• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

This team screams for a trade

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

averaging 1.75 goals per game, right now that is not only lacking a significant scoring threat on any line, but it also show that at the moment our "depth" in pretty shallow. As a matter of fact I would say they aren't even playing deep enough to be in the kiddie pool.

Sample size too small.

This. We make up for (or at least in theory) the lack of top 3 or top 6 offense by having a much better than average scoring potential on the bottom 2 lines. Expecting 2 50 goal scorers on top of the depth we have is completely unrealistic.

This isn't what I meant, nor what he meant. LeftWinger said that we need to acquire two scorers capable of scoring 40-50 goals. I noted that this was an unrealistic expectation, this being because of the rarity of such scorers and because of the realities of the salary cap world.

Well let's hope Franzen becomes that 40-50 goal scorer and proves me (and a few others) wrong. He was on a great pace last year until he petered out after that Ottawa game. So even tough he has picked it up the last couple, we have to see if he can maintain it all season and the playoffs... Nice to see he turned it around for now. We just some others to step it up too! Lids and Franz cannot not be our only goal scorers. (although if Lids keeps this up, he will be a shoe in for #8)