• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just like last years thread, I'll be making updates as fast as humanly possible. Feel free to post any transactions (regardless of team) within this thread and I'll add it to the chart as quickly as I can.

Note: Transactions involving *only* non-roster players since January 1st are not listed here.

LAST UPDATED (2-27-2012, 4:13 PM ET)

February 27, 2012 (14 Total Transactions)

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Andrew Gordon

Anaheim Acquires: (D) Sebastian Erixon

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Zack Kassian, (D) Marc-Andre Gragnani

Buffalo Acquires: (F) Cody Hodgson, (D) Alexander Sulzer

New York Rangers Acquire: (D) John Scott

Chicago Acquires: 5th-Round Pick

Boston Acquires: (D) Greg Zanon

Minnesota Acquires: (D) Steve Kampfer

Nashville Acquires: (F) Paul Gaustad, 4th-Round Pick

Buffalo Acquires: 1st-Round Pick

Boston Acquires: (D) Brian Rolston, (D) Mike Mottau

New York Islanders Acquire: (F) Yannick Riendeau, (D) Marc Cantin

Chicago Acquires: (D) Johnny Oduya

Winnipeg Acquires: 2nd-Round Pick (2013), 3rd-Round Pick (2013)

Vancouver Acquires: (F) Sami Pahlsson

Columbus Acquires: 4th-Round Pick (TBA), 4th-Round Pick (TBA)

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Brian Lee

Ottawa Acquires: (D) Matt Gilroy

San Jose Acquires: (F) Daniel Winnik, (F) T.J. Galiardi, 7th-Round Pick

Colorado Acquires: (F) Jamie McGinn, (F) Mike Connolly, (F) Michael Sgarbossa

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Keith Aulie

Toronto Acquires: (F) Carter Ashton

Minnesota Acquires: (D) Tom Gilbert

Edmonton Acquires: (D) Nick Schultz

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Mike Commadore

Detroit Acquires: Conditional 7th-Round Pick

Nashville Acquires: (F) Andrei Kostitsyn

Montreal Acquires: 2nd-Round Pick (2013), Conditional 5th-Round Pick (2013)

February 26, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Ottawa Acquires: (G) Ben Bishop

St. Louis Acquires: 2nd-Round Pick (2013)

February 25, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Florida Acquires: (F) Wojtek Wolski

New York Rangers Acquires: (D) Mike Vernace, 3rd-Round Pick (2013)

February 24, 2012 (2 Total Transactions)

New Jersey Acquires: (D) Marek Zidlicky

Minnesota Acquires:(D) Kurtis Foster, (F) Nick Palmieri, (F) Stephane Veilleux, 2nd-Round Pick (2012), 3rd-Round Pick (2013-conditional)

Florida Acquires: (F) Jerred Smithson

Nashville Acquires: 6th-Round Pick (2012)

February 23, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Los Angeles Acquires: (F) Jeff Carter

Columbus Acquires: (D) Jack Johnson, 1st-Round Pick (2013-conditional)

February 22, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Phoenix Acquires: (F) Antoine Vermette

Columbus Acquires: (G) Curtis McElhinney, 2nd-Round Pick (2012), 5th-Round Pick (2013-conditional)

February 21, 2012 (2 Total Transactions)

Detroit Acquires: (D) Kyle Quincey

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Sebastien Piche, 1st-Round Pick (2012)

Colorado Acquires: (F) Steve Downie

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Kyle Quincey

February 18, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Philadelphia Acquires: (D) Pavel Kubina

Tampa Bay Acquires: (F) Jon Kalinski, 2nd-Round Pick (2012 or 2013), 4th-Round Pick (2013)

February 17, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Nashville Acquires: (D) Hal Gill, Conditional 5th-Round Pick (2013)

Montreal Acquires: (F) Blake Geoffrion, (F) Robert Slaney, 2nd-Round Pick (2012)

February 16, 2011 (2 Total Transactions)

San Jose Acquires: (F) Dominic Moore, 7th-Round Pick

Tampa Bay Acquires: 2nd-Round Pick (2012)

