• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#361 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I understand the idea of Bert being on the top line, but having Homer on the line keeps it simple for the Eurotwins. Bert has more skill, yes, but he does not win the puck battles that Homer does in the offensive zone. Homer gets the puck to PAvs and Z, and then goes to the net and lets them work their magic. It's simple, it works over and over again, so I do not understand why Babcock refuses to do it.

#362 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

There is NO way Bert should get a promotion on his current form. He's floating and he's not creating any scoring chances. Until he raises his effort levels, he's not moving up lines, if anything he should be demoted.

It's hard to create scoring chances when you're playing with two guys who can't score.

I understand the idea of Bert being on the top line, but having Homer on the line keeps it simple for the Eurotwins. Bert has more skill, yes, but he does not win the puck battles that Homer does in the offensive zone. Homer gets the puck to PAvs and Z, and then goes to the net and lets them work their magic. It's simple, it works over and over again, so I do not understand why Babcock refuses to do it.

Except Homer isn't an every day player anymore, according to Babcock's philosophy this season.

You can't have him playing on the top line every other game. Breaks chemistry that way.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 28 October 2011 - 09:18 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#363 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Pavel Datsyuk -2
Nicklas Lidstrom -2
Henrik Zetterberg -2
Tomas Holmstrom -1
Danny Cleary -1

ouch.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#364 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

Pavel Datsyuk -2
Nicklas Lidstrom -2
Henrik Zetterberg -2
Tomas Holmstrom -1
Danny Cleary -1

ouch.

Aaron Downey +1

#365 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

*patiently awaits the mayhem*

*grabs popcorn*

Posted Image

#366 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Do you know what I like about the Red Wings? In my 15+ years as a fan, I've never seen them miss the playoffs, raise four Cups, produce some of the best players that this and any generation will ever see, do the unthinkable and put teams together like 2002 and even the 2008 squad in the salary cap era that missed another cup by one game, a GM who doesn't make knee-jerk reactions and trade assets for rentals and has faith that the team's they have will be successful.

The negativity on this board blows myf****** mind. The Wings haven't had it easy like the Hawks, Penguins and Capitals who have put their fans through hell while piling up draft picks that finally led to some success. They put good teams together with good late drafting and signing key free agents.

No wonder no one respects Wings fans... the comments on this thread just confirm the fact that everyone thinks that they're arrogant, spoiled fans. It's three weeks into thef****** season... knock this s*** off.

I don't care if the Wings win it all or miss the playoffs, I'll continue to watch these guys do this thing and enjoy Lidstrom's potential last season while everyone attempts to kill themselves after EVERY SINGLE LOSS.

#367 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Homer is not an every other game player. And Babcock's philosophy is off this season so far. He needs to make better decisions with his lines. A couple years ago, Cleary getting 0 points in 6 games with PAvs nad Z, playing as bad as he has been, would not STILL be on that line. Homer played a great game tonight, and when he was out there with Pavs and Z tonight, they were all dominant every shift. IMO, starting tomorrow night, Homer should be on that line, and I would not mind to see cleary be a healthy scratch tomorrow night. He is a great player, but maybe he needs a game to clear his head.

#368 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

well that was a bit painful to watch.
surely the no goal was a kick in the arse.
hopefully they bounce back for tomorrow night against Cal "Icantbelieveitsnotbutter"cluck and the minnesota wild :cool:

#369 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

I didn't catch the game so I don't really know how they played. But I saw Zetterberg was 14-3 in faceoffs which helped my fantasy team :).

#370 Sebastian88

Sebastian88

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: .....RED HOT WINGS .... RED HOT WINGS .... RED HOT WINGS ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#371 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

All of this could have been avoided if John Erskine played for the Wings.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#372 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: .....RED HOT WINGS .... RED HOT WINGS .... RED HOT WINGS ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

I see you joined just to troll.

#373 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

Seriously guys, can we agree that Kenny needs to make some sort of move by the deadline if we are to beat the sharks in a 7 game series? I mean it is pretty evident that we need help beyond just 13, 40 and 5. What do you think the best options would be?

#374 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

This 2. Sharks have our number and have had it for awhile now. Our team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs...

