• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matemate

Jiri Hudler Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Now the question becomes, if he keeps playing like this and comes in around 55-60 points for the season...should we re-sign him and how much is $ is a reasonable contract?

Beat me to it. I'm sure management will be considering it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the Winged Wheel next year. I'm not moved either way but there's bound to be a few guys here would hate that, but if he's going to put up numbers like that a reasonably priced contract would not be out of the question.

Now the question becomes, if he keeps playing like this and comes in around 55-60 points for the season...should we re-sign him and how much is $ is a reasonable contract?

Wanted to give this thread a bump. And this ^^^^^^^

My thoughts exactly. His value definitely has risen...

Beat me to it. I'm sure management will be considering it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the Winged Wheel next year. I'm not moved either way but there's bound to be a few guys here would hate that, but if he's going to put up numbers like that a reasonably priced contract would not be out of the question.

Sorry missed your post. I for one was a hater on Huds last year cause well he was invisible on the ice last season. This season he's a bit more noticable and the points NOW are coming. So good, about time. So yes now I'm a bit indifferent about him.

I'm indifferent on the guy. I don't hate him like some in here, but it probably wouldn't kill me if he wasn't around anymore.

No denying he's currently on a hot streak right now.

Only thing I really have against him is he needs to shoot more.

I'd call him more average than poor. And he doesn't try to make passes that are above his ability level.

Honestly I wish we could say that for all of our players. One thing Bert does that drives me nuts is try to make silly, fancy passes that are way too risky. I wish he had that kind of good sense.

I'm indifferent on the guy. I don't hate him like some in here, but it probably wouldn't kill me if he wasn't around anymore.

No denying he's currently on a hot streak right now.

Only thing I really have against him is he needs to shoot more.

Yeah. He's top 60 in the league in goals. Imagine if he were shooting at the level Hudler-haters seem to think he needs to be? Top 30? Top 15? Top 5?

Yeah. He's top 60 in the league in goals. Imagine if he were shooting at the level Hudler-haters seem to think he needs to be? Top 30? Top 15? Top 5?

I'm not a Hudler hater but I think it's a valid argument he needs to shoot more. There's many instances where he's in a great scoring position and he opts to pass, which results in a shot from a lower percentage scoring position.

It's not hate, it's really that he's got a great shot and needs to think more like a sniper. Some games he still has some of that "pass first" mentality.

Never forget the magic words - Contract. Year.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. The guy finally has some consistent line mates, has had some time to adjust to the NHL and had a summer to get in the best shape of his career. He is playing the best hockey of his career and I think he provides the most value for the buck. Everyone who constantly calls out for him to be traded needs to look at what he has done this year for the team. He has been great!