• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

With Kubina going to the Fly Guys, and the Wings supposedly offering a package for him, who are some other blue liners we may be interested in?

#2 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

quincey
visnovsky
regehr
pitkanen
staios

i am betting that holland is working on something we all haven't even thought of.

its his job, and he is wise.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#3 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

I can't remember an incidence when Holland did what rumors and fans predicted/hoped/expected. His trades are always completely out of the blue. In any event, i would love to see Malone or Morrow wearing a Wings sweater next week, especially after watching the game against the sharks. We need physical, smart, effective contributors just for the occasion that we vs the sharks in the playoffs.

Also, I'm scared to death what this team will look like when Stuart is gone. I'll probably get a lot of flak for this but I think he's been our best defenseman this year, lidstrom including. It seems like he singlehandedly stops a goal once every three games, and he's the only dman we have who is really effective in the corners against players like the sharks when the cycle is established, or during a tight dump and chase. I would love for holland to pick up a defenseman with a similar playing style to Stuart.

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

I agree, losing Stuart will be rough. I don't think a trade now will be the best way to fix that. I think if the Wings can get a hold of Suter... it will make losing Stuart acceptable.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

I've always liked Sheldon Souray. He is injury prone but when healthy he is pretty damn good.
I'm curious on what it would take to get a guy like that.

#6 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I can't remember an incidence when Holland did what rumors and fans predicted/hoped/expected. His trades are always completely out of the blue. In any event, i would love to see Malone or Morrow wearing a Wings sweater next week, especially after watching the game against the sharks. We need physical, smart, effective contributors just for the occasion that we vs the sharks in the playoffs.

Also, I'm scared to death what this team will look like when Stuart is gone. I'll probably get a lot of flak for this but I think he's been our best defenseman this year, lidstrom including. It seems like he singlehandedly stops a goal once every three games, and he's the only dman we have who is really effective in the corners against players like the sharks when the cycle is established, or during a tight dump and chase. I would love for holland to pick up a defenseman with a similar playing style to Stuart.

#7 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Allen or Carkner...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#8 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Marek zidlicky?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

I've always liked Sheldon Souray. He is injury prone but when healthy he is pretty damn good.
I'm curious on what it would take to get a guy like that.

Entirely too much money? Thats a big no thank you on my end for Souray, i'd rather observe at a distance like a lion in the wilderness.

I'd take Visnovsky, not entirely sure how realistic it is that he gets dealt within the week though. I really agree with what was said above by Echolalia, we can do all the predicting we want and the result will be a player out of left field that no one expects or was never mentioned in trade rumors.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg