• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Panthers Acquire Tomas Kopecky's Rights

Rate this topic

Kopecky at 3 million? LMAO

I mentioned this in another thread, but it only seems fitting to spread it here - I implore all LGW'ers to join me in starting a new trend:

Using Lebda's name as a verb when a team signs a horrendous contract

ie. Florida really lebda'd the Kopecky contract...

I think it works beautifully! :yowza:

Guest CaliWingsNut

I mentioned this in another thread, but it only seems fitting to spread it here - I implore all LGW'ers to join me in starting a new trend:

Using Lebda's name as a verb when a team signs a horrendous contract

ie. Florida really lebda'd the Kopecky contract...

I think it works beautifully! :yowza:

Finger works sooooooo much better.

Finger works sooooooo much better.

doesn't fit as well here though and doesn't have the same ties... if we were going completely off the board, you might as well use Yashin...

I wonder how many contracts the Leafs will lebda come FA on Friday...

EDIT -

ohoq9.jpg

Edited by stevkrause

The Panthers just want to show their fans that they're committed to winning a Cup, and are willing to spend the money it takes.

Good signing. :thumbup:

Didn't think I'd use this twice in the same thread... but only seems fitting...

ohoq9.jpg

Edited by stevkrause

Hilarious. These kind of signings are why Chicago couldn't hold on to half their team after winning the Cup. What if Florida made a surprise run in three years with the ton of talent they've accumulated in the last couple drafts? It would probably be Chicago all over again.

Edited by achildr1

Guest CaliWingsNut

Panthers sign Kopecky to four-year contract

The Florida Panthers on Wednesday announced that two-time Stanley Cup-winning forward Tomas Kopecky has signed a four-year contract worth a reported $3 million per season.

http://www.nhl.com/i...od-rr-headlines

OMG it's not just 3mil, but 3mil for FOUR years?

The funny thing is as much as everyone here likes to rip him he actually had a good year last season. Put can claim his numbers are inflated and that very well may be true. But the fact is in all the Hawks games I saw he was an effective player. Provided the money isn't outrageous he can be a useful player.

Although seeing what Florida is doing they probably just gave him a 4 year, $16M deal or something absurd.

I watched nearly every Hawks game last year. And his "good season" came only because he had first PP time with Toews and Hossa for the majority of the season. If you go back and watch his goals, its amazing how many of them went in after pinballing off several legs, or some insane goalie fart.

I would feel safe in betting that he never even comes close to the numbers of last season ever again in his career.

At 3 million for 4 years, this is one of the absolute worst signings I have seen in a long time considering he is a 4th line player at best. Even for someone with Tallon's record, why the hell would you Lebda this guy?

There is much laughing at Kopecky's contract, and yet...

Kopecky's deal is notably better than Valtteri Filppula's contract was at the time it was signed. Filppula's deal would be around $4.4m if it were signed this year. He played around 40% of his time with Datsyuk in Datsyuk's best offensive year. Outside of Datsyuk's intrusion, his linemates varied between Cleary, Hudler, Homer. Samuelsson, and Franzen. Flip was, at the time, worse defensively than Kopy is now and relied more heavily on his linemates for offense.

I would probably only have gone maybe to $2.5, but $3 is reasonable given his versatility and production. Realize this; he'd probably get more in arbitration.

I'm thinking I might show up to Panthers training camp this year. If Kopecky is worth 3mil, then I'm worth at LEAST a 2-way minimum level contract, right?

Git r dun, Dale.

probably not a bad idea... I'm an almost 30, 5'9" grinder with bad knees... but there's a good market for that, right?

Kopecky's deal is notably better than Valtteri Filppula's contract was at the time it was signed. Filppula's deal would be around $4.4m if it were signed this year. He played around 40% of his time with Datsyuk in Datsyuk's best offensive year. Outside of Datsyuk's intrusion, his linemates varied between Cleary, Hudler, Homer. Samuelsson, and Franzen. Flip was, at the time, worse defensively than Kopy is now and relied more heavily on his linemates for offense.

I would probably only have gone maybe to $2.5, but $3 is reasonable given his versatility and production. Realize this; he'd probably get more in arbitration.

Kopecky is 29 when he signed this deal with

Filppula was 24 or 25 when he signed. Im not exactly sure, you can do the math.

Oh, and I forgot, LOL.

Flip was, at the time, worse defensively than Kopy is now and relied more heavily on his linemates for offense.[/font]

I'll just let this link speak for itself...

http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php?selForward=CHIKOPECKY%2CTOMAS&period=ALL&situation=EV&games=2010-2011%3AR%3A99&Submit=Show+Line+Combinations&sent=go

You'd save a lot more effort, Eva, if you just put "Filppula sucks, Hudler is god" in your signature

Considering you'd probably pay $5 million for Hudler, I'm not surprised.

http://www.dobberhoc...nations&sent=go

You'd save a lot more effort, Eva, if you just put "Filppula sucks, Hudler is god" in your signature

http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php?selForward=DETFILPPULA%2CVALTTERI&period=ALL&situation=EV&games=2007-2008%3AR%3A99&Submit=Show+Line+Combinations&sent=go

Point out exactly how what I said was wrong? Kopecky's linemate combinations, even with decent time spent with Hossa and Sharp, were less talented and less productive than Filppula's. Yes, Kopy is older than Flip was, but he's not so old the he will be washed up and retired at the end of his deal.

Yes of course, because I think he's a good player and am the LGW-anointed "World's Biggest Fan" I'd give him that. Sure. Why not. Dan Carcillo is a UFA, I bet you'd love to go out and sign him to a $3m deal.

Kopecky at 3mil a season really isn't that bad of a deal. He has a couple rings and is a big body and can put up points and is above average defensively. I still laugh every time I see his name and think of how terrible he is/was, though. he's the product of playing with Hossa and Sharp, but he can easily be a good player on a 3rd line and he's going to get a buttload of time on the Jacksonville Jaguars this season.

Oh yes, that $500K is breaking the bank for the Jaguars... I mean, Panthers, I mean... Devi.. I mean, Ra... oh wait...

http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php?selForward=CHIKOPECKY%2CTOMAS&period=ALL&situation=EV&games=2010-2011%3AR%3A99&Submit=Show+Line+Combinations&sent=go

Might as well. Where we agree Eva. We disagree. Love ya, bro!

Really? ...wouldn't you pay $2.5 for an enforcer GMR. LOVE YA, BRO!

Kopecky at 3mil a season really isn't that bad of a deal. He has a couple rings and is a big body and can put up points and is above average defensively. I still laugh every time I see his name and think of how terrible he is/was, though. he's the product of playing with Hossa and Sharp, but he can easily be a good player on a 3rd line and he's going to get a buttload of time on the Jacksonville Jaguars this season.

Exactly.