• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

I think Kindl is simply nothing special. He's not notably good on either side of the ice. He shows occasional flashes of offensive brilliance, but he also shows spots of defensive ineptitude. He's large, but he doesn't use his size to his advantage.

I hope he'll develop further, but I'm not confident he'll do so.

Ericsson gets ragged on for poor play because he has the raw physical tools and (in flashes) the talent to be a bonified top 4 NHL defenseman. Kindl gets ragged on because he doesnt posses the skillset physically or technically as Ericsson and is smaller, a poor skater, less physical, and cant fight (something E gets no credit for despite being pretty decent at).

I'd like to see Kindl as part of a Jbo trade then sign a 7th dman off the scrap heap who has some size and grit to their game.

#22 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

The biggest suprise will be if we make it out of the first round of the playoffs.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Wow, I doubt any team is going to want to touch Cory Emmerton with a 10 foot pole after seeing this article on Kuklas Korner.

This is such crap. This could easily be spun into a "Cory Emmerton learning to be the next Draper" article. He played 71 games last year for a reason. If the team didnt think he was useful, they would have canned him.

#24 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

This is such crap. This could easily be spun into a "Cory Emmerton learning to be the next Draper" article. He played 71 games last year for a reason. If the team didnt think he was useful, they would have canned him.

Ya the fact that a guy like Mike Richards is fourth on this list, gives it no credibility. Sure Emmerton didn't produce much last season, but few rookies that spend the whole year on the fourth line do.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#25 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

biggest surprise to everyone will be career low in points for D & Z.

concentrating too much on D to make up for the loss of Nick and Stuart.
naked is a state of mind

#26 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I hope you are not right.

#27 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

The biggest surprise to me will be if the CBA is done in time to prevent another lockout, partial or otherwise.

#28 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Everyone knows Smith and Nyquist will be good, and probably brunner....biggest surprise will be Kindl....he has it in him

#29 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Datsyuk 52 pts in 82 games
Zetterberg 41 pts in 82 games
Franzen 9 goals in 80 games

???

Edited by irishock, 11 August 2012 - 02:07 AM.

bringit.jpg

#30 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Datsyuk will score more than that

#31 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Kronwall for breaking the 70 point barrier and Howard for winning the Vezina.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#32 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

no. emmerton saw that many games due that we would lose him on waivers for no value. you're not going to put a player you know that won't clear waivers like that. thats why he played that many games otherwise he'd be on the griffs in a second.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

no. emmerton saw that many games due that we would lose him on waivers for no value. you're not going to put a player you know that won't clear waivers like that. thats why he played that many games otherwise he'd be on the griffs in a second.

Why wouldnt he clear waivers if he was so bad?

#34 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Why wouldnt he clear waivers if he was so bad?

Well he wont now after that report :P kidding I think he obviously did something that the coaching staff liked. But he didn't put up points... or shots even... so he's never going to be noticed much by fans or media. Just the way it is. Perhaps he'll have a good season this year.

I've said it before but my surprise is Ericsson. I think he's finally going to be told that he needs to repay all the faith. He's got a cannon but no confidence to use it, has been working SO hard on his defensive game that I think he's gone into his shell a bit offensively. Now is the time to reawaken it. Give him some PP time and tell him to QB. That should light a fire under him. I'd honestly love to see him get 20mins a night at least. Dude could be beast.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#35 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Only reason Emmerton played at all was because he is a center. Seems like the Wings are planning on using Abdelkader more at center, which I don't necessarily like, but it does create a 4th line that will actually be useful this season. Emmerton is the worst player of the glut at forward -- he provides absolutely nothing and likely won't even make the team.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#36 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Only reason Emmerton played at all was because he is a center. Seems like the Wings are planning on using Abdelkader more at center, which I don't necessarily like, but it does create a 4th line that will actually be useful this season. Emmerton is the worst player of the glut at forward -- he provides absolutely nothing and likely won't even make the team.

That's what he offered then, why he played so much. Perhaps the upside of him playing and allowing Abby to play wing outweighs the downside of playing Abby 4th line centre. Because like has been said, if he was really that crap/brought nothing to the team then he wouldn't have played. Abby would have been 4th line centre last year.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#37 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

That's what he offered then, why he played so much. Perhaps the upside of him playing and allowing Abby to play wing outweighs the downside of playing Abby 4th line centre. Because like has been said, if he was really that crap/brought nothing to the team then he wouldn't have played. Abby would have been 4th line centre last year.

I think Abdelkader is more effective at wing so ideally maybe the Red Wings envisioned Emmerton being able to fill the 4th line center spot. He got an adequate chance and it seems pretty fair to say Emmerton doesn't provide much of anything. Now after a full season of seeing Emmerton and adding more suitable players to the mix on the 4th line, there's really no role for Emmerton on the team.

Edited by GoWings1905, 11 August 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#38 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I think Abdelkader is more effective at wing so ideally maybe the Red Wings envisioned Emmerton being able to fill the 4th line center spot. He got an adequate chance and it seems pretty fair to say Emmerton doesn't provide much of anything. Now after a full season of seeing Emmerton and adding more suitable players to the mix on the 4th line, there's really no role for Emmerton on the team.

I think this is false

#39 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think this is false

Excellent elaboration on why you feel that way. Care to provide what you see in Emmerton that nearly no one else here does?

#40 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Excellent elaboration on why you feel that way. Care to provide what you see in Emmerton that nearly no one else here does?

Speed, youth, experience. You really expect Emmerton to score 50 pts with Holmstrom and Abdelkader for 8 minutes a night? Cory is fast. He will improve this year.