hedburg, let alone the rest of the open spots. I am pretty positive Kovalchuk would accept a trade to Detroit... of course I am pretty sure it would cost us at least a roster player AND some high end prospects/draft picks to acquire him...but WOW!

Probably another name Konnan will add to the avatar if it picks up steam.

:lol: True! But, Holland could afford him, and he would be that pure sniper Datsyuk and the Wings need. I am sure in 2008, he would've had Hossa on a similar avatar too, but Holland pulled that one out of his magic hat... just not sure what Holland thinks of the length of the contract, he already has 2 lifers and I am sure Datsyuk is gonna re-sign a lifer when his is up as well... Oh well, it is more possible than Weber coming here...

Guest Crymson

It would make sense, because Holland will never trade for Kovalchuk. He's a one-dimensional player--horrible defensively--with a bad attitude, and he's got a lifelong contract.

I should add him and Bogo to my avatar, I'll never know how people don't understand the business and economic side of NHL management.

I understand that Burns is under contract for one more year, at a reasonable price. But I believe he is a free agent after that. There has been speculation this summer that Burns may be traded by the Wild while they can still get something in return for him because they are afraid they cannot afford him when he becomes a free agent. No, it wasn't Ecklund either. I didn't say they would acquire him, but I believe I said he would be a nice addition.

I think we will most likely see a UFA signing. Wouldn't be opposed to going conservative with said signing and waiting until 2012.

I should add him and Bogo to my avatar, I'll never know how people don't understand the business and economic side of NHL management.

Well gee wiz. Maybe it's because I am too busy being a fan and carrying on my day to day life instead of staring at Excel algorithms to see if things will work out correctly for the space time continuum to accept our INSANE ZANY ideas we have this off season. Seriously guys, let's pump the brakes on pointing the finger on getting hopeful at bringing in talented players, even if they are getting a bit out of hand.

Well gee wiz. Maybe it's because I am too busy being a fan and carrying on my day to day life instead of staring at Excel algorithms to see if things will work out correctly for the space time continuum to accept our INSANE ZANY ideas we have this off season. Seriously guys, let's pump the brakes on pointing the finger on getting hopeful at bringing in talented players, even if they are getting a bit out of hand.

HUDLER FOR CHARA STRAIGHT UP!

:ph34r:

THIS! Like was said earlier, if he were to make an off-season avatar in 2008, GUARANTEE Marion Hossa would be on it stating that he will NOT be a Red Wing. Why don't he just let people enjoy the off season and have fun fantasizing about who they would like to see become a Red Wing. Especially now with all the available Cap space! Even though most if not all of the names people are throwing around will not be a Red Wing, but NOONE and NOTHING is out of the question with the skills and money Ken Holland has in negotiating contracts and making deals. It would be SOOO funny if one or two of these names actually become a Wing, then maybe he can make an avatar of him pulling his head out if his ass....

Guest Crymson

THIS! Like was said earlier, if he were to make an off-season avatar in 2008, GUARANTEE Marion Hossa would be on it stating that he will NOT be a Red Wing. Why don't he just let people enjoy the off season and have fun fantasizing about who they would like to see become a Red Wing. Especially now with all the available Cap space! Even though most if not all of the names people are throwing around will not be a Red Wing, but NOONE and NOTHING is out of the question with the skills and money Ken Holland has in negotiating contracts and making deals. It would be SOOO funny if one or two of these names actually become a Wing, then maybe he can make an avatar of him pulling his head out if his ass....

Marian Hossa was a UFA and we had cap space for him. The fellows being discussed this season are all being talked about in the context of trades and offer sheets. Big difference.

Also, I find it ironic that you routinely trash Holland during the regular season and call him incompetent, and are now singing his praises in your attempt to make any of the aforementioned options sound possible.

Except no one would bring him up as a possibility. The Hossa thing came out of left field because we just won the cup and there was no need to add a big name.

Except no one would bring him up as a possibility. The Hossa thing came out of left field because we just won the cup and there was no need to add a big name.

You are right, but it's fun to dream sometimes. When I mentioned Kovalchuk, I made sure I mentioned the fact that Holland wouldn't get him because of his lifetime contract, but if he had a year or two contract at his cap hit of $6.6M, it wouldn't be out of the question that Holland may try for him. Holland likes those type of players, especially with the scoring upside...and Kovalchuk would be even better playing with Datsyuk. I for one, hope for another left field shot this season! At least we DO know he has the money to spend on a left-fielder!