• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Twitter is alive with suggestion that Dustin Brown could be available.

I would very much like to add him to the Wings.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

LA need scoring?

Hudler (hed be a rental I know)
Kindl
Tatar

2nd round pick.

Would that do it?

Doubt they trade him though...........
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

LA need scoring?

Hudler (hed be a rental I know)
Kindl
Tatar

2nd round pick.

Would that do it?

Doubt they trade him though...........

That is EXTREME overpayment.

I wouldn't mind Hudler being a part of it... I doubt they would want him.

I wouldn't mind making Cleary a part of the deal. I wouldn't mind sending Kindl as a part of the deal.

Tatar would be STUPID to move for Brown.

I wouldn't mind shipping Emmerton either.

I don't know how to massage that, but I think they want to get better right now.

I really would even consider offering them Quincey for Brown.

Bob McKenzie confirms Brown is in play.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#4 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I wouldn't mind making Cleary a part of the deal. I wouldn't mind sending Kindl as a part of the deal.

I don't know how to massage that, but I think they want to get better right now.

Settle down man. You started the thread and Im participating.

Who would you offer up for Brown?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#5 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Settle down man. You started the thread and I’m participating.

Who would you offer up for Brown?

I am not attacking you. I am just saying, I wouldn't give up Tatar.

Internet is poor for voice inflection.

Thanks for chipping in! :thumbup:

I also didn't think of Kindl until you spoke of it. I would move him for Brown, and the same goes for Hudler.

Edited by Majsheppard, 23 February 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#6 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/status/172862647467917312

I say YES - top six forward with Right hand shot - PERFECT FIT for Zetterberg and Flip!!!

Kindl/Hudler and 2nd for Brown
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#7 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

E for Brown. :ph34r:

(kidding)

#8 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

That's better idea:

E/Hudler/Emmerton and the 3rd pick for BROWN.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#9 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Always thought he would be the perfect fit with the wings. Go get him Kenny!

#10 RWHockey

RWHockey

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

I think the Wings need a higher scoring forward going into the playoffs. Z, Fil, and Franz do not have many shots on goal... though Z made and created many opportunities as he always does. We can use the help guys. The Canucks whom I highly dislike are going to be there as well as the Shark, Blues, and Hawks. We need more fire power up front.

#11 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Brown remainds me of Verbeek/Thomas type of players - the WINNERS.

#12 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

I wouldn't mind getting Dustin Brown. Depends on what we'd have to give though. I wonder why they would want to trade him? I know they just acquired Jeff Carter but still...

Posted Image

#13 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

i'd imagine the asking price would be high, and losing Johnson and to deal out Brown i'd assume they would seek a scoring defensemen in return at the very least. Would it be out of the question for them to try to get Visnovsky back in a deal? They shouldn't have dealt him in the first place imo.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#14 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

I wouldn't mind getting Dustin Brown. Depends on what we'd have to give though. I wonder why they would want to trade him? I know they just acquired Jeff Carter but still...

I know, it seems like a big mistake.

#15 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Brown remainds me of Verbeek/Thomas type of players - the WINNERS.

I'd take him in a second, unless it was just a ridiculous price. He's just not one of those names I expected to be moved within the next few days if it does happen.

I think the Wings need a higher scoring forward going into the playoffs. Z, Fil, and Franz do not have many shots on goal... though Z made and created many opportunities as he always does. We can use the help guys. The Canucks whom I highly dislike are going to be there as well as the Shark, Blues, and Hawks. We need more fire power up front.

Did you just copy and paste the same exact thing you posted here?

http://www.letsgowin...s/page__st__140

That's kind of a forum no-no.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#16 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

LA's not going to trade their captain to Detroit with the possibility that the two teams will play each other in the first round.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#17 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Stuart was in LA before he was a wing... If he plans to leave anyway maybe a deal could be worked that includes him for Brown? As much as I want to keep Stuart for the rest of this season/playoffs at least we'd be getting something for him.

Edited by BUHdactyl, 24 February 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#18 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Being they traded away jackjohnson. Stuart could be part of the deal to land brown but I think it would take more.

#19 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

When I heard he was available I immediately thought Holland will find a way. But since the past couple days, I don't even see the Wings making an offer.

Hurdler, Kindl, and a 2nd round pick for a franchise player like Brown just doesn't seem realistic
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Cleary, Emmerton have little trade value... They would want Tatar or Nyquist as part of a deal, along with a Top 6 player , trying to sound like im not flaming someone, but
they won't just give Brown away for our lower end roster. Would take something significant.