• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - February 27th, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Datsyuk is one player, and the team has been having issues without him.

With Crosby out, Malkin has been tearing it up. Not to mention they have Neal and Staal to help out.

Chicago has Hossa (inb4 Hossa/Franzen debate) and Kane (theoretically) to help, but with Kane crapping the bed they haven't done well.

Detroit needs some help at the top 6, because Franzen plays much better as a complimentary piece and without Datsyuk that can't happen. I don't care if that is similar to other teams. Detroit wants to be the best, so they have to put themselves in a better position than other teams.

Hey, I want another top 6 fwd as much as the next guy...

Wings have enough players that can step up. To me it just seems that they either all step up together or not at all. (Not at all the last 3 games, sadly)

I've heard interviews with Canadian sports tv/radio personalities, and they hate trade deadline day. I've heard them say the day hasn't really had any meaning since the lockout, and most of the time they're just sitting around bored out of their minds.

To help them out I've decided not to watch it on TV, give their websites any hits, or listen to sports talk radio. Sounds like they'd appreciate less ratings :lol:

With that said, I'll just give this website/forum more traffic.

I've heard interviews with Canadian sports tv/radio personalities, and they hate trade deadline day. I've heard them say the day hasn't really had any meaning since the lockout, and most of the time they're just sitting around bored out of their minds.

To help them out I've decided not to watch it on TV, give their websites any hits, or listen to sports talk radio. Sounds like they'd appreciate less ratings :lol:

With that said, I'll just give this website/forum more traffic.

Dave Hodge called in sick today lol

Kyperos says Gaustad will be moved

Was a lot of talk that Buffalo was still trying to negotiate with him during the day. I do not want him. But if he went for a 3rd rounder I would be cool with it since it would fill the need for 4th line Center. The TSN panel said that Gaustad is in no way worth a 1st rd pick and if BUFF doesn't lower price don't blame people for not taking.

I hope Holland isn't content with second round playoff exits, because the fans sure as hell aren't.

The difference between being eliminated in Game 7 of the 2nd second round and making the SCF is smaller than many people think.

If we get better matchups in the playoffs, i.e. avoid San Jose, we could win it all with the team we have. Hell, even if we face SJ we could beat them because this year we are playing better and they are playing worse.

Guest stinky fish taco

I think we can compete and I like our cap space," Holland said. "If, after 60 games, we get to the (trade) deadline and are in a playoff position, we can make a deal. We haven't had that (cap space) the last couple of years.

We have cap space; we structured it at the beginning of the year that way. We'd like to give our team a bit of a boost.

KAWCh.gif