Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Not a fan of this second line withought fil..Hope he's alright

#142 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm a few minutes behind on the DVR and just saw that slew foot on Filppula. I think he's going to be OK, but how the hell dis they not call it? Oh yeah, O'Halloran is reffing.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#143 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Redbird 1 leave early?

#144 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Redbird 1 leave early?

They're up to Redbird 3 now :P

Why does everyone blame the goalie when the team is playing poorly? As noted the Avs are outshooting us so we need to start getting some quality shots for even a chance to score a goal. And why does the team play differently in front of him instead of Jimmy. If they aren't confident with Ty then they should be playing more defensively..doesn't seem like that when we allow them so many shots on net.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#145 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Eh. Decent call, but they have been letting interference go all game. Twice Abby was knocked down away from the puck.

#146 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,768 posts

Need to kill this PP and regroup for the third.

#147 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Ericsson sucks.

#148 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Cool flashback with Strader giving the call for Probert-Domi round 2.

Colorado is just buzzing the net this period. They just gained so much energy after the garbage goal. The Wings need to regroup and come out hard in the 3rd, though I'd like it even better if the pop a late equalizer.

#149 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

sick pass by big E! right on the tape!

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#150 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

And how was that NOT a penalty??

Looking at that replay and how Flip skated off, I think he will be okay.

Least not we forget, when he broke his leg before, he skated off on his own power. Let's hope all it is was a tweak and this is jus for safety reasons because this team CANNOT afford to lose Filppula.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#151 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

They're up to Redbird 3 now :P

Why does everyone blame the goalie when the team is playing poorly? As noted the Avs are outshooting us so we need to start getting some quality shots for even a chance to score a goal. And why does the team play differently in front of him instead of Jimmy. If they aren't confident with Ty then they should be playing more defensively..doesn't seem like that when we allow them so many shots on net.

Shots are 16-3 Colorado with 2:20 left according to tsn.ca. That isn't Conklin's fault. They need to tighten up big time.

Least not we forget, when he broke his leg before, he skated off on his own power. Let's hope all it is was a tweak and this is jus for safety reasons because this team CANNOT afford to lose Filppula.

I'd forgotten that. That's not something I'd like to see a replay of in any shape or form. I agree the Wings can't afford to lose him. I really hope it's just precautionary since I don't want to see Fil's killer season derailed.

#152 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

That was one terrible period. Hopefully the next one is better.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#153 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Yeah. And with how he skated off it looked like he might have even been able to return, so to rule him out so soon is a bit of a concern.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#154 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Conks hasn't been all that bad tonight. Wings just slept during the 2nd, could have went down by more than 1 goal, but whatever.

Hoping for a breakthrough in the third

bringit.jpg

#155 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

TSN has a final shot count for the 2nd as 19-4 Colorado. Maybe this will be like the TB game and they'll blow it open in the 4rd. That was a terrible period, they got seriously outplayed. One goal Conklin didn't really have a chance on, the second was just... well I'm sure Mickey would have had a colorful comment if he was in the booth. Regroup for the third, come out with the pedal to the metal and tie it early then blow it open.

#156 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

We should be good in the 4rd. Wings had a terrible defensive breakdown in the first minute and then brainfarts all around on the second goal. Wings got a nice power nap in during the second and should come out and dominate this final period.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#157 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

It's like what Babs said about bad things happening during the games and sticking with it. Fil got injured, a convenient little monkey wrench into their flow, got into a little bit of a disarray. Luckily they are only down by one goal. They still got a chance if they let go of that 2nd period performance and keep playing.

#158 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Game on!!

Let's have a good 4rd....hopefully we'll see the Wings from the 1st period.

Let's Go Wings!!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#159 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

The Anaheim f***s blew another lead. Minnesota came back from a 2-0 lead and are now winning 3-2 in the 2nd intermission. f*** minni

Edited by wingsfan4795, 04 December 2011 - 09:52 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#160 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Dear Bertuzzi: Please teach Shane O'Brien a lesson like last season.

#NOMOREKINDL