Then give up now and spare us your defeatist nonsense.

#375 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Just got back. Loved Z's game tonight, great to see him score. Really didn't play all that well in the 2nd.

Oh yeah, loved that call on Homer in the 1st period. Not.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#376 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Seriously guys, can we agree that Kenny needs to make some sort of move by the deadline if we are to beat the sharks in a 7 game series?

Why is consensus on this important to you? I don't understand.

Can't beat SJ, bottom line.

I'm just waiting on when you'll say that if we had Ritola, everything would be different.

In other news, I see you got hit on the head and forgot about last postseason. The Sharks won that series on two absurd bounces in OT.

Edited by Crymson, 28 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.

#377 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

Cuz its pretty evident to a lot of fans, yet kenny does not recognize the need for change. He has dressed pretty much the same team the past 2 years and this year, and wouldn't you know, we still have trouble winning against the sharks. We are right there with them, but they end up winning. We need a minor change to better them.

#378 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

Do you know what I like about the Red Wings? In my 15+ years as a fan, I've never seen them miss the playoffs, raise four Cups, produce some of the best players that this and any generation will ever see, do the unthinkable and put teams together like 2002 and even the 2008 squad in the salary cap era that missed another cup by one game, a GM who doesn't make knee-jerk reactions and trade assets for rentals and has faith that the team's they have will be successful.

The negativity on this board blows myf****** mind. The Wings haven't had it easy like the Hawks, Penguins and Capitals who have put their fans through hell while piling up draft picks that finally led to some success. They put good teams together with good late drafting and signing key free agents.

No wonder no one respects Wings fans... the comments on this thread just confirm the fact that everyone thinks that they're arrogant, spoiled fans. It's three weeks into thef****** season... knock this s*** off.

I don't care if the Wings win it all or miss the playoffs, I'll continue to watch these guys do this thing and enjoy Lidstrom's potential last season while everyone attempts to kill themselves after EVERY SINGLE LOSS.

I agree with you 100%. It has gotten so bad on these forums to the point that I am going to other hockey forum boards to be active. Reading all the negativity on these boards really does make me feel the way that you do. I will also add another word into your definition and that is "entitled". Many wings fans feel just because they put a team on the ice, that they are entitled to a victory. This is the kind of attitude that you breed when your team never misses the playoffs and has won 4 stanley cups. This forum really does need an enema.

Then I read some of the positive comments from the great fans on this forum and it makes me change my mind. For as many negative fans, there are some positive ones that actually know the game of hockey. These are the people that I keep coming back to this forum for.

I am watching a DVR recording of the game now. I was watching the Griffins get beat soundly by the Heat tonight. It looks like it is going to be a close game just from the first 10 minutes of the game.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#379 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

Cuz its pretty evident to a lot of fans, yet kenny does not recognize the need for change.

So what are you going to do? Start a movement? Develop a petition?

#380 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Why is consensus on this important to you? I don't understand.

I'm just waiting on when you'll say that if we had Ritola, everything would be different.

In other news, I see you got hit on the head and forgot about last postseason. The Sharks won that series on two absurd bounces in OT.

Absurd bounces?

More like an absurd post. Stop making childish excuses each time we lose in the playoffs.

According to some people here, we haven't legitimately lost a series in like 8 years.

I agree with you 100%. It has gotten so bad on these forums to the point that I am going to other hockey forum boards to be active. Reading all the negativity on these boards really does make me feel the way that you do. I will also add another word into your definition and that is "entitled". Many wings fans feel just because they put a team on the ice, that they are entitled to a victory. This is the kind of attitude that you breed when your team never misses the playoffs and has won 4 stanley cups. This forum really does need an enema.

Then I read some of the positive comments from the great fans on this forum and it makes me change my mind. For as many negative fans, there are some positive ones that actually know the game of hockey. These are the people that I keep coming back to this forum for.

I am watching a DVR recording of the game now. I was watching the Griffins get beat soundly by the Heat tonight. It looks like it is going to be a close game just from the first 10 minutes of the game.

I am unhappy about the way we're playing, Nightfall.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 28 October 2011 - 10:24 PM.