Philadelphia Acquires: (D) Nicklas Grossman

Dallas Acquires: 2nd-Round Pick (2012), 3rd-Round Pick (2013)

February 3, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

New York Rangers Acquire: (F) Casey Wellman

Minnesota Acquires: (F) Erik Christensen, 7th-Round Pick (2013)

January 27, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Chicago Acquires: (F) Brendan Morrison

Calgary Acquires: (D) Brian Connelly

January 20, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

New Jersey Acquires: (F) Alexei Ponikarovsky

Carolina Acquires: (D) Joe Sova, 4th-Round Pick

January 12, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Calgary Acquires: (F) Michael Cammalleri, (G) Karri Ramo, 5th-Round Pick (2012)

Montreal Acquires: (F) Rene Bourque, (F) Patrick Holland, 2nd-Round Pick (2013)

January 6, 2012 (1 Total Transaction)

Tampa Bay Acquires: (D) Brendan Mikkelson

Calgary Acquires: (F) Blair Jones

Thanks. Do you want me to post rumor information here on in my thread in the Rumor Mill?

Due to the Hall Gill trade, Erik Cole will wear the "A" for Montreal.

Edited by Tim.D

Thanks. Do you want me to post rumor information here on in my thread in the Rumor Mill?

Discussion regarding rumors on the trade deadline are kind of a whole new animal. It might be best to keep that in the rumor mill, but if people post in either of our threads rumors about what might happen, its not the end of the world unless it gets out of hand. There's a section obviously for that, but a comment here and there isn't going to invoke the police.

Cheers Tim and sorry for being late this year.

I'll do a daily post here with some rumors, and I'll edit that post unless something major turns up. For now:

-Smyth won't be traded anymore, but heard Detroit was perusing him.

-DD reports via Twitter that Detroit is in on Kubina. Deal could be done soon. Philly another candidate.

im still hearing that Detroit is scouting the Sabres hard.

Gaustad, Boyes and Roy are all possible targets there.

Ive also heard the Kubina deal may actually materialize in the next 48 hours.

also just heard that the Flyers are reportedly in discussions with CBJ for Nash...

Kubina? I'm alright with that, but for nothing more than a 3rd round draft pick or you're gettin' robbed!

Agreed. He seems to offer a very limited upside (powerplay) so we better not give up much for him. I'm sure he'd be fine as a bottom pairing defenseman, but nothing more.

Colorado is looking to deal defensemen. Shane O'Brien is a UFA at the end of the season. I say we pick him up for a draft pick, see how he plays with Ericsson on the 3rd pairing, and if he floats, get him signed on for next year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Commodore is gonna see much more playing time, especially if we acquire another defenseman. To be honest, I'd rather have O'Brien than Commodore. I've also heard Ryan Wilson could be dealt out of Denver. He's a little more versatile. I'd be happy with either of the two, but the question is, although the rivalry is long gone, would Detroit even make a trade with Colorado?

The #Redwings were going hard after both Gill and Kubina and lost out on both. I suspect that Ken Holland won't let this deter his d-hunt.

from michael grossi of the 4th period

who is kenny going after? so glad he didn't get either of these pylons.

Kubina would've been such a nightmare

The #Redwings were going hard after both Gill and Kubina and lost out on both. I suspect that Ken Holland won't let this deter his d-hunt.

from michael grossi of the 4th period

who is kenny going after? so glad he didn't get either of these pylons.

So you the saw this guy tweeting that bull on twitter?!?

I have to say AGAIN. Our D is the strongest part of the team now, and to try to improve it means we lose either a forward or a defenseman when we are playing better than anyone else. It would be FOOLISH to make a move, and depth is not needed.

We have Smith, Exelby, and Janik all ready to step in if we need them. How many d can be traded away before we realize we don't need anyone, especially at these crazy high prices for so-so players.

Everyone who wants us to make a trade, better not complain if Kindl becomes Quincey or Emmerton becomes Fleichman.

KENNY, JUST SAY NO TO DEPTH TRADES!!!

Unless you can pull off a true top six goal scorer who will shoot first and skate... just walk away.

