• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Vladdy artwork exhibition in Royal Oak

Rate this topic

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=598573

Vladimir Konstantinov and his family, in conjunction with Gallery U & Boutique of Royal Oak, will present 42 of the former Red Wing’s works of art in a public exhibition November 17.

At the show, the gallery will predominantly feature Konstantinov’s signed and framed paintings, which visitors will be able to view and purchase.

Those who buy one of Konstantinov’s pieces will get an opportunity to meet the former Wing.

Proceeds from the exhibition will be donated to the Brain Injury Association of Michigan, a non-profit organization that provides education, advocacy, research opportunities, and support groups to brain injury victims, their families and the people who assist them.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Anyway, Vladdy has been painting as part of his rehab and they're having an exhibition of some of his work. Proceeds from the sale of his artwork will benefit the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.

http://chevydetroit.com/vladimir-konstantinov-and-gallery-u-boutique-animals-inspirations-hockey-tbi-rehabilitation-art-royal-oak/

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Thank you for posting. Probably won't be able to buy anything, but it's very nice to see his involvement still with the community and raising for a good cause.

We'll always remember Vladdy!

I love to see that kind of stuff. I'm thinking of going into a master's for art therapy.

I hope you do that. I can't imagine how fulfilling it would be to change peoples' lives with art and beauty.

Harold, thanks for posting this. It brought tears to my eyes. If I had the funds, I would definitely own an original Vlady work of art.

I'd love to see the work he's done...I bet it's pretty awesome. What a lovely thing to have happen to him after all the adversity he's been through.

this got me looking at youtube videos about his story.....always gets me. we criticize players, and sometimes forget their people, hes an amazing person, and a hero. we love ya vladdy, you had as big of a part in the 98 cup win as any player on the roster. you went from being on top of the world to a coma, to not being able 2 speak or walk, and continue to be determined to get better everyday.

i will be kicking myself forever over missing this...my only consolation is having money set aside for his next art show...and having one of his paintings inked on me...