• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#1 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

We have one of the most capable rosters in the whole league that can deliver in each and every game and all we get is clear lack of effort. I'm getting tired of all these after game quotes "We though we were prepared", "We just got beat, 7-1, so to start like that tonight, to me, is lack of preparation," "It was a disappointing effort. The coaching staff didn't do a good enough job; the players didn't do a good enough job."

We've heard such things so many times during the last two/three years. Where are the consequences? I think the real reason is that everyone on the roster feel too safe. They known that no matter how bad they play they'll never be traded. Starting from 4th line plug Miller to "superstar" Zetterberg. When intensity of the game is rather low we often win on a pure skill, when it gets higher like in the last two games we simply give up. To me this is pure lack of effort. If Bertuzzi or Zetterberg don't like to compete in games like this scratch them and call up Nyquist or Tatar.

PS For those saying that it is only two games (there are always a plenty of such guys) I recommend to watch some other teams. No team in this league gives up games so easily.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:17 AM

It's only two games--preceded by five games of very good hockey--and yours is a knee-jerk reaction of the worst sort. Get a grip.

On a minor note--and for your own future reference--it seems that you have a very flawed understanding of roster limits. The Wings are at the maximum roster size right now. They cannot simply make players healthy scratches and call up others to replace them. They may only exceed the roster limit via call-ups if the call-ups are replacing injured players. Please note that I find the entirety of your post ludicrous and only wrote this clarification for your own benefit.

Edited by Crymson, 26 October 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#3 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

When you have a team as purely talented as the Wings are and can win soley by relying on talent some nights then it's a given that once in a while there's going to be a small slump where it looks like they aren't trying. But I will take a 5-2 record, if it gets to be 5-5+ then I will give the ideas in the OP some more consideration. In my opinion, I would rather get frustrated (and I'll admit, it's VERY frustrating) watching the Wings take a couple of nights off and have a 5-2 record than watch a team play hard every night and have a 1-7-1 record like Columbus does.

Edited by GSBrooks13, 26 October 2011 - 05:57 AM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#4 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

Holy knee-jerk Batman.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

I'm thinking that someone hi-jacked the OP's account. Or he's under the influence. I know I've given him plusses before. This is out of character.

#6 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Who was it that said that despite the 5-0 start, there would be people screaming that the sky was falling after the first loss?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#7 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

I too am frustrated that the Blue Jackets first win came against the Wings and that the Wings have lost two in a row but this season is still very young. A trade is definetly not needed right now. This team is still in the processing of gelling and moving players in and out of the line up due to injuries and call-ups, it's certainly not panic time. Let's just see how the season goes and further down the road if a trade is needed the Wings will do it. On a side note. I do find it semi-funny that the Wings and Lions have the same W-L Record at 5-2. Just sayin.

#8 GongShow94

GongShow94

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

The most id say right now is to switch up the lines a little bit because I didn't like what I saw last night like the rest of you. Splitting up Z and Dats is very needed I think.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

Plenty of such guys have shown themselves, this guy included. You should try drinking during the games, it makes it easier to take in on a bad night, and on a good night your neighbors will get over it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

5-2-0

WHOA THIS TEAM NEEDS SOME YOUTH INJECTION!

Posted Image

#11 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

I think it's the manner of the losses, not the losses themselves. Not that I'm panicking or complaining, just saying. Though Zetterberg needs to get his s*** together.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#12 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

Aaaaaand...this is why fan bases of other teams that aren't nearly as successful as Detroit ***** about Wings fans.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#13 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Aaaaaand...this is why fan bases of other teams that aren't nearly as successful as Detroit ***** about Wings fans.

wings fans have higher standards, and with good reason.

we aren't thef****** blue jackets here

we expect more.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#14 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

we expect more.

You expect an 82-0 season?

Good to know.

Posted Image

#15 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

we expect more.

When pretty much every team in a professional league, good or bad, is going to have a 2-game losing streak (and definitely more than one) over an 80+ game season, the reaction is still pretty retarded sometimes. And those losses will come against good and bad teams alike.

I'd love to win everytime. It's not realistic though.

This thread makes me

Posted Image

^ This. And while we may have higher standards and expect more, the bats**ttyness in reactions from people in here is beyond dumb sometimes.

#16 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Granted, I'm far from pleased with the Red Wings last two outings, but I think both opponents deserve some credit too. Washington is the best team in the league and Columbus was winless in eight games and was going to come out extremely desperate last night. You could also make the case the Red Wings backup goalie didn't really give them a strong opportunity to win either game.

The Red Wings have 10 of a possible 14 points and their best players aren't even on track yet. Now Zetterberg is the scapegoat? I guess there always has to be one.

Edited by GoWings1905, 26 October 2011 - 10:35 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#17 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

You expect an 82-0 season?

Good to know.

i expect them to look like they give a s***.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#18 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

Wow 5-2? I'm mailing this season in, I'll be back next year. Actually, I'm going to stay here and ***** all season.

#19 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Words of wisdom -

"The other team wants to win, too."

#20 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Meh I kind of agree sort of.

Ive thought the bottom lines could use some youth and energy injected for a while. The start of last nights game reminded me of the start vs Vancouver, Abdelkader went out there and tuned Lapierre and it woke the wings up.

They need a couple more energy type guys who can wake the team up in other ways besides being ok offensively for a bottom 6er. Mursak should help bring some energy

When this team gets stuck in a rut like they did last night, they hardly have anyone to pull them out of it with a big hit or a fight. They should actually ditch Miller, Brunnstrom, and possibly Emmerton (give him time to see what he can do) and get another Helm or Abdelkader type in the lineup. Those other guys are redundant, if you just take all their salary and throw it towards one guy like Helm or Abdelkader you should be able to get them.

Its games like last night, where there is potential to wake up your team if you play that style, abdelkader did it with that hit but the momentum didnt last long

RIP BOB PROBERT #24