• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I realize its not just Wings fans....I'm sure Leafs fans and others are just as bad.....but I live here, have all my life.....and listening to talk radio and reading the boards after a loss....there is never a time when the officials AREN'T called into question at some point. Its comical. Its very rare when you hear a rational fan say "we just got beat by a better team"

I think everyone on this board agrees that this year we lost to the better team. I have no problem with that. The problem is that this is the first time we lost to the better team since 2008. You can also go back to 2007 Anaheim series when Ducks were allowed to do everything they wanted including putting Hasek into the net. That's the problem. Not this year.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#42 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

My bf doesn't follow hockey but has been trying for me. He's watched some of the playoffs this year.

He sent me the following texts tonight:
"NHL seems to have a weak commish. And it seems less than professional in many regards compared to NBA, NFL, or Major League Baseball. It is not even marketed as well as the WWF."

"Somehow somebody has left the casual NHL observer with feelings reminiscent of boxing after Holmes beat the piss out of Ali. It's like no one knows who the f*** is the heavyweight champion of the world?"

Basically, he's confused as to what is a penalty and what isn't. I've tried to explain the game, but in watching, he is confused. He has, however, independently come to the conclusion that Crosby is a *****.

He has also discovered that the game itself is pretty cool.

It's been interesting getting perspective from an outsider.

Edited by 55fan, 23 April 2012 - 02:59 AM.