• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

how does that kill my point? and what does suspension worthy have to do with killing my point? Some people on here were using a fallacy on me including you apparently.

If there is intent to injure there is no argument. He should be suspended. Game was over and he was trying to hurt arguably our best game 1 player. Just classless

If there is intent to injure there is no argument. He should be suspended. Game was over and he was trying to hurt arguably our best game 1 player. Just classless

it wasn't attempt to egregiously injure, just rough up, but I never said he shouldn't be suspended did I? Fallacies...

shouldn't matter if it's reg season or playoffs...shanahan is preaching consistency. he should get 3 games.

I disagree as does the league, the league has consistently valued post season, regular season, and pre season games differently. I believe they used a 2 to 1 regular season to post season ratio for a suspension that was issued at the end of the season.

it wasn't attempt to egregiously injure, just rough up, but I never said he shouldn't be suspended did I? Fallacies...

What im saying is your argument is irrelevant. Your trying to say he could have done worse, but what he did was bad enough. It was uncalled for and the game was over. Also i was getting the vibe that you didnt think there should be a suspension cause weber "could have killed zetterberg", but he was nice enough to only slam his head a couple times.

ok, there I disagree.

That first punch didn't connect thankfully, but it was a Bertuzzi swing to the back of Z's head. Luckily he mostly whiffed and caught his shoulder.

I don't know where you draw the line as to what's an attempt to egregiously injure when you're throwing a punch at the back of a guys head and then trying to ram it into the glass.

What im saying is your argument is irrelevant. Your trying to say he could have done worse, but what he did was bad enough. It was uncalled for and the game was over. Also i was getting the vibe that you didnt think there should be a suspension cause weber "could have killed zetterberg", but he was nice enough to only slam his head a couple times.

so you were assuming something? I repeated like 40 times that it wasn't hard, but it was stupid. It isn't hard to interpret, except for overreacting sports fans.

ok, there I disagree.

That first punch didn't connect thankfully, but it was a Bertuzzi swing to the back of Z's head. Luckily he mostly whiffed and caught his shoulder.

I don't know where you draw the line as to what's an attempt to egregiously injure when you're throwing a punch at the back of a guys head and then trying to ram it into the glass.

the punch was bad but that stuff happens all the time in the corners, there was a TON of crosschecking going on in this game. and there are varying degrees of "attempt to injure". Some people here think that if there was ANY kind of intent it should automatically be 6 games or something like that.

Edited by jollymania

He will be suspended. When announcers on a national level immediately wonder if someone will be suspended it has a good chance of happening. Considering it's the playoffs and an end of the game moment adds to the probability.

I say 1-2 games.

so you were assuming something? I repeated like 40 times that it wasn't hard, but it was stupid. It isn't hard to interpret, except for overreacting sports fans.

Still there is no argument. That is not a hockey play. If it was a lateish hit or a questionable elbow that can be looked at as fans overreacting. What we have here is something that should never happen no matter the severity. It isnt hockey and there should be no tolerance for it.

Yeah man, rabbit punches and headslams into glass...happens every puck battle out there, duh!

You've lost this argument dude just let it go.

stuart threw multiple rabbit punches this game after he was frustrated after penalty no calls, it happens, the head slam doesn't but then again it wasn't a hard head slam.

I call BS, if this happened to a team mate of mine I would throw gloves no doubt! I say f*** Weber and I hope to see retribution in this series. Whether or not he gets a suspension for this he better have a target for this series. A dirty no-class act IMO withe 5 sec left. :ranting:

weber got a roughing penalty,that is what it says on the scoresheet

Boom, there it is.

Maybe one game, IMO. And if that happens it will be because so far the media is forcing the issue.

And also because its at the end of the game.... well that makes it likely he will have a seat for the next game.

the punch was bad but that stuff happens all the time in the corners, there was a TON of crosschecking going on in this game. and there are varying degrees of "attempt to injure". Some people here think that if there was ANY kind of intent it should automatically be 6 games or something like that.

Wings suffered a tough loss and then had one of their star players get his head slammed into the glass. I'm not sure why you're expecting people to be calm and rational about it.

Still there is no argument. That is not a hockey play. If it was a lateish hit or a questionable elbow that can be looked at as fans overreacting. What we have here is something that should never happen no matter the severity. It isnt hockey and there should be no tolerance for it.

when am i saying it is part of hockey? And there should be no tolerance for it but it wasn't some kind of mega cheapshot. You guys and your fallacies...

Wings suffered a tough loss and then had one of their star players get his head slammed into the glass. I'm not sure why you're expecting people to be calm and rational about it.

im not, just giving it to them anyways.

I'm a noob but count me as a passionate errr.. overreacting sports fan. I was hoping someone in this thread would be willing to split gas money to Nashville to go knocking on Weber's door.

when am i saying it is part of hockey? And there should be no tolerance for it but it wasn't some kind of mega cheapshot. You guys and your fallacies...

im not, just giving it to them anyways.

Your making it sound acceptable and we should just accept it as playoff hockey. People are mad cause is a star player that doesnt play dirty, so it kinda translates to a major cheapshot, but thats just my opinion.

Its all gonna depend on the call at the end of the game.

Basically its in the Refs hands on how automatic it is. If the refs didnt call a match penalty like gross misconduct then he may not get a game.

Wrong. There have been several incidents this season in which no penalty was called and a player ended up getting Shanabanned.

I'm not quite sure how anyone could argue that what Weber did wasn't an intent to injure. Seriously? Weber first punches Z in the back of the head and then grabs the back of his head and slams it into the glass. I’d have to say that I’d be very disappointed if Weber doesn’t get at the least a game, but with the way the game was called, and with Bettman in attendance; I wouldn’t be surprised.

Edited by Vladiator