• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

#201 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Minnesota bloody murder NJ on that trade. What was Lou thinking? LOL. Too many so far and keep em coming till Monday : )

#202 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Mods don't remove any posts unless they break the forum rules.

you actually believe that? that's cute. Posted Image

Baiting does break the rules. You might want to read up on that one.

accepting a bet that someone else proposes is "baiting"? sure. Posted Image

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#203 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Brassard may be traded soon, I'm told.

#204 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Conditional 3rd also going to Wild. If I had to choose a winner it'd definitely be the Wild. Great return for a pending FA.

Capgeek seems to have his contract going through next year; am I reading that wrong? Still, pretty good return for Minny, it seems.

#205 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hemsky has just signed a 2-year deal with Edmonton for 10 mil. According to tsn.ca/nhl/ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good, mark him off Kenny's list (hopefully). :P

Does this mean that we'll have to resign Hudler for an actual zillion dollar?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#206 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hemsky isnt near anywhere CLOSE to 5 million dollars a year. That guy has been injured his whole career thankfully Holland stayed away.

#207 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

you actually believe that? that's cute. Posted Image

accepting a bet that someone else proposes is "baiting"? sure. Posted Image

Seeing as how he's a Mod, and you're not, I'd bet NFM25 knows more about post removal and LGW's Forum Rules than you do. And since this thread is about the Trade Deadline, and not an open debate of rules enforcement, I'd strongly suggest you keep any further discussion on topic.

LAST UPDATED (2-24-2012, 11:42 PM ET)

New Jersey Acquires: (D) Marek Zidlicky
Minnesota Acquires: (D) Kurtis Foster, (F) Nick Palmieri, (F) Stephane Veilleux, 2nd round pick in 2012 and a conditional draft pick in 2013

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#208 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hudler is a UFA this summer, correct? If so, his asking price just got higher and most likely he doesn't return to the Wings. Wonder if Holland will try harder to trade him now? Not an ideal situation as he is much needed depth scoring.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#209 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Minnesota bloody murder NJ on that trade. What was Lou thinking? LOL. Too many so far and keep em coming till Monday : )

See that's the problem, lou wasn't thinking. :lol:

I can't think of a logical reason why they would give out that much for Zidlicky, considering the other defensemen out there they could have gotten for that price.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#210 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hudler is a UFA this summer, correct? If so, his asking price just got higher and most likely he doesn't return to the Wings. Wonder if Holland will try harder to trade him now? Not an ideal situation as he is much needed depth scoring.

Ya, I mentioned this earlier saying now Hudler is gonna ask for at least $5M. I think Holland will just let him go over the summer. No one will want a pending UFA in trade, so he won't be traded at the deadline. I certainly hope and pray that Holland doesn't give him anything above $3.25M.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#211 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

See that's the problem, lou wasn't thinking. :lol:

I can't think of a logical reason why they would give out that much for Zidlicky, considering the other defensemen out there they could have gotten for that price.

Especially since Zidlicky was so vocal about wanting to be traded. You'd think that would make his price go down.

#212 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think a lot of Hudler's success is due to the way the wings play and how he fits in...similar to how Leino fit in with the Flyers. I think he has extremely high "bust" potential if he signs a big deal with another team.

#213 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ya, I mentioned this earlier saying now Hudler is gonna ask for at least $5M. I think Holland will just let him go over the summer. No one will want a pending UFA in trade, so he won't be traded at the deadline. I certainly hope and pray that Holland doesn't give him anything above $3.25M.

If I were Holland I would let him walk or trade him atleast. If we have any shot at Parise and/or Suter we are gonna have to part with some players in order to make it happen and Lidstrom if he comes back is gonna have to take a pay cut. I think its about time he does so anyway given the fact that he is over 40 years old. Sure we have him at a discount but I would say to his benefit he has had the chance to play for an owner that would never trade him and has paid him 11 million per year at one point. These players mak too much anyways but if we expect to get players of this caliber we have to be prepared to pony up the cash. This is what I hate about the salary floor. Teams that have no business spending that much money are giving players inflated contracts just to meet the criteria. Doesn't that screw with the pay scale for everyone else? The other thing I hate as well is players like Brian Campbell can be unloaded and thus helping teams that pay stupid contracts get out from underneath them.

Sorry for getting off topic, just felt like venting.

#214 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

If I were Holland I would let him walk or trade him atleast. If we have any shot at Parise and/or Suter we are gonna have to part with some players in order to make it happen and Lidstrom if he comes back is gonna have to take a pay cut. I think its about time he does so anyway given the fact that he is over 40 years old. Sure we have him at a discount but I would say to his benefit he has had the chance to play for an owner that would never trade him and has paid him 11 million per year at one point. These players mak too much anyways but if we expect to get players of this caliber we have to be prepared to pony up the cash. This is what I hate about the salary floor. Teams that have no business spending that much money are giving players inflated contracts just to meet the criteria. Doesn't that screw with the pay scale for everyone else? The other thing I hate as well is players like Brian Campbell can be unloaded and thus helping teams that pay stupid contracts get out from underneath them.

Sorry for getting off topic, just felt like venting.

It's ok to vent pal, its all good.... I hope Hudler doesn't return, to be honest. Trade him for a Jets Pizza, bag of pucks, or let him walk.

#215 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

It's ok to vent pal, its all good.... I hope Hudler doesn't return, to be honest. Trade him for a Jets Pizza, bag of pucks, or let him walk.

Yeah, who needs his 18 goals? What a scrub.

2nd in team scoring 18 goals, no less.

Edited by VM1138, 25 February 2012 - 10:11 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#216 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Only reason he's second on the team in scoring is because Zetterberg is having an off year. He won't be worth the money that he will ask for at the end of this season, guaranteed. It's fine to mark out over him like you're doing, but for the money he will want, they could get someone bigger who scores as much or more....

#217 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

I forgot to add, IF that Parise talk is true about his wishes to go to Detroit, someone would have to go.... There wouldn't be room for him in the Top 6 someone has to drop to the second line.....Would be too much money for a 3rd or 4th line player.

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Filppula Zetterberg Mule

#218 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Filppula Zetterberg Mule

I just pee'd my pants a little looking at that top 6 :siren: YES PLEASE :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#219 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

2 more sleeps until christmas
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#220 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Bob Duff ‏ @asktheduffer Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Babcock on #redwings likely #NHL trade deadline move: "We’re looking for a depth player."
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors