• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

See, here's my concern about free agency; I'm all for Suter and The way contracts have gone in recent years, I just don't understand how anyone can realistically expect otherwise. And much as I love the Wings, I really don't see this "they'll want to play for Detroit because it's Detroit" being grounded in reality.

Link

Evidently Detroit is currently the second favorite choice for players.

Worse yet, More players would rather play for Quenneville than Babcock. :blink:

Edited by MidMichSteve

Link

Evidently Detroit is currently the second favorite choice for players.

Worse yet, More players would rather play for Quenneville than Babcock. :blink:

Yeah, by 1% and last season's poll had Detroit at #1. It is only obvious that if 15% of the players would want to play for Chicago, that their head coach would be #1 as well. OF course last season Bylsma was #1 with Detroit being #1...

...besides, that whole come to Detroit because it's Detroit has died down since the Cap era began. More parity in the league has led to more successful teams. But one thing cannot be denied, no matter who "wants" to come play here, the ones that do rarely ever leave and it hasn't stopped the Big Red Machine from being the most successful NHL franchise in the last 20+ years! Which is huge considering that the "CAP" and "PARITY" was supposed to bring Detroit Monster down to its knees...

...epic fail by Bettman. Maybe he will try again this summer...

Yeah, by 1% and last season's poll had Detroit at #1. It is only obvious that if 15% of the players would want to play for Chicago, that their head coach would be #1 as well. OF course last season Bylsma was #1 with Detroit being #1...

...besides, that whole come to Detroit because it's Detroit has died down since the Cap era began. More parity in the league has led to more successful teams. But one thing cannot be denied, no matter who "wants" to come play here, the ones that do rarely ever leave and it hasn't stopped the Big Red Machine from being the most successful NHL franchise in the last 20+ years! Which is huge considering that the "CAP" and "PARITY" was supposed to bring Detroit Monster down to its knees...

...epic fail by Bettman. Maybe he will try again this summer...

:clap:

:clap:

Thank you... I guess to sum up my opinion, if a player doesn't have a desire to play in Detroit, then he is not Detroit material and would probably be worthless in our lineup...

I don't care how "great" the player is, if he doesn't think that he would have a greater shot at winning a Cup in Detroit than he would in LA then I feel sorry for the guy...and he will be just another perennial all-star that has never won a Cup. That makes for a great feel-good story come playoff time, but when that player's team is eventually eliminated, that is where the story ends...again. Not saying Detroit is the only place to go to win a Cup, but the past cannot be denied and if Detroit is not on every players top 5 list of places they'd want to play, then something is mentally wrong with that player...hell even Forsberg considered it but felt he would be betraying his fans and for that I actually give him credit. I would hate to see any of our "dynasty" players play for the Avs...

Edited by LeftWinger

Its becoming apparent to me that every trade deadline/free agency from here on out have changed as we know it. There are far too many teams and such like needs and only handfulls of game changing players to fill them....I still get geared up every time but it just feels a little different in the past few. When I look at our prospects though I get uber stoked and can't believe we are only ranked #15 right now, Im putting a lot of my eggs into our scouters baskets at this point.

While its comforting to see this team has no glaring needs... things may change come may/june. Sure would be nice if Kenny can get someone that can contribute; especially if it can be done cheaply.

While its comforting to see this team has no glaring needs... things may change come may/june. Sure would be nice if Kenny can get someone that can contribute; especially if it can be done cheaply.

It'd be nice to get a veteran D-man and a borderline 2-3 line center, so Babs has more options for lines come playoff time.

Guest Hatethedrake!

It'd be nice to get a veteran D-man and a borderline 2-3 line center, so Babs has more options for lines come playoff time.

I'd like to see Gaustad or Moen replace Emmerton in the line-up. Allen replace Kindl. But there are too many buyers right now and desperate teams like the Hawks will likely mortgage their future for quick fixes. Which is fine by me. I'm enjoying watching Stan Bowman run his team into the ground. :thumbup:

More in favor of not doing anything other than a lower line depth move. If we do anything major(for us)I hope and suspect Kenny will do something in line of the B. Stewart deal considering possible needs in the summer. I believe this route gives us what amounts to a rental with a greater than average chance to sign them in the off season. Who's a F/A or RF/A out there that you guy's think would be a good fit and VERY signable in that scenario?

I still believe that with the way the team has been playing, our goalie issues are over, our defense is fine, all we need is someone to turn our power play around. Teemu Selanne. If Holland can get Selanne for a cheap price (if he is available) that would more than turn our power play around and in turn, turn our road record around. But if nothing is available at the right price, Holland will probably stay put and address whatever issues in the off season.

Edited by LeftWinger

putting commie in instead of kindl would bea good trade deadline move. :ph34r:

I think the Wings have a very hard time against a quick aggressive fore-check. I'd say it's our biggest weakness.

I really like Commodore, but he is so slow; exposing us more to said weakness.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread.

@SpectorsHockey: RT @L_A_theRiver: #Wings reportedly interested in #Habs Moen, would part with 2nd rounder from '12 draft, Xavier Ouellet - hometown boy http://t.co/vLdcjAW6
I know the Habs said he's not available, but never say never this tine of year, especially when Ken Holland is involved. Edited by Ozzie30