• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

NHL Trades

Rate this topic

Another trade! The deadline is near!

Bob McKenzie:

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, TB trades Dom Moore and 7th round pick to SJ for a 2nd round pick. Done deal.

Tampa plays the Sharks tonight. And that 2nd was originally Minny's.

Edited by Tim.D

2nd rounder for a 3rd line Center?

Edit: Its the going rate I suppose.

It's his going rate. haha.

Here's supposedly where the deal went down: (via Brodie Brazil on Twitter)

518768410.jpg?Expires=1329439908&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=AkQHtJkVa28eyZYBr5--AzMCKdzBFZrr5GIn6xwwJ0-Difk7bryicELxzX~qEKXXrcF56RfzQjAwXatmA9iuM6M~PQ1Uhf4yaljIUIzUNvgWN2J34jpPleZh~iTNsRWj42JWq4sMmuBJP5ilBOQn2jOuRO183fLk09Y8OBW9qN4_

I really want Selanne but I especially doubt it now because the Ducks are playing extremely well right now... Also, I just wanna say I hope some wings fans will not be pissed if the wings go out and just trade for a guy like Moen or Gaustad, both would be fantastic additions to this roster

Reminder: Steve Y. is not our GM. :ph34r:

Flipping Moore (signable in the off season if Tampa really wants him back) for a 2nd rounder ain't too shabby.

(and yes, I know there was implied sarcasm in the above posts)

Edited by e_prime

my source told me the habs trade hall gill to the preds

more to come.

WOW the preds got raped in this one if this tweet is correct:

Canadiens acquire B. Geoffrion, R. Slaney, and 2nd round draft pick in 2012 from NSH for H. Gill and a conditional 5th round pick in 2013

things starting to heat up a bit

WOW the preds got raped in this one if this tweet is correct:

Canadiens acquire B. Geoffrion, R. Slaney, and 2nd round draft pick in 2012 from NSH for H. Gill and a conditional 5th round pick in 2013

i dont think its that bad really, preds are gearing up for a run.

things starting to heat up a bit

i dont think its that bad really, preds are gearing up for a run.

I suppose I've always been in the mind that Skillsy is ******* awful. He's a big clown who can't skate, pass or shoot. He's huge, won a cup and blocks a ton of shots. I don't think a top prospect and a 2nd round pick is equal value for that. However, have fun in Nashville ya big oaf :thumbup:

I do like how things are heating up though, make things a bit more interesting.

Interesting move.

I think the Preds just need another forward who can score some goals and they will be scary.

The interesting thing is you could apply your quote to any of the Predator teams we've seen over the last 5 years and it'd be equally true. It makes you wonder if the long-term need for a certain type of player seen for some franchises (goaltending in Philly, Scorers in Nashville) has more to do with their system/organization than their talent pool. Look at Lindsey Ruff's teams-- it seems like he usually manages to get his players to produce offensively at a level that's above their career averages (with the exception of the s***show going on in Buffalo this season).

gill is a pain in the ass... for homer. he's seen enough of gill during two scf in 2008 and 2009. now, it is another three or two meetings for the rest of the regular season and possible playoff series...

well, anyway. could this acquisition mean that nsh is giving up on talks to their free-agent defensmen?

Edited by ami

gill is a pain in the ass... for homer. he's seen enough of gill during two scf in 2008 and 2009. now, it is another three or two meetings for the rest of the regular season and possible playoff series...

well, anyway. could this acquisition mean that nsh is giving up on talks to their free-agent defensmen?

Maybe...or they are trying to show him that they are committed to winning. By getting Gill, they are showing the commitment to winning Weber (or Suter I can't remember who said this) has talked about the organization not having.

This is a big move for them. They are finally making some big moves and trying to become a constant power and a permanent pain in the ass for the Red Wings. I think this trade is going to wake up Holland going to make him think more about the deadline and the off season ahead.