I truly believe our options are so few and the prices are so high, we can't be involved in the deadline this year. We need to let the farm grow, and the youngsters on the roster prove themselves. Free agency the next two years has too much potential and too much on the line to risk our own adding pieces now.

Edited by Majsheppard

Colorado is looking to deal defensemen. Shane O'Brien is a UFA at the end of the season. I say we pick him up for a draft pick, see how he plays with Ericsson on the 3rd pairing, and if he floats, get him signed on for next year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Commodore is gonna see much more playing time, especially if we acquire another defenseman. To be honest, I'd rather have O'Brien than Commodore. I've also heard Ryan Wilson could be dealt out of Denver. He's a little more versatile. I'd be happy with either of the two, but the question is, although the rivalry is long gone, would Detroit even make a trade with Colorado?

i would take wilson, he has had some concussion issues but when he is on his game he is a better hitter than kronwall.

I truly believe our options are so few and the prices are so high, we can't be involved in the deadline this year. We need to let the farm grow, and the youngsters on the roster prove themselves. Free agency the next two years has too much potential and too much on the line to risk our own adding pieces now.

I agree, and I am all for signing Suter and Parise over the summer, but damn I wish we could get someone to help this team on the road and their power play...I just don't see our team getting past San Jose or Vancouver if they stay pat. I hope I am wrong, but they aren't gonna win ALL their home games, they need to get that road and power play addressed....

I am all for signing Suter and Parise over the summer...

See, here's my concern about free agency; I'm all for Suter and Parise too, I think everyone can agree on that. The thing is, does anyone really think prices are going to go down this summer? After the whole Richards circus, I have to think that a) some team is going to be absolutely willing to give up assets to get the negotiating rights in both cases, and b) some teams are going to offer ridiculous money. I have to see it taking 8 million+ per year to sign one of these guys. The way contracts have gone in recent years, I just don't understand how anyone can realistically expect otherwise. And much as I love the Wings, I really don't see this "they'll want to play for Detroit because it's Detroit" being grounded in reality.

I understand and in principle support the "we don't overpay" mantra. My worry, though, is that Holland and we as fans are going to have to adjust what we think of as an "overpayment" for a top free-agent or top player in a trade. Maybe it's just me.

See, here's my concern about free agency; I'm all for Suter and Parise too, I think everyone can agree on that. The thing is, does anyone really think prices are going to go down this summer? After the whole Richards circus, I have to think that a) some team is going to be absolutely willing to give up assets to get the negotiating rights in both cases, and b) some teams are going to offer ridiculous money. I have to see it taking 8 million+ per year to sign one of these guys. The way contracts have gone in recent years, I just don't understand how anyone can realistically expect otherwise. And much as I love the Wings, I really don't see this "they'll want to play for Detroit because it's Detroit" being grounded in reality.

I understand and in principle support the "we don't overpay" mantra. My worry, though, is that Holland and we as fans are going to have to adjust what we think of as an "overpayment" for a top free-agent or top player in a trade. Maybe it's just me.

I agree and see your concern. I think if Holland is to land one or both Parise and Suter he is gonna have to offer a ton of money and a long contract. But I surely hope he does and doesn't have that "We're Detroit" attitude, because it hasn't been working with the UFA's. Of course a Stanley Cup victory would make it a bit easier to sign them, and maybe even at a bit of a discount. Example being, Brad Stuart and Marion Hossa, both of which were UFA's after Detroit's 2008 win, and both of which took discounts to come/stay here. But ya, offer both $8M for at least 5 years apiece and if someone else gives them more money, so be it. At least Holland wouldn't be low-balling them...

But ya, offer both $8M for at least 5 years apiece and if someone else gives them more money, so be it. At least Holland wouldn't be low-balling them...

Yep, totally agree. Give a realistic offer. If Philly, for example, wants to go nuts again and blow up their team to offer $100M over 10 years... well, good luck with that; I'm absolutely fine with not trying to compete with outright fricking crazy.

I also agree though that if we could put up a cup win, or even just get them to Detroit, Holland and co. could bring them around to staying here for a reasonable rate. You never know.