Step 3: Victory!

#162 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

craig custance tweet

Craig custance saying red wings denying the story. but perhaps bert is security as someone said

Red Wings say no truth to Bertuzzi taking ping pong paddles away from Predators. Security told Nashville table was off limits.

#163 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

todd bertuzzi can't stop the preds from doing this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=feAPyigt26Q

I agree,but dont bother arguing with them its pointless.Their trying to make Bertuzzi look like a supertar.If i broke someons neck i would be in jail.
user posted image

#164 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Do you think anyone's messing with the thermostat in the Pred's room? Remember hearing those classic tricks that Bowman pulled?

WE should be doing everything humanly possible and within the rules to make it absolutely miserable on the opponent.

I think the visitor locker rooms need a fresh coat of paint after Weber has been showing off his head bashing skills to anyone who thinks it's funny.

#165 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Don't waste your breath.

Here's a few tips from a Blues fan who has visited/posted in this forum off and on for the past 10 years...

- When Wings fans here start breaking out the "How many cups have you won?" Just smile and move on. It is very predictable and you can usually see it coming. It's the equivalent of them running out of bullets in a gun fight and throwing the gun. It happens all of the time.

- Some fans here will question why you are posting here. Those fans do not understand the benefit of having other team's fans contribute.

- You will be called a troll by some. Those particular folks do not know what the definition of a forum troll is...as you rightfully pointed out.

- A few members here (usually newbs) will call you names, attack you, ridicule you and harass you, even if you are simply talking hockey. But don't try to laugh it off or God forbid zing them back, you may get a warning from the staff...or maybe that only happens to me. :lol:

Wanna talk about the certain Nashville vs. St. Louis Western Conference Final matchup this year?

I say Blues in 6. ;) :thumbup:

There's nothing wrong with fans of other teams posting here. It's people like you and the person you're responding to that we have a problem with. See if you can spot the difference. This is Matt's house. He lets us play here. When someone invites you to their home, you don't return the favor by s***ting on the carpet.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#166 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Don't waste your breath.

Here's a few tips from a Blues fan who has visited/posted in this forum off and on for the past 10 years...

- When Wings fans here start breaking out the "How many cups have you won?" Just smile and move on. It is very predictable and you can usually see it coming. It's the equivalent of them running out of bullets in a gun fight and throwing the gun. It happens all of the time.

- Some fans here will question why you are posting here. Those fans do not understand the benefit of having other team's fans contribute.

- You will be called a troll by some. Those particular folks do not know what the definition of a forum troll is...as you rightfully pointed out.

- A few members here (usually newbs) will call you names, attack you, ridicule you and harass you, even if you are simply talking hockey. But don't try to laugh it off or God forbid zing them back, you may get a warning from the staff...or maybe that only happens to me. :lol:

Wanna talk about the certain Nashville vs. St. Louis Western Conference Final matchup this year?

Awww look, the Blues fan is getting along with the Predators fan, how cute!

You guys come in here with the excuse that "we're just talking hockey". That's pretty much the equivalent of me poking a bear with a stick and calling it a scientific experiment. You guys are here, pushing buttons, poking us with a stick....don't they have a name for that on the Internet? Oh yeah, TROLLING! It's just like this post above of cprice's...it is not on topic, it is only supporting the Predator's fan on a Red Wing's site, it has no intention being here other than to get under the skin of us Wings' fans....just like the Bertuzzi ping pong incident. Only problem is, this is ourf****** house.

Matt wants you guys to be able to come here, and frankly I don't have a problem with that, but when you start putting up all the smoke and mirrors your gentlemen do...well, I'm not allowed to say what I want about that.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#167 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

This is the reason we don't want you here. You're right, it is definitely useful and enjoyable when fans of other teams contribute. MacK_Attack is the first person I think of; a Leafs fan, but one whose posts I've always enjoyed reading. (On that note, I feel like I haven't seen him in a while...?)

What we don't want to see - and the reason we use the term troll - is when people come here and all they do is tell us that their team is going to beat ours. I don't see how that contributes to friendly playoff discussion, especially when there's trash-talking involved (not citing any specific examples, just speaking generally). What possible purpose does this serve other than to get a rise out of the forumgoers here? That is, what purpose other than to troll us and hope for a reaction?

Sure, other team's fans are welcome here. But it should be painfully obvious that it's a Red Wings forum and that you (again, a general you, not you necessarily) are opening yourself up to hostile reactions from Red Wings fans when you post something we don't agree with. You might not like it, but nobody's making you come here. If you can't take the heat, don't play with fire.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#168 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Alright, guys. Let's get back to discussing the topic at hand.

Let's leave discussing each other's posting styles, Wings fans or otherwise, to the PM's please.

Posted Image

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#169 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Its now being said that Bert just told security that they were playing and security told them to stop.

Should we believe them?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#170 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Its now being said that Bert just told security that they were playing and security told them to stop.

Should we believe them?

They can say what they want, but in my head it will always happen the way it was originally reported. Bert told them to get their own damn table, then packed up his toys and went home. The End.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#171 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

this is a gongshow of a thread.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#172 Brevard

Brevard

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I don't see the benefit to pissing off an opponent that is already younger and stronger than you.

#173 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

as Jedi pointed out only a few posts ago, please stay on topic.

If you can't keep from taking shots at either city or its fans, this thread will be the ping pong table, I will be Bertuzzi and you will be sad Predators who don't get to play anymore.

#174 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

as Jedi pointed out only a few posts ago, please stay on topic.

If you can't keep from taking shots at either city or its fans, this thread will be the ping pong table, I will be Bertuzzi and you will be sad Predators who don't get to play anymore.

:lol: Epic.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#175 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

What I find funniest about this entire thread is that although all the posts have gotten pretty ridiculous (at this point) I have a massive banner ad on this page trying to sell me ping pong tables...friggin Google knows all
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#176 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

would be even more epic if he said...you can keep on playing Suter :hehe:

#177 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I agree,but dont bother arguing with them its pointless.Their trying to make Bertuzzi look like a supertar.If i broke someons neck i would be in jail.

Coming from the person that was mad about all the bad stuff on the site.. lol :lol:

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, 17 April 2012 - 12:18 PM.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#178 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Wow - that'll show'em...How about this...Instead of taking away the Preds ability to play ping-pong at the Joe - maybe the Wings should concentrate on playing a full 60 minutes.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#179 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I don't care what they say, I'm sticking to the original story.

"I came out of our room, saw some of their guys wanting to play on our Ping Pong tables and told security," Bertuzzi told the Free Press. "I didn't do anything else. I didn't move the table myself."

http://www.freep.com...dyssey=nav|head

Edited by rrasco, 17 April 2012 - 12:33 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#180 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hopefully the Preds can trade ping-pong for